Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

* And the FUNNIEST one of all is Dez Bryant is the next Micheal Irving
roll.gif
It's Irvin, you dingbat. 
laugh.gif

I can care less about his name or the Cowboys
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

you really believe they'll keep him back there as punt returner?

that will likely end in a year or two.
No doubt, but I said TODAY, not a year or two from now ... I remember Randy returned a few punts in his first few years I think but they yanked him soon after  ... Steve Smith used to do it HEAVY ... Andre and Larry NEVER ...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

you really believe they'll keep him back there as punt returner?

that will likely end in a year or two.
No doubt, but I said TODAY, not a year or two from now ... I remember Randy returned a few punts in his first few years I think but they yanked him soon after  ... Steve Smith used to do it HEAVY ... Andre and Larry NEVER ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

Originally Posted by CP1708

Back on like page 2, I said I could see signs of Dez breakin out real soon........but I didn't realize he was top 3 already. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
All I'm saying is he is ELITE ... He is up there with Randy and Fitz and Stevey and Andre etc... who really cares which number they are because ANY team would take ANY of them ... I would take Dez because I think he is an all around receiver and he can return punts and kicks ...

Question....could we have considered Michael Clayton "elite" after the first 3 games in his rookie year? 

Back on like page 2, I said I could see signs of Dez breakin out real soon........but I didn't realize he was top 3 already. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
All I'm saying is he is ELITE ... He is up there with Randy and Fitz and Stevey and Andre etc... who really cares which number they are because ANY team would take ANY of them ... I would take Dez because I think he is an all around receiver and he can return punts and kicks ...

Question....could we have considered Michael Clayton "elite" after the first 3 games in his rookie year? 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

eek.gif
laugh.gif

HELL NO. Dez in college > Clayton's entire pro career. Dez WILL be elite very very soon. Clayton just took advantage of an opportunity. There were no other good receivers in Tampa that year and Brian Griese would look to Clayton like every single play.

eek.gif
laugh.gif

HELL NO. Dez in college > Clayton's entire pro career. Dez WILL be elite very very soon. Clayton just took advantage of an opportunity. There were no other good receivers in Tampa that year and Brian Griese would look to Clayton like every single play.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

eek.gif
laugh.gif

I was being sarcastic. 

Originally Posted by Buc Em

eek.gif
laugh.gif

I was being sarcastic. 

If Dez Bryant was elite right now he wouldnt be returning kicks.

Elite receivers DONT return kicks.

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

You are one of the most unitelligent people I've ever seen in S&T ... Why not? He doesn't have the offense down 100% right now so one way to get him on the field and utilize his speed and big play ability is through the return game (TD against CHI) ... We have Miles Austin, Roy E., Witten, Bennett and two backs so we don't NEED him to be the star he is right now on offense ... We have the luxury of letting him gradually work himself into the gameplan while still getting the ball in other ways ...

Like I said, once Garrett and Romo realize he is the best option we have at receiver, he will make his mark ... The light turned on last week with Romo when he started throwing jump balls to Dez ... Dude caught every pass like it was nothing ... One handed, diving out of bounds, didnt matter ... He is a FREAK!

And by the way, he doesnt return kicks, he returns punts ...

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

You are one of the most unitelligent people I've ever seen in S&T ... Why not? He doesn't have the offense down 100% right now so one way to get him on the field and utilize his speed and big play ability is through the return game (TD against CHI) ... We have Miles Austin, Roy E., Witten, Bennett and two backs so we don't NEED him to be the star he is right now on offense ... We have the luxury of letting him gradually work himself into the gameplan while still getting the ball in other ways ...

Like I said, once Garrett and Romo realize he is the best option we have at receiver, he will make his mark ... The light turned on last week with Romo when he started throwing jump balls to Dez ... Dude caught every pass like it was nothing ... One handed, diving out of bounds, didnt matter ... He is a FREAK!

And by the way, he doesnt return kicks, he returns punts ...

laugh.gif

Goddd you grind my gears. I wanted to laugh some more at you but seriously i am now ignoring you.

laugh.gif

Goddd you grind my gears. I wanted to laugh some more at you but seriously i am now ignoring you.

I love Dez's potential and i think he will be very good/great in the future, but we compare what he did in three games to some others career.  You still have to put Miles Austin above him because he has to at least has a season under his belt and a pro bowl.  You got to pay respect to the careers these guys have had and what they have showed us, not to what Dez could do in the future.  Give him time because Michael Clayton was also a beast for a year and we see how that turned out.  Just give Dez time to prove it, you can't put him up there with guys who have been doing it for years and face double teams every week because Dez isn't even the focus of the defense like Fitz, Dre, and Moss are

I love Dez's potential and i think he will be very good/great in the future, but we compare what he did in three games to some others career.  You still have to put Miles Austin above him because he has to at least has a season under his belt and a pro bowl.  You got to pay respect to the careers these guys have had and what they have showed us, not to what Dez could do in the future.  Give him time because Michael Clayton was also a beast for a year and we see how that turned out.  Just give Dez time to prove it, you can't put him up there with guys who have been doing it for years and face double teams every week because Dez isn't even the focus of the defense like Fitz, Dre, and Moss are

the guy doesn't have ONE receiving touchdown yet...and he's sky rocketed to the elite class of WR in the NFL...brilliant

the guy doesn't have ONE receiving touchdown yet...and he's sky rocketed to the elite class of WR in the NFL...brilliant

Back
Top Bottom