NFL Week 4 In Review....

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

i need that Reggie Wayne face at the end in disgust
laugh.gif
Guy was FURIOUS... made no attempt to hide his emotions. I felt for him but couldn't help laughing when I saw how pissed he was.
roll.gif
me too

that Luck and Peyton thing is going to be a tricky situation. I just hope we win at least 1 game this season

Originally Posted by Buc Em

2157979678239b92f2b356806bdc20e8-getty-127948092.jpg

Curtis Painter or not, feels good man
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

he's in 2/3 fantasy teams. appreciated
pimp.gif

still mad the titans let him go tho
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

Jerry gonna find a way to get luck , hes done with romo if he doesnt get them to at least the nfc championship game.

IMO, if the Colts land the #1 pick and Peyton is healthy, it would be wise to try to spin that pick for a boatload of picks, including a top 3-5 pick so they can take Barkley. Hear me out....

First off, Barkley is no Luck. Lets get that out of the way. But think about how much a team would be willing to give up for that #1 overall pick? Look at what the Falcons gave up to move up to take Julio Jones. If the Colts could trade the Luck pick, get a top pick for Barkley, then use the additional high 2012 picks to provide immediate help, as well as the first rounder and other high pick in 2013 to do the same thing, they would be better off than if they were to take Luck.

The Colts still have a window to win. They just need to be smarter with their picks. If downgrading from Luck to Barkley meant getting two additional high 2012 picks and a couple 2013 high picks including a first rounder, I think you HAVE to jump on it.

Originally Posted by Air273

having the number 1 pick sit is a waste and luck wouldnt be happy about it for more than a year....Rodgers wasnt the number 1 pick.....i think after a year trade Manning and i also think he has at least 5 good years left.

You don't trade Peyton Manning.
I know the response is "well you could say the same about Favre" but Favre situation in GB became very sour, Peyton has been the face of the NFL, and on his shoulders alone brought the Colts to relevance for the last 10+ yrs.

Originally Posted by dland24

IMO, if the Colts land the #1 pick and Peyton is healthy, it would be wise to try to spin that pick for a boatload of picks, including a top 3-5 pick so they can take Barkley. Hear me out....

First off, Barkley is no Luck. Lets get that out of the way. But think about how much a team would be willing to give up for that #1 overall pick? Look at what the Falcons gave up to move up to take Julio Jones. If the Colts could trade the Luck pick, get a top pick for Barkley, then use the additional high 2012 picks to provide immediate help, as well as the first rounder and other high pick in 2013 to do the same thing, they would be better off than if they were to take Luck.

The Colts still have a window to win. They just need to be smarter with their picks. If downgrading from Luck to Barkley meant getting two additional high 2012 picks and a couple 2013 high picks including a first rounder, I think you HAVE to jump on it.

This is actually a really interesting take.
It makes sense, but it'll be hard to justify to the public. The fact is Indy in a tough situation, if they do land the top pick, the whole world knows that Luck is the consensus, can't miss, #1 pick, but like everyone said if Manning is back with no lingering effects, taking Luck doesn't make much sense.

I doubt this happens, but let's say the Colts get the pick and choose Luck, he may pull a Eli Manning and say he doesn't want to play there and force a trade on draft day.

I think the best thing the Colts can hope for is the #2 or #3 pick so they don't have to make this decision.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Air273

having the number 1 pick sit is a waste and luck wouldnt be happy about it for more than a year....Rodgers wasnt the number 1 pick.....i think after a year trade Manning and i also think he has at least 5 good years left.

You don't trade Peyton Manning.
I know the response is "well you could say the same about Favre" but Favre situation in GB became very sour, Peyton has been the face of the NFL, and on his shoulders alone brought the Colts to relevance for the last 10+ yrs.

We traded Joe Montana.  Im not saying the Colts should trade Peyton....Im just sayin.

The thing about the NFL Draft though is that Top 5 picks NEVER move. In very, very rare cases they have, but it's nothing like the NBA where every year you hear millions of rumors that the #2 pick is going to be moved, or there's a team wants to trade for two Top 5 picks, etc.

With the Colts drafting history (Anthony Gonzalez, Donald Brown, Jerry Hughes, Marlin Jackson, etc.) would it be wise for them to pass up what many say is the biggest can't-miss QB prospect in years for more draft picks?

I can see your logic, but it wouldn't be smart for Indianapolis. I believe there's a significant gap between the Luck and the rest of the QB prospects, so that's another reason I wouldn't do it.

Anyone that can make your team better by being traded should be traded. **** sentiment and **** waiting around for the athlete to decide when they want to leave. Being emotional over a player that was great and is no more will kill your chances to compete. I'm not saying Peyton is at that point yet, but when it becomes clear that he is, I would want my team to make the responsible decision and move on.

Originally Posted by JPZx

The thing about the NFL Draft though is that Top 5 picks NEVER move. In very, very rare cases they have, but it's nothing like the NBA where every year you hear millions of rumors that the #2 pick is going to be moved, or there's a team wants to trade for two Top 5 picks, etc.

With the Colts drafting history (Anthony Gonzalez, Donald Brown, Jerry Hughes, Marlin Jackson, etc.) would it be wise for them to pass up what many say is the biggest can't-miss QB prospect in years for more draft picks?

I can see your logic, but it wouldn't be smart for Indianapolis. I believe there's a significant gap between the Luck and the rest of the QB prospects, so that's another reason I wouldn't do it.

But with the new CBA in place and rookie salares restructured to draft friendly levels, we might see a shift in how teams approach the draft.

Originally Posted by S4L3

Post your observations from Week 4...

-That loss is only on Tony Romo. No other players or coaches. You just can't make throws like that. The only good thing is our only competition in the NFC East lost yesterday as well.

-Buffalo is Buffalo. Beating the Patriots won't change that.

-What the hell was Ronnie Brown doing when he decided to throw the ball as he's falling to the ground? LOL. That Eagles defense is one of the highest paid and one of the worst in the league.

-The Steelers are old. Their time has come and gone.

-Hopefully Andre gets back out there quickly.

-Oakland isn't ready to the big leagues yet.

-Sanchez needs to be benched. The Jets won't even make the playoffs.

-Has anybody looked at the Packers schedule? Cupcake city...

-The amount of bad teams in the league is making certain teams look better than what they really are.

Quotes Of The Week...
"The Eagles basically just beat themselves every game. We REALISTICALLY could be 4-0 right now."-Eagles fan who has somehow secured himself some of the best drugs on the market.
"I'm watching the Ravens vs Jets game and it gets me so upset, b/c I know if our defense just played to its potential we could be that good, or even better."-Eagles fan who was also at the drug pick-up.
pimp.gif

With Chad Henne out for the season and Matt Moore set to take over for the Phins, add them to the top of the Suck for Luck sweepstakes

Back
Top Bottom