NFL Week 4 In Review....

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Why can't it be the Lions are actually a good team who won the game? Why do people have to say Tony Romo is the reason they won, can't anyone give Detroit any credit?
Did you watch any part of that game?
laugh.gif

If you honestly believe the Lions went out and won it, you should switch to futbol. Stafford throws a prayer up that was answered by a freak of nature and Romo threw 2 picks for touchdowns and another inside the 40 with 4 minutes to go up by 3.

Originally Posted by nestasprotege

Megatron is the Lebron of the NFL. He is only good because of the size God gave him. He was completely ghost the entire game aside from those two jump balls. As far as being a complete receiver, I'd put at least 5 people ahead of him. He is a glorified rebounder who plays receiver in the NFL.

Doesn't matter how you get it... Touchdowns >>>
I don't even think Lord Mega has played a great game yet. That's how good he is. Randy Moss, watch out.

Megatron is the Lebron of the NFL. He is only good because of the size God gave him. He was completely ghost the entire game aside from those two jump balls. As far as being a complete receiver, I'd put at least 5 people ahead of him. He is a glorified rebounder who plays receiver in the NFL.
list the 5

And the quotes of the week gotta go if they gonna be Cowboys biased, yall deserve a ton of em too
laugh.gif

How can anyone put the Eagles Redzone issues on Vick, it ain't his fault they are filled with speed receivers that are stretch the field guys.  I'm sure he would like a megatron he could just throw it up to as well.  Andy Reid has been the thing holding back that team and will continue to be.

The Steelers

- Got dominated
- Stretch are unguardable for the defense (see Colts and Ravens games)
- Aaron Smith is getting pushed around in the trenches
- All that money to Woodley and Timmons. They've done nothing to date
- There's no help in sight for the o-line
30t6p3b.gif

- Redman is looking a lot better than Mendy even without a line
- TP and Wallace is only bright thing on the team
- Hines has really disappeared but then again Ben cant throw him the ball anyway 

Originally Posted by AG 47

-There is obviously a 3-way tie for the best WR CURRENTLY in the NFL...just saying that so feelings don't get hurt. It's not like Calvin Johnson isn't the best WR by a wide margin or anything...

We talked about this last week. Megatron might be the best WR in the league, but by a wide margin? I still disagree.

I watched yesterday's game and CJ caught one slant pattern. You want to guess how many times he ventured across the middle?

I still consider Andre and Fitz to be in the same class as Megatron. So while he may be the best, he isn't miles ahead of either of them.

But I will say this, I find it interesting that he just tied Cris Carter's record for most multi-TD games in a row after Cris Carter said he's only "very good at Madden..."
laugh.gif
what does him not running a slant have to do w. anything???  Andre and Fitz while AMAZING WRs, are not on CJ's level (this year).  He's separated himself from his peers with his play this season. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

How can anyone put the Eagles Redzone issues on Vick, it ain't his fault they are filled with speed receivers that are stretch the field guys.  I'm sure he would like a megatron he could just throw it up to as well.  Andy Reid has been the thing holding back that team and will continue to be.
Vick has never ever been a good red zone QB even before coming to Philly, he doesn't make the WISEST decisions at times.
Its 50/50.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

- I try not to comment bout the Jets in ere but man...Sanchez is just so bad.  Like beyond bad.  How people can defend that guy or ever thought he was a competent QB is so beyond me.  SMFH.
- This Jets team just has glaring holes all over, I'll be surprised if we make the playoffs.
- Rodgers is just on another level right now, its like he is just seeing things way quicker than anybody else on the field.
- Cam Newton is a BAD MAN.  If I'ma playoff team, I do not want to see that team the second half of the year.
- Every week when the Broncos lose, we here Tim Tebow's name getting screamed.  How bad does the guy have to be for them to still not put him in there with everyone clamoring
laugh.gif

- Chris Johnson nice to know your alive.  Jeff Fisher just knows how to run a team and Hasselback is perfect for the system.  That is a playoff team right there.
- That Steelers front line, man what happened
30t6p3b.gif

- NFC East is the biggest joke of a division, just cause the fans of every team really think there teams are on some Super Bowl contender %#**...Nah, your division is horrible, Washington really might win that %#** with Rex !!$*$+$ Grossman
laugh.gif

- Cincinatti, that D is still very good.  If they had a decent QB that team could win the NFC North.
- Tony Romo will  not be in Dallas next year.  That team is just poorly run, nothing more nothing less.  They keep doing the same %#** year after year.  Jason Garrett = Wade Phillips, they need a whole new system.

Top 5
1. Packers
2. Saints
3. Patriots
4. Lions
5. Baltimore

roll.gif
roll.gif

you mean Coach Munchak, who is doing a great job btw. !*%$ Fisher

embarassed.gif
Forgot he got fired, my bad.  Regardlesd, I expect them to edge out Houston for the division (still can't trust a Gary Kubiak team)

Sup shoes?
"The Texans will be 2-2 after Week 4"
Texans arent frauds, "Americas team" are frauds
Detroit fans, be prepared to watch S4L will be his usual self in the Week in Review threads and try to not give y'all any credit. Calvin Johnson violated that trash secondary...I'm so sick we didn't beat them
S4L is a certified clown.
S4L3, i know you saw some of the things said in the cowboys/lions game thread.. ALOT better quotes of the week, mainly this one:
Yall gotta realize that OP is a Boys fan.

2/3 of the most ridiculous quotes come from Cowboys fans so they will never make it to the QOTW due to fan bias. 
And the quotes of the week gotta go if they gonna be Cowboys biased, yall deserve a ton of em too

clowns.jpg

- Raven's D
pimp.gif

- I absolutely love watching that Lions team play. Amazing comeback 2 weeks in a row. How long can they stay this hot?
- Philly...?? I didn't see the game so I can't say much, but time is ticking. still have the Patriots, Bears and Jets to play, plus divisional games.
ohwell.gif

- Packers look unstoppable.
- Michael Bush straight bulldozed somebody for NE @ the goalline
sick.gif
laugh.gif

- Megatron is bionic.
- Forte has been an overall top 5 RB for years and still comparatively manages to fly under the radar.
- Foster w/30 carries. put da team on his back
- Steelers do look old, but no way I count them out yet. I'll agree that Hines is done. looks like molasses
- Killa Cam still beastin'. should've never paid D-Will that money, though. hoping they can eventually turn it around, but that organization is cursed.
- had a Raiders fan bet me they'd beat the Pats
laugh.gif
bet against Brady after a loss?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Cam is a top 5 qb THIS year... (rogers,brady,brees,vick....cam
pimp.gif
) no worse than 6th if u throw rivers n there
[table][tr][td]STATS[/td][td]PCT[/td][td]YDS[/td][td]AVG[/td][td]TD[/td][td]INT[/td][td]RAT[/td][/tr][tr][td]2011 Season[/td][td]59.5[/td][td]1386[/td][td]8.5[/td][td]5[/td][td]5[/td][td]84.5[/td][/tr][/table]
add in a few rushing TDs. but still...

1168834_calm_down_bro_super_RE_uprate_party-s600x450-50596.jpg

now for a rookie, he's doing BIG things, no doubt. but let's ease up a bit on the top 5 stuff...
you will see... top 5 THISSS year... hes that good, his team is pretty bad and hes had them in position to compete every week

and to dude who said Megatron is jus a glorified rebounder... nevermind.

1. Fitz
2. Dre
3. Welker
4. B Marsh
5. Jennings
6. Miles

Are better complete, all-around receivers than Megatron. There's not a single receiver on that list I would take over him in the red zone or when my team was down 40 and I needed to toss a prayer up. But let's not get carried away here. Stafford and Megatron are being severely hyped right now, Stafford moreso than CJ. Stafford is complete and utter garbage as a qb, which is still better than Tony Romo.

Honestly, if Sensabaugh doesn't get knocked out of the game, CJ doesn't win it for the Lions.

OP is such a fraud; the Cowboys aren't in much better graces than the Eagles are right now

And I see people still ignore Smitty in these WR discussions despite the numbers he is putting up...

Which one of Marshall's personalities is top 5 cause the one I saw out there yesterday sure didn't look so hot?

steelers:

-this o-line has been making me pull my hair out for years now. every draft, i expect them to address it as their #1 priority, but they don't really do that (with the exception of pouncey).
-the defense just looks terrible. i have no idea how we're ranked #1 against the pass this year, but it's probably because teams are running all over/past us this year. it just seems like everyone got paid on defense and just stopped making plays. 3rd down defense in the first half was just downright frustrating. even if they were at 3rd and long, it got to the point where i knew they were going to make the play to get the first down against us.
-i'm pissed mike wallace didn't even get targeted at all in the 2nd half. if ben had even just below average protection, i'm sure he could have made a few more plays and somehow kept us in the game, but he had to deal with that failure of an o-line the whole game.
-we've got a pretty easy schedule this year after we finish playing the patriots and ravens, but i think we'll still struggle to make the playoffs this year. even if we do make it, barring a miraculous turnaround late in the season, we're not going to go anywhere.
-next draft we better address the o-line and find a LB to replace farrior/foote.
-jason worilds might need to just replace james harrison until he can get back to 100%, because i'm not seeing any type of penetration from him this season so far.
-with all that being said, i knew we were going to lose going into this week, but i hated they gave me false hope just to let me down.
-i don't like this matchup against the titans next week, but i also don't think we'll lose 2 in a row

rest of the league:

-it brought me nothing but great pleasure to see romo and the cowboys blow it. it was funny to see jim schwartz and dez bryant interact with each other on that one big pass play that was challenged and reversed. i don't even have to say anything about calvin and his tds...including that one where he was triple covered.
-eagles were a few inches away from winning even after sucking it up. djack's long bomb where he was barely tackled by his shoestrings after catching it and that fumble right by the sideline that could have easily gone out of bounds that pretty much ended the game.
-i think it's pretty funny the ******** have the division lead. i'm getting tired of listening to all their fans get hyped though.
-really wish the seahawks would have made that 61 yd fg to beat the falcons.
-i really hate the ravens...i wish mark sanchez didn't such so much.

How can anyone put the Eagles Redzone issues on Vick

Exactly.  The Eagles problems in the redzone have more to do with Andy Reid's inability to call the proper plays.  Last week was a prime example of that, you do a QB sneak 2 times in a row on the goal line for a quarterback that got a concussion last week.  What kind of playcalling is that??

Giants
Hate that our offense can't get started until halfway into the second quarter usually

Great to have Osi back, two sacks and a forced fumble

O line is still not as strong as we need it to be, not running the ball well.

Cruz CLEARLY gave himself up and Nicks is a BEAST! 

Eli has two straight games without an INT

NFL

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB I've seen since Peyton in his early years.

Dallas....don't know what to even say. 

Jets are weak, once Dallas came out on them I knew they were in trouble.

BEEN SAYING MARK SANCHEZ IS A BUM, GIVE UP ON HIM. HE'S A COLLEGE QB, NOT NFL

Ravens look good, that defense is solid and Ray Rice/Ricky Williams is a solid 1 2

Stunned the Bills lost a game that way

EAGLES ARE OVERRATED, BEEN SAYING THAT SINCE THEY GOT ALL THESE PLAYERS. Poor O line, D has MAD holes. WEAK

******** are still bums

Steekers are old and not gonna go far in the playoffs

49ers aren't too bad

Falcons won't make the playoffs this year

Cam Newton is doing WAAAY better than I expected 

Bronces it's time to give Brady Quinn a shot and cut Tebow

- Cam Newton resurrected Steve Smith's career
- Mark Sanchez/Tony Romo, awful decision makers
- Bills fall back to reality
- Pats bounce back
- Packers continue rolling
- Great comeback for the Lions
- NFC East standing is the complete opposite of how I had imagined it would be
- Both 4-0 teams in the NFC North
- Steelers look like they are on their way out, but who knows, they always seem to get back on track in the 2nd half of the season
- Ronnie Brown, lulz

Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the game right now.

Yesterday - 29/38 408 yards, 4 passing TD's, 2 rushing TD's, QB rating of 134.5

Season - 73% completion, 12 TD's, 2 INT's (1 bad read on Urlacher and 2nd was WR butterfingers word to 2010 Eli), 2 rushing TD's and QB rating 124.6

Hes been improving more and more every year, last year arguably was in MVP race (at least with those behind brady...) This year will be a Rodgers/Brady and possibly Brees race to the MVP.

He's by far the most accurate QB on the run, only Brees comes close and arguably the most accurate overall.  Escapes the pocket when it collapses better than anyone except MAYBE Romo and Vick but takes much less punishment than both.

Dude throws the ball on a rope from any position and makes plays you wouldnt see Brady dream of making every week.  And I'd love to see what it'd be like if the 2 of them switched pocket's that they throw from for a game...

Rodgers is now the best QB in the NFL.

34owxg6.gif

Ol "Chicago's got talent try out" lookin $!%...

1. Fitz
2. Dre
3. Welker
4. B Marsh
5. Jennings
6. Miles

Are better complete, all-around receivers than Megatron. There's not a single receiver on that list I would take over him in the red zone or when my team was down 40 and I needed to toss a prayer up. But let's not get carried away here. Stafford and Megatron are being severely hyped right now, Stafford moreso than CJ. Stafford is complete and utter garbage as a qb, which is still better than Tony Romo.

Honestly, if Sensabaugh doesn't get knocked out of the game, CJ doesn't win it for the Lions.

I get the Fitz/Dre argument....however, Marley, PLEASE explain how Austin, Jennings, Welker, and Marshall are better/more complete WRs than Dre....

Stupid. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

How can anyone put the Eagles Redzone issues on Vick

Exactly.  The Eagles problems in the redzone have more to do with Andy Reid's inability to call the proper plays.  Last week was a prime example of that, you do a QB sneak 2 times in a row on the goal line for a quarterback that got a concussion last week.  What kind of playcalling is that??

110% Andy Reid; did Vick audible into a pass/run option with Ronnie Brown?  I mean christ if you don't want to sneak Vick and get him hurt put Vince Young in on the 1; he's huge.
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
 Andy Reid

Back
Top Bottom