NFL Week In Review SB Wrap Up

Blackout gave the 49ers about an hour of time to make adjustments whereas the ravens were just kind of waiting.

With the super bowl on the line, you run a fade? One of the statistically least successful plays in the NFL.

Congrats to both teams. Happy that anquan boldin got a ring :pimp:

-MMG was right, that blackout DEF swung the MO... 

-refs let them play all night, add to that, crabtree got to handchecking FIRST, good no call in my opinion... they called the game even all night..

-the moment looked too big for kap at times...he looked timid...i recall a redzone play during the comeback where he rolled to the right, he had crabtree open and THE MOST OPEN RUNNING LANE EVER, and he didnt hit either...def plays he usually makes...

-anquan boldin is a man...and flacco throws down the seam so beautifully...gorgeous play execution from both him and quan all night...

Last edited:
9ers=Fraud Status.

Ray Lewis got all the attention leading up to the game and Manti Teo'd his way through the entire superbowl.

Jim harbaugh is a lame.

Culliver got raped all game.

Flacco stole that MVP. Still not elite.

MMG still hasn't gotten over Chester hurting his feelings
you become frauds when you lose in the super bowl?

Overall probably the best Superbowl of all-time
roll.gif

Thoughtnthe Ravens secondary outside of Pollard played well. Props to Jacoby Jones as well.

When you allow yourself to be down 28-6, the loss is on YOU. You PUT YOURSELVES IN THAT POSITION. The lesson to be taken from this is, don't put the game in the ref's hands.

When you allow yourself to be down 28-6, the loss is on YOU. You PUT YOURSELVES IN THAT POSITION. The lesson to be taken from this is, don't put the game in the ref's hands.

This.

Don't ever let the game come down to someone else's decisions because your not going to like the outcome.

That was a great no call at that last play.

Both started contact and crabby wasn't catching that ball. Sorry. Deal with it.

And Jim crying all over the game and had the rest of his team crying about the no call? Instead trying to get bailed out how about you call some proper plays inside the 5.

Gore was killing it that 4th and you pull him.

Then you ask your 2nd year QB to throw a fade ?

And them throw a tantrum asking for a call.

Nice to see Ray go out a champ but damn he played like he was already retired in that SB game

Last edited:
Flacco baby! Proved me wrong wrong wrong. :lol: It's cool though. I'll take the L on that one. Very impressed with his playoff run. Didn't think he had it in him.

Glad Boger's crew let them play. I was very worried, given his track record, that this would be a poorly officiated game. They may or may not have called certain penalties, but it was consistent and the outcome of the game came down to the players.

There should be no excuses around here, man. Ravens just outplayed SF in that first half so much so that even with a great comeback effort by SF, it wasn't enough. The blackout should be a moot moment and shouldn't be an area of focus. Neither that last Kaepernick pass. They were letting them WR's and CB's battle all night on the outside other than the obvious PI, which I don't think was the case with that last one.

Great season for both teams. Their QB's blemished my pristine quarterback predictions. :lol:

Big fans of Crabtree and Delanie. Love the way they play. Lastly....Ed Reed. :pimp: Retire my man.

Would love to see Ed Reed retire man. :pimp: ... No better way to go out. AND you got a key interception in the second half of a Super Bowl? Hang them up, HOFer. :nthat:

My biggest gripe with the replacement refs were the things they called, not the things they didn't. Yeah, they whiffed on a lot of obvious ones, but the phantom PIs and clippings that you would just look at your friends and be like, "What the HELL was he seeing there?!" were unbelievable.

So that brings me to last night. The non-calls on that last drive, while controversial, sorta brought the season to a bow. The beginning of the season marked my so many phantom calls, and the last game of the season, LAST DRIVE even, presented some non-calls that just let the players play man. And as fans, that's all we can really ask for.

all i wanted was a close game and not a blowout. the first half was just a blur, then Beyonce showed herself. :evil:
the power outage did nothing but provide extra time for tequila shots at our party... :lol:

GSBOAT? nah man. :lol:

definitely entertaining and i was good with the winner regardless of who it was.

- Randy... c'mon dude. it's the Damn SB. at least give 35%
- Ngata going down was REAL major
- i would've preferred Vernon on that last fade

*friend of mine told me his coworker dropped $5K on Ravens prior to the playoffs to win the SB.
dawg... 40 to 1.
:smh: :wow: :x :stoneface:

I agree.
Unless he literally grabs his arms and throws him down, you gotta let the players play there man.

It's the Super Bowl.
You can't decide the game with a flag on a minor jersey grab. It was an in catchable throw anyways.

I still can't believe they DIdnt run it once...I had money on Baltimore but I couldn't understand why Gore DIdnt get a touch at the 5 yard line.
Mind blowing, i was mentally preparing myself for the L...but hey ill take it.

Last edited:
Overall probably the best Superbowl of all-time, even though it feels bad man
Probably not, but I would not hesitate to call this the most ridiculous Super Bowl ever, what with the near-brawls and Flacco's ******** offense in the first half, the 108 yard kickoff return TD to open the third, the POWER OUTAGE, Kaepernick's miraculous near-comeback, the controversial no-call, and to top it off, a safety being the final points scored to the delight of prop bettors everywhere.

When it was 4th & Goal... aka 4th & 5... I couldn't shake the feeling like we were going to see a flashback to this.

think i agree...

steelers cardinals was a good game..

rams vs titans was a good one..

broncos packers as well..

i thnk during my lifetime , those were my fav bowls...

1. Rams Titans
2. Giants Pats I
3. Steelers Cards

All amazing

Pats-Giants #1 is my favorite SB I saw live.
think i agree...

steelers cardinals was a good game..

rams vs titans was a good one..

broncos packers as well..

i thnk during my lifetime , those were my fav bowls...

As much I loved watching the Giants win I still think the Steeler vs Cardinals SB was better. Fitz burning the Steelers for that TD then that catch by Santonio. That was a ridiculous ending.

Momentum exists. People just have a problem with hearing cliches over and over and start training themselves to believe the opposite to be true or to not want to believe such a thing is present. To what degree this will impact a game or a team...That is impossible to know, but it's an element of competition that makes sports so wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom