NFL Week 8 In Review...

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by S4L, Oct 27, 2014.

1. S4L

S4L

Post your observations from Week 8...

-Chip is no genius. Having Foles throw 62 times is a recipe for disaster. Chip's reason for doing a shotgun draw on 3rd and inches? "It didn't work against Dallas last year..."

-Jordy Nelson with a Top 3 performance for sure last night.

-Panthers are so week to week with that offense and defense.

-Luck & Rodgers with 2 non-MVP type performances yesterday. That whole narrative that QBs can win or lose games by themselves is so overrated.

-Is Geno's career with the Jets over after this season?

-Brady looks like he's on a mission.

-Last wild card spot in the AFC and NFC will be a close race. Somebody with 10 or even 11 wins won't get in.

-Derek Carr? Nah

S4L's Top 5
    1. Broncos
    2. Cowboys
    3. Cardinals
    4. Patriots
    5. Lions

2. stillin729

stillin729

Chip is 5-2 no matter how you slice it

I notice you don't really say what you wanna say out of fear tonight might not go the way you want it to

Chip>Jason Garrett

3. dmxfury

dmxfury Moderator

No mention of a historic passing day? I mean not even a blurb? C'mon shoes!

4. S4L

S4L

Impressive. Would not expect a performance like that from Ben.

5. krazy88s

krazy88s

Ben God :pimp:

6. stillin729

stillin729

Ben was already getting in the Hall IMO but yesterday will be a day that is talked about when discussions and voting goes down

7. dmxfury

dmxfury Moderator

Considering he is the only QB to do it twice perhaps you should rethink that :lol:

(Ducks from incoming shots)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    jj watt likes this.
  8. buc em

buc em

The Bucs at 1-6 are two games back of first place in the NFC South. My god.

The whole team just looks like a complete disaster at this point though besides Mike Evans, McCoy and Lavonte.

It would be awesome if somebody gave us something of use for bum *** Doug Martin. Goldson and VJax can go too at this point. VJax looks more disinterested/washed every time I see him play. It's crazy cause just last year I was thinking with the shape he keeps himself in he wouldn't get like that til his mid-30's.

Pick up Charles Sims in your fantasy league.

9. extraordinary swag

extraordinary swag

this excuse really pissed me off, Foles is 6'6" scrap your fancy college formations and just go with what is proven to work in that situation

Eagles
    - Cary Williams and Nate Allen are the two worst starting defensive players in the entire NFL, no one can convince me otherwise

Everyone Else
    - I'd be thrilled if there were early games in London every Sunday. What a laughably entertaining game that was, Falcons reinvent ways to lose. It's nothing short of amazing that the Lions are 6-2 with all those injuries to major players, Falcons are a disgrace
    - hated that offensive PI call that took away Steve Smith's TD
    - Big Ben went off yesterday, Steelers are lowkey developing a nice stable of receivers after a few down years. Hope the Luck slurpage pipes down a bit
    - another year another midseason run by the Pats, they're gonna fall into the AFC title game yet again
    - Blake Bortles stinks
    - Geno and Vick, pick your poison. Both are plain awful, every time Vick even gets scratched he fumbles the ball :x
    - Saints with a big win yesterday, Aaron Rodgers did not look too good and was unsettled all game long. Brandin Cooks is scary fast :x

10. tripda6

tripda6

Falcons :lol:
    Wanna hear Matty Ices explanation for that ****** *** pick he threw. Not a single falcon was in the vicinity
    Golden Tate was a great pick up for Detroit
    Ravens gotta be regretting not taking that field goal, that opi on Smitty took their soul at the end.
    Flacco let it fly a few times yesterday.
    Ben :x :x :x
    There was minimal defense played in that game, Luck has to cut down on the mistakes.
    I wasn't shocked at all to see Cary Williams attempting to chase down John Brown... That dude is flapping asscheeks :lol:
    Saints coming back to life?

11. do work son

do work son

In the AFC it's between San Diego and the runner up in the north for the 2 spots, but the afc north as a whole is inconsistent.

In the NFC, the cardinals really could win the west, and the wildcard be the eagles and runner up in the north. A 10 win Seattle/San Fran could potentially miss out, but it's open as long as Carson Palmer is steering the ship.

Texans:
    -we've beat up on bad teams, and played good teams close.
    -Clowney wasn't overly impressive yesterday, still getting back in shape. Schematically I saw things with him and watt that will give teams trouble
    -2 sacks, a forced fumble, and another batted pass. DPOY

Ben absolutely picked apart the Colts. Luck had a terrible pick 6, but threw some gems in there.

Russell Wilson and Cam Newton looked so inept yesterday. Cams pocket presence was horrible. Taking two sacks on your last drive? Then they call a screen on 4th and 25, and Cam throws it in the dirt? Horrible coaching/quarterbacking

What the hell is going on in Seattle and why did I hear the Seahawks are going to be getting rid of beastmode soon?

12. tvobach

tvobach

Didn't think I'd be saying this all year but don't forget about KC....beat San Diego in San Diego two weeks ago, and San Diego's last five games are [​IMG]

13. tvobach

tvobach

Chiefs....

-Huge props to this coaching staff. Didn't see a playoff chase coming this year, at all.

-Davis and Charles...best RB combo in the league?

-Travis Kelce is going to be really good next year.

-Alex Smith, keep doing your thing.

Rest of NFL...

-Big Ben, where in the world did that come from? My goodness.

-The Cardinals might be the best team in the NFC. Yup.

-Old School Brees [​IMG]

-Seattle just isn't what they were last year.

-Geno/Vick [​IMG][​IMG]

-Gronk looking like 2011 Gronk

My top 5...

1. Denver

2. Arizona

3. Dallas

4. New England

5. Green Bay (I'll still take Rodgers and co. on a neutral field against almost everyone)

MVP Race...

1. Murray

2. Manning

*Big drop off*

Rivers/Brady/Watt

14. creamofdacrops

creamofdacrops

I said it from the jump: we should have drafted Bridgewater. Now we're probably going to be stuck with Foles 😑

15. deuce king

deuce king

-Ben was on fire yesterday and the Steelers appear to be back on track.  Beating up on the Texans the week prior will do that for just about any team.

-Now that Nick Foles is going up against better defenses this year (NFC West) we see just how mediocre he is.  Nothing wrong with that of course, but he was a bit over hyped based upon the results last year.

-The Falcons and their fans should just call it quits for the rest of the year.

-Ravens got robbed on that last play.

-Raiders still winless...............LOVE IT!!

-Johnny Manziel still on the bench, sounds good to me.

-It's the end of the line for Rex Ryan.
    Two of those wins were against the Diplomats and Titans, two of the worse teams the league has to offer besides your Texans, calm down..............and more importantly sit down.  

16. dmxfury

dmxfury Moderator

In all seriousness DC saiid it earlier. If Pitt loses to the Ravens all this momentum is lost. Next week is a big game for their season

17. puglife

puglife

Steelers D actually looked good. We got great pressure on Luck and gave him A LOT of good licks. I was impressed with how tough he is though. Cortez Allen played God-awful though and that's why Luck was able to keep moving the ball down the field. If he played a little better, then the game wouldn't even have been as close as it was.

We're a wildly inconsistent team so I don't want to get my hopes up, but if we beat the Ravens next Sunday night, we have a legitimate chance of being 8-3 going into our Bye Week.

Speaking of Sunday night...why would the NFL schedule the Saints to play a Sunday night game if they already have a short week by playing again Thursday night?

18. va757va

va757va

Cowboys
    Still first place :pimp:

NFL
    -Tom and gronk with that classic performance.
    -Big Ben was slinging that thing. Alot of pretty passes. First player ever to have two 500 yard games.
    -Jj watt still doing him. Foster is a beast still.
    -Eagles are unbalanced and it's gonna lose them games. I've been saying it.
    -Kelvin Benjamin with a could nice snags on some highly paid and highly respected DBs. Tough game to watch tho. Very sloppy on both ends.

Quote of the week:" simpletons said Houston wouldn't win more then 2 games. eyes.gif"

The same simpleton Texans fan started the season openly hoping to tank for mariotta.

19. stillin729

stillin729

c'mon man; the team is 5-2 not 2-5

let the season play out

20. ny mavurs

ny mavurs

-The Jets need to clean house

-Big Ben treated the Colts like a JV squad

-The Falcons can't win on the road. What made some of you think they'll win in London? :lol:

-The Bears are about to blow up

-The Cardinals are real

-Saints needed that desperate win

-That was a dumb call on Steve Smith at the end of the Ravens game :smh:

-Raiders can possibly finish with no wins

-JJ Watt