NFL Week 3 In Review...

We already have three QBs with over 1000 yards passing. Peyton only needs 231 tonight to make it four.

There is only one player averaging over 100 rushing yards per game (Shady McCoy).
Speaking of Shady, Philly averaging 209 rush yards per game.
sick.gif

I saw somethin that said Shady was on pace for something like 2,700 total yards on the season. :lol: :pimp:

So they let AMP on the radio out there huh? That sucks.

"Just give Geno some weapons, 2-3 years, that run....."

We have the worst skill players in the league....we have one of the best defenses that is loaded with young guys. This is a rebuilding year where we could be headed to 8-8 realistically. So what did I say that was out of line. Oh, wait you are just playing clown again.

Tannehill is good no denying that but its a long season and there is a lot of football left to be played. I expect New Orleans to stomp you guys on primetime next week too.

A lot of Rodgers "played bad"  talk, but he wasn't just off. The Bengals pass rush and coverage played a huge part in that. Leon Hall shut Randall Cobb down in the slot. Think he had 4 or 5 passes defense and then an INT.

Michael Johnson also abused the LT. He's about to get paidddd. 

Last edited:
The bucs lost that game, jets didn't win it and the bills are one of the most inept teams in the leagues not to mention they still had chances
To win that game till the 2nd to last drive in the 4th.

Jets could very well be 0-3.

That defense though with Mo :smokin

you're trying so hard to discredit them. they won the games. we could very easily be 0-3 as well. talking about what could have been or should have been is pointless.

A lot of Rodgers "played bad"  talk, but he wasn't just off. The Bengals pass rush and coverage played a huge part in that. Leon Hall shut Randall Cobb down in the slot. 
Go back and look at how accurate he was... He had 3-4 mid-deep balls that weren't even close.  He McNabb 1 hopped a 1-2 balls to checkdowns...

The defense did play well and Hall was great but just look at some of the throws he made compared to a normal game for him.

His best throw by far was the one he fit into Jermichael on the play he got concussed.

Last week he went for 480 and 4 TD's with 0 picks and it wasn't even talked about that much... So yea when he has a game where he throws more picks than TD's and whatever awful completion % he had, he played a bad game.

The bucs lost that game, jets didn't win it and the bills are one of the most inept teams in the leagues not to mention they still had chances
To win that game till the 2nd to last drive in the 4th.

Jets could very well be 0-3.

It kills you to give the jets credit huh?

Typical Jet fans on the radio :lol: kill the Dolphins as overrated and lucky but praise the Jets and talk about how they should be 3-0.

So they let AMP on the radio out there huh? That sucks.

"Just give Geno some weapons, 2-3 years, that run....."

I'm not trying to discredit them or anything but you can't say the Dolphins are overrated or lucky to be 3-0 and then turn around and tell me the Jets should be 3-0 and look like they're a contender this year.

Jets have a very strong defense and those who pegged them as #32 in the league (espn) were way off.

That said, they're still not an 8-8 or better team. Geno is as sloppy with the turnovers as Sanchez ever was.

I'm going 6-10.

Last edited:
- Great win for the Cowboys this week.
pimp.gif
The team needs to convince DeMarco Murray that he's playing the Rams every week.
laugh.gif
Was really impressed by the defensive effort. The Rams gave up no sacks coming into the game and the Cowboys got about 6. The offense can be solid if they commit to maintaining balance. The thing now is to build off this win going into San Diego next week. Knowing how erratic this team can be week to week, I'm preparing myself for them to lay an egg against the Chargers and for Romo to throw it 60+ times. Hopefully I'm wrong.

- Very impressive road win for the Colts. Definitely wasn't expecting that, especially how they dominated the 49ers running the ball. It was all good just two weeks ago for Kaep and the 9ers. I think they'll turn it around though.

- Dolphins with the nice comeback win at home. The AFC East might not be a cakewalk for New England after all, looking forward to their first matchup.

mean.gif
laugh.gif
@ h3at picking against his team in survival league.

- Bengals blew a double digit lead for the second time in three weeks, this time though they were able to comeback and win. The division is right there for the taking by them.

- The 49ers, Falcons and Packers are all 1-2. They're gonna **** around and let Seattle get HFA for the NFC playoffs and they don't want those problems

- The Saints are quietly 3-0. Payton and Brees doing their thing as expected, but Rob Ryan has been doing work as the DC thus far.

- "Cam!   Whoa Cam!"
pimp.gif
Hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season.

- The NFC East.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

- The Browns' front office after Brian Hoyer lead that game winning drive:

frustrated.gif

- Side note: my game picks for this week were dreadful.
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Not in here to say the Jets deserve all the credit in the world, but when you look at it, if Gates/Hill never had their numerous drops against NE, we could be 3-0 right now. I feel like even 2-1 was not projected for this team.

Our D is atop the league, and will hopefully remain there the rest of the way. They are definitely our foundation as a team. Geno has to just keep doing what he's doing, and fight through the rookie turnovers. Honestly. I really can't say much bad about what he's been doing over than the turnovers. Kid is making good throws and using his legs when it calls for it.

Last edited:
Nice wins Indy and Miami :pimp:

Always good to see the Niners and Packers take an L to a couple of AFC teams they were suppose to smash. Looking like AFC > NFC at the moment.

Pats business as usual. I expect another W next week as well and I expect the rookies to keep improving

talk to me, goose...

Thompkins had 3 catches on our rookie 2nd round corner. Congrats.

Dobson is still trash. He had one pretty big gain on blown coverage. All his other catches were those like 5 yard crossing routes that Edelman caught 16 of the week before.

talk to me, goose...

Thompkins had 3 catches on our rookie 2nd round corner. Congrats.

Dobson is still trash. He had one pretty big gain on blown coverage. All his other catches were those like 5 yard crossing routes that Edelman caught 16 of the week before.

:lol:

ok...3 games, 3 TDs from them. not sure what you expect from them. megatron or bust? but they're both improving each week they've played

and brady completely missed an open dobson in the endzone...TWICE

Last edited:
hard to watch the steelers this season. they showed some signs of life last night, but they can't keep making mistakes and turning the ball over. that and the defense is plagued by their inability to force turnovers again.

ben's throws were on point when he had time. he still had a few overthrows and rushed underthrows, but for the most part, when he had time, he was hitting the mark. i still think he's a top qb in the league, but if we're not winning games, no one's going to see that.

glad i don't gamble, because i went 6-10 on my predictions this week (assuming the broncos beat the raiders).

i think the nfc east is the absolute funniest division in the league. every single season it seems that their fans more concerned about the rest of the teams in the division losing than they are about their own team winning. no one in that division is doing **** which is why the division title is the grand prize for them.

Go back and look at how accurate he was... He had 3-4 mid-deep balls that weren't even close.  He McNabb 1 hopped a 1-2 balls to checkdowns...

The defense did play well and Hall was great but just look at some of the throws he made compared to a normal game for him.

His best throw by far was the one he fit into Jermichael on the play he got concussed.

Last week he went for 480 and 4 TD's with 0 picks and it wasn't even talked about that much... So yea when he has a game where he throws more picks than TD's and whatever awful completion % he had, he played a bad game.
The Finley pass was beautiful and I remember a great ball to Jordy on the sideline as well. 

He clearly had a bad game, but it's not just that he was off. He had a bad game because he was constantly pressured and the DBs also played really well. 

ok...3 games, 3 TDs from them. not sure what you expect from them. megatron or bust? but they're both improving each week they've played

One of them Mason Foster was covering him and I think tipped it and the other was blown coverage. You act like 3 TD's between your current top two receivers in 3 games is a good thing. Dobson's TD last week was a complete blown coverage too.

Believe me I root for the Patriots every week because Brady and Gronk are on my fantasy team so I watch pretty much all their games. This is the worst I've ever seen Brady play. He doesn't trust any of those guys...he just HAS to throw to them at the moment.

Its funny that everyone always is like the Jets are almost 0-3 when they were just are a couple drops away against New England from winning that game and being 3-0 right now. Geno makes sloppy turnovers...he's a rookie. We also had over 500 yards of offense yesterday. But as the media circus does, they like to slay the Jets no matter what happens.

Our defense will keep us in every game this year. If Santonio is also healthy that will be a huge difference maker for us. Him being healthy is a game changer because it gives Geno the security blanket which wasn't present before.

Last edited:
Its funny that everyone always is like the Jets are almost 0-3 when they were just are a couple drops away against New England from winning that game and being 3-0 right now. Geno makes sloppy turnovers...he's a rookie. We also had over 500 yards of offense yesterday. But as the media circus does, they like to slay the Jets no matter what happens.

Our defense will keep us in every game this year. If Santonio is also healthy that will be a huge difference maker for us. Him being healthy is a game changer offensively.

What do you mean that Santonio is a "game changer?"

Might be minutiae on my part, but I just want a little clarity as to where you are going with that...

Doesnt eem matter how Brady plays at this point. The offense is going to click; its only a matter of time.

The 2013 Patriots is all about the DEFENSE :pimp:

Talib, Vince, Jones, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, McCourty, Arrington... :smokin

Where do yall think this Pats defense ranks amongst the league best?

Our defense will keep us in every game this year. If Santonio is also healthy that will be a huge difference maker for us. Him being healthy is a game changer because it gives Geno the security blanket which wasn't present before.

in EVERY game ?

One of them Mason Foster was covering him and I think tipped it and the other was blown coverage. You act like 3 TD's between your current top two receivers in 3 games is a good thing. Dobson's TD last week was a complete blown coverage too.

Believe me I root for the Patriots every week because Brady and Gronk are on my fantasy team so I watch pretty much all their games. This is the worst I've ever seen Brady play. He doesn't trust any of those guys...he just HAS to throw to them at the moment.

it's not a good thing for our team as a whole that we have 5 TDs through the air in 3 games. that's way too lite. but for the rookies, it isn't bad. not sure what you would expect from them? just cause brady is killing your fantasy team doesn't mean those receivers are trash. the trust is coming alone. it doesn't happen immediately.

and i'm not saying they're the next julio and roddy...but absolute trash? not buying that

Doesnt eem matter how Brady plays at this point. The offense is going to click; its only a matter of time.

The 2013 Patriots is all about the DEFENSE :pimp:

Talib, Vince, Jones, Mayo, Spikes, Hightower, McCourty, Arrington... :smokin

Where do yall think this Pats defense ranks amongst the league best?

extremely pleased with how our defense and special teams have been playing so far this year . cant believe you forgot to mention that boy Ninkovich . so happy we gave him an extension :smokin

next three weeks will be big tests for our defense . on the road against the Falcons and Bengals , then home against the Saints :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom