NFL Week 8 In Review...

If Scherff wasn't there at 5, Skins were gonna take Gurley.
I wanted to beat the Falcons last year for the playoff experience. But the only positive for the panthers missing the playoffs last season would've been getting the 7th pick. Even after the history of taking Deanglo and Stewart in the first round Gettlemen wanted Todd bad. Hopefully we can bring Todd home one day. But until then Rumble young man Rumble :nthat:

Wk 8 gifs
odbdancing.gif

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/alshon.gif?w=650[img]
[img]https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/smithcatch.gif?w=650
https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/shawnwilliams2.gif?w=650[/ig]
[img]https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/fleaflicker.gif?w=650
giantsint.gif

eli2.gif

Not concerned that we lost, but the way we lost. Packers should still be the favorites to come out of the NFC but this game exposed us of some legitimate concerns. Defensively I still don't completely trust this team but given how they've played all year long, carrying our offense to an extent, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on this one and chalk it up to just having a bad game away against Peyton Manning.

Offensively however, for some reason is the issue. Despite our 6-0 start they haven't looked the same all year. Lacy has been a non factor and our WR's big play making ability we're used to seeing hasn't been there. I don't think we've had one play yet where we've gotten behind the defense. While defenses have keyed in on Cobb and he's been contained all year long. To be fair Rodgers hasn't been able to get on the same page with Adams all year long due to injury who is a key piece in opening up the passing game. Not worried yet but our current flaws were made clear and adjustments need to be made. If not, Seahawks/Panthers/Cards are on our tail more than initially thought.

Denver's D though :x

Peyton a bigger threat than I'm sure we all thought. Could be more interesting than we thought if he's got home advantage. His arm didn't look dead elevated at home.

i was shocked at the lack of adjustments made by the Packers last night

im liking what im seeing from the Vikings and Bridgewater

dont know what Ben was thinking at the end of that game -- one atrocious interception , and throwing the ball out of the endzone on the last play . give your receivers a chance there ...

Chandler Jones is leading the league in sacks . unreal . i cant wait to see what the front 7 is looking like once Sheard returns :wow:

was that Saints vs Giants or TCU vs Baylor yesterday ? no defense whatsoever

... so do people still think Romo is awful ? the team cant win without him

Lions annoy me . dont understand how theyve gone from 10-6 to 1-7 with arguably more offensive talent than LY

Reggie Bush -- first ballot "all glass" HOFer

Falcons :smh:

roll.gif

Not surprising though,dude is a known Pats hater
laugh.gif
. There were a few other wild predictions now looking back,mostly about the Colts
laugh.gif
@VA757VA  is good in my book, even though we're on opposite ends. 

Oh there was PLENTY of **** thrown around this offseason, predictions included. 

The Pats related stuff is easy and gets sort of repetitive. The full scope around the league is probably more fun to look back on. 
nerd.gif

Forgot to do my weekly #GronkWatch:

12th in receiving yards @ 646, Tied for 1st in the league with 7 TDs (OBJ and Larry Fitz), only Allen Robinson has more plays of 20+ yards

GOAT.

#JimmyWatch:
450 yards, 2 TDs

Forgot to do my weekly #GronkWatch:

12th in receiving yards @ 646, Tied for 1st in the league with 7 TDs (OBJ and Larry Fitz), only Allen Robinson has more plays of 20+ yards

GOAT.

#JimmyWatch:
450 yards, 2 TDs

Jimmy is better than Gronk though

Yeah, Jimmy stuck with Russ tho, not really the same thing, obviously.

Jimmy would be putting up the same numbers Gronk does with Brady and Bill.

The Pats related stuff is easy and gets sort of repetitive. The full scope around the league is probably more fun to look back on. 
nerd.gif
Just scrolled through the predictions, thread.  A lot of people were VERY high on Indianapolis.  A couple "Dolphins winning the East" posts 
laugh.gif

- Out of the 7 teams that top the NFL in turnovers, only 2 of them have winning records.  The Arizona Cardinals and the Atlanta Falcons 
nerd.gif

- Saints/Giants game was Arena Football League status.  Pretty hard to watch, honestly.

- Ravens with their 8th straight game decided in the last 2 minutes.  Far from a 2-6 football team.  Will be interesting to see how they play the rest of the season.

- Nick Foles has only passed for over 200 yards once this year.

- The Raiders haven't had a winning record this deep into the season since 2011.  Nice to see them coming around.

- The NFC East is bad.  Still not as bad as the AFC South, though 
happy.gif

maybe, but he'd play less snaps because he can't block as well as gronk

Just have to throw in Luck and this is the ultimate CP Statement.

Wild Hypotheticals 
pimp.gif

Gronk's definitely superior to Jimmy come on now.

Maybe, or maybe Bill would find other ways to use him outside of bein an inline blocker. Line him up in the backfield, split out wide, slot, motion etc.

Like the way he would use that mass murderer back in the day.

Post your observations from Week 8...

-Media doing what the media does to Dez.

Dez did that to himself, how you gonna have a guy lay there motionless and you decide its time to talk so ****

Sherman has made some great plays these last few weeks but feel free to remove Sherman's Richard out of your mouth my G.

AJ Green - Great WR but that was an awful game by both teams. Dalton was in playoff form and was garbage. AJ had no shot at doing anything that day.

Torrey Smith - I haven't even seen his season stats but I'm guessing every team he's faced this year, he's had every CB looking like a lockdown CB. That offense can't do **** right.

Dez - Top 3 when healthy, first game back. Rusty and out of shape. Sherman was a great matchup because they're both tall. Let's not forget bum *** cut by the Bills Matt Cassell was throwing to him.

The irony :rofl:
The media isnt talking about Sherman because hes not top 5. There are WAY better corners this year than him.

Please name them :nerd:

I think Jimmy's gonna break out in a big way down the stretch after the slow start.  You're never going to have flashy pass catching numbers on the Seahawks but he was getting key balls all over the place last week.  Chemistry finally clicking.

I think Jimmy's gonna break out in a big way down the stretch after the slow start.  You're never going to have flashy pass catching numbers on the Seahawks but he was getting key balls all over the place last week.  Chemistry finally clicking.

Yup russ starting to trust him more and throw it to him with coverage

I hope so. Fit wise, he and Russ should get along famously.

If you put jimmy and gronk on same Pats team. gronk would keep his role and Jimmy would be Aaron Hernandez. That's my way of saying Gronk is slightly better it Jimmy would do Numbers!

Maybe, or maybe Bill would find other ways to use him outside of bein an inline blocker. Line him up in the backfield, split out wide, slot, motion etc.

Like the way he would use that mass murderer back in the day.

And he already does all those things with gronk, including being an inline blocker. Therefore Gronk can do more things than Graham. Gronk > Graham.

It's okay to be 2nd best, especially when 1st is the GOAT.

Back
Top Bottom