NFL Week 5 In Review....

S4L

Posting from my phone...-Cowboys will be back. Too early to count us out...-Packers=Vastly Overrated-Texans are frauds...-Chargers might be done.-Chiefs impressed me a little yesterday...Quotes will be back next week...

Texans man
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

-Until the Packers get a consistent running game going they are majorpretenders, not contenders.  Our offense is atrocious without aconsistent running game. 

-Clay Matthews had 3.5 sacksyesterday but only officially finished with 1.5.  One was negated on apenalty, the other was negated on an aborted play(ball snapped overMcnabb's head).  He is in beast mode.

-Cowboys vastly overrated and borderline fraudulent, one more week until full-fledged frauds.

-I hate the packers but I still can see them make a run.
- The cowboys and 49ers are done
- no team in the nfc is standing out the nfc is wide open
- todd collins
sick.gif

- texans are very over rated.
-the raiders can still win the afc west
-49ers should tank the season and get andrew luck.
-the vikings run begins tonight
pimp.gif

-Raiders, who knows...they still need to fix that defense, but they can maybe turn the corner. It could be them or the Chiefs for the AFC West this year.
-49ers are just a hot mess. They have enough talent to win that garbage conference, but they just can't close out games. 3 close losses to fairly good teams, there's no moral victories. A QB change could re-energize the team and maybe do something, but would Troy Smith, David Carr, or Nate Davis really be better than Alex Smith? I honestly don't think so. I still think they'll end up making a run later in the season, but hopefully it's enough to win the division, but right now it's extremely doubtful. No matter what happens, they absolutely have to address the QB position in the offseason and part ways with Smith and maybe Singletary.  
-Why the Packers didn't go after Marshawn Lynch makes no sense at all.

I'm suprised you didn't trademark this thread.
laugh.gif

My thoughts:

- I'm completely exasperated with this Cowboys team.
30t6p3b.gif

Thank God there is so much parity in the NFC (and the NFL in general). It'll be a longshot but this season may still be salvageable.

This is like a cult following. Once S4 makes the thread, the bullet-point posts start coming 
roll.gif

-Cowboys are frauds
-
laugh.gif
 @ the Romosexual comment in game thread

-
laugh.gif
 @ Romo

-Raiders superbowl was played yesterday 
pimp.gif

-Cincy 
laugh.gif

-Carson 
laugh.gif

-TO 
pimp.gif

- Getting done with bye week....Priceless 
pimp.gif

Giants surprised me yesterday, good road win. Just wish Hakeem Nicks didn't drop that would be TD.

SMH @ The Packers, that was your game.

- Packers did not look good out there yesterday, they need a running game desperately.

- Since Carson Palmer came back from injury in 08', he has a below .500 record (by 1-2 games I believe). At what point do you look at alternatives?

- 49ers just gave that game away, but that's what bad teams do.

- Talent alone does not win, hear that Dallas?

- Giants shut down the top ranked running game (25 yards yesterday) and are getting that pass rush going again, first time and D and O are worked well together during the same game (minus the turnovers). Special teams played well for the first time, keep it going G-Men.

- How is Brandon Lloyd first in receiving yards so far?
laugh.gif

- Since Mike Francessa said Osi is not that good anymore, he has 4 sacks and 2 forced fumbles in 2 games (6 sacks total). Good job giving up on a guy who was recovering from surgery last season.

- Landry with 52 tackles? He has come a long way since getting trucked by Jacobs.
laugh.gif

- I must've been the only one on here to pick the Cards over the Saints yesterday, won me $100 bucks
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

- Vikings with the upset tonight.

-How can anyone say that the Packers are vastly overrated? They have been decimated by injuries. If they are healthy, they might be undefeated.

-Reliant, that .01 loss hurts, but no sympathy from me. You are starting LaRod Stephens-Howling. You deserve it.
wink.gif

-WTH is going on in New Orleans? I know their record is still good, but they look like a completely different team than we are used to. No Reggie really hurt that much?

-Can someone please kidnap Alex Smith? And Mike Singletary? Please?

Texans spanked the Colts, Colts spanked the Giants, Giants spanked the Texans.  Parity at it's finest. 
laugh.gif

Alex Smith is a snowball, alright when things are going good, but when it's bad, it's BAD. 

Hakeem Nicks wants some of that top WR love.  Dude should/could have had 4 TD's yesterday. 

eek.gif
 at that catch by Hillis

You tellin me Carolina wasn't prepared for Matt Forte?  Come on.

laugh.gif
 at the play by that Falcons fat boy.  Great play by him.

How the hell did McNabb hold that ball in OT?  Dude got murked with the ball in one hand. 

San Diego must have picked up our special teams coordinator

laugh.gif
 Carson Palmer

What a catch by Austin

New Orleans got that Super Bowl hangover. 
sick.gif

But, how the hell Max Hall still alive after that goal line shot? 
sick.gif
sick.gif

2 more 400 yard passers, both with L's.  *trend*

Norv Turner = Unemployment line awaits

Lesean McCoy does what Brian Westbrook used to do for Philly.  Like this kids game.

McGahee, Gore, and Shockey the Canes to touch paint this week. 

I'm glad Pitt was off yesterday
Cincy just blows game after game, Carson Marvin and Brat are all on hot seats
Peyton moving towards MVP #5

- It's about time Raiders

- Chargers Special teams
roll.gif

- Zach Miller is best TE that nobody has heard of

- Raiders Offense actually looking like an NFL Offense

- Niners 0-5
laugh.gif

-Mike Singletary might kill Alex Smith before season is over
laugh.gif

- Lions
pimp.gif

- Cowboys lose
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

- Both West Divisions are still up for grabs

Eagles:
- our O-Line is an embarrassment to the sport of football, I'ma keep saying this *@#% every week until I see some changes.
indifferent.gif

- props to Kolb for not stinking it up and giving us a needed victory against my preseason winner of the NFC West the 49ers
indifferent.gif

- LeSean McCoy looks like Brian Westbrook on steroids
pimp.gif
. Runs great between the tackles, works the screen game but his only flaw is that DAMN FUMBLING
30t6p3b.gif

- we really need to figure out a way to get Desean Jackson the football, I don't understand why they haven't run ONE quick screen to him all year
indifferent.gif

- our pass defense (albeit a little banged up) is a joke. Why do they keep letting Stewart Bradley cover TE's he's way too slow for that, Nasty Nate Allen continues to play well though
pimp.gif

- the D-Line finally had a good game putting all kinds of pressure on Alex Smith
pimp.gif

Everyone else
- Just like Deion Sanders said on NFL Network "We need to quit making excuses and assuming the Dallas Cowboys are THAT good" GOOD teams do not make all those stupid mistakes and penalties. Don't blame it all on Wade cuz he's not the one out there getting burned by no name receivers and dropping passes. The players need to be held accountable for their dumb play, Romo sees it but does anyone else on the team speak up?
- the Titans have won 9 straight games against the NFC?
pimp.gif
I didn't know their D-Line was THAT good, they were harassing Romo all day. Their secondary is still a little suspect cuz Miles Austin roasted them pretty much but they made timely plays to win the game.
laugh.gif
at Dallas letting a white dude nearly run a kick back on them
- enough of this protecting the quarterback crap, CARSON PALMER is the reason why the Bengals are playing like crap this season. All of us on NT know it but the media wants to blame everyone else, NO ONE should have anything bad to say about TO he's been playing his butt off for a 37 year old but Ocho and Caldwell had costly dropped passes left and right
30t6p3b.gif

- it's starting to become foolish to discredit the ******** now, Landry is playing out of his mind at strong safety and Donovan McNabb is putting them in position to win games that they definitely would have lost last season. The +%*# is up with the Packers? Injuries galore but still Aaron Rodgers isn't lighting it up like I expected
30t6p3b.gif

- Why does it seem like everytime Tom Coughlin's seat gets hot the Giants start killing teams again?
laugh.gif

- Colts winning ugly once again this year, Chiefs played a great game on defense but Matt Cassel is a certified BUM they can't win with him
- Props to the Raiders nice win but Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates and Floyd RAPED yall. Nnamdi get off your high horse and CHECK THE NUMBER 1 WR please. How does Antonio Gates keep getting TD's every week?
- Good win for the Ravens didn't watch much of that game but Kyle Orton still flaming defenses up. Brandon Lloyd turning back the clock to that 1 good year he had with San Fran
- Speaking of San Fran, Alex Smith
30t6p3b.gif
I don't know where to begin with him so I won't even try. Singletary isn't a good head coach at all, Stank Gore had some bad fumbles and VD woke up too late. They gotta give Carr or Troy Smith a chance sooner or later,
laugh.gif
shoulda never let Shaun Hill go

If I was on my computer, I would make that Packers would be undefeated without injuries post the quote of the week...

Back
Top Bottom