NFL Week in Review - Week 17 - Black Monday Edition

DeadsetAce

Supporter
Post your thoughts, observations, and typical trash *** takes from the final regular season week of games....

- Mike Tomlin is just an upper middle class version Marvin Lewis
- The Eagles clearly used the #2 overall pick on a non-essential player
- Jason Garrett a god damn fool
- Bill Belichick also a god damn fool (but a lucky one)
- Brady spreading the ball around is a beatiful thing
- Froggy with #50 and 5K+...give him the damn MVP yesterday
- Who da **** is Kyle Allen :nerd:
- Who da **** is Blake Jarwin :nerd:
- Baker didn't finish but that's a helluva effort on the road against a team that NEEDED to win...Browns picked the right one
- Miami needs to start from complete scratch...GM, HC, QB, etc etc
- Will the Giants finally dump Eli?
- Top 2 Larry Fitz forever a legend
- Sad to see Bowels out as HC for the Jete...liked him a lot there
- Rookie QBs after year one: Baker > Sam > Lamar > Rosen, Allen

Stats and Tidbits of the Week:
- The six highest paid QBs this past year all missed the playoffs and combined for 31 wins. Fraud, Ryan, Cousins, Jimmy, Stafford, and Carr
- Since 2016, Dak Prescott leads the league in game winning drives
- Baker Mayfield now holds the record for TD passes by a rookie (27)
- George Kittle broke the single season receiving yards record for a TE on Sunday minutes after Travis Kelce eclipsed the previous record held by Gronk
- Larry Fitzgerald joined Jerry Rice and Tony Gonzalez as the only players with 1,300 receptions in NFL history and did so in less games than both of them
- In 2018, Aaron Fraudgers became the highest paid player in NFL history. In 2018, Aaron Frauders also tied his fewest wins (6) and had his fewest TD passes (25) in any season where he played 10+ games.
- For the first time since 1970, two QBs caught a TD in the same week, Matt Ryan and Ryan Tannehill
- Rookies in NFL History to eclipse 2,000 yards from scrimmage: Eric Dickerson, Edgerrin James, and Saquon Barkley
- The Patriots have scored 400+ points in 12 straight seasons, extending their all-time NFL record.

2018 Lifetime Achievement Award:
- I want to take a moment and congratulate Aaron Fraudgers on climbing to 85th all time on the 4th quarter comebyke list this season. He sits tied with other legendary QBs of all time such as Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Bernie Kosar, and a few other bums. Absolutely remarkable.

Other Awards:
MVP - Froggy
OPOY - Gurley
DPOY - Mack
COY - Nagy
OROY - Baker
DROY - Leonard
LVP - Kirk Cousins

hope everyone has a happy new years and celebrates safe tonight. don't drive drunk. be safe :pimp:

- Who tf does Kirk Cousins think he is trying to tell a player who has experienced playoff atmosphere how to do his job?

- Drew Luck is heating tf up. Want the Colts and the Ravens to meet just for constant zoom ins on RG3 on the bench

-Nick Foles’ bruised ribs will be an issue

- The Aints are in trouble

- Congrats on the Super Bowl win Chicago. I’ll officially see you win at all 4(?) major sports like Boston

77C991A1-72F5-4FBB-A652-8AF36E2BADEA.gif

Rayne Dakota balled yesterday, best game he’s played but it was against a terrible defense.

Kirk, hahahahaha. What a pile of ****. You’re at home, gotta win this game. Bears don’t have all their players and they’re not as motivated to win. Kirk is trash, huge mistake. You paid him to win in the playoffs, not to hit Thielen 9 games in a row for 100 yards. Mr regular season numbers QB deserves to get killed for his performance.

Steelers are trash and Juju is a dork, can’t stand that ****in doofus. How long until AB asks to get traded?

Cards and Broncos firing their coach this early is such a joke. Especially the Cardinals, one and done is wild. Coaches should be getting 4, maybe 3 if it’s real bad. This **** takes time, can’t just fire them off a few mistakes.

Can anyone post Sam Darnold’s stats from yesterday against an awful defense?????

Kirk, hahahahaha. What a pile of ****. You’re at home, gotta win this game. Bears don’t have all their players and they’re not as motivated to win. Kirk is trash, huge mistake. You paid him to win in the playoffs, not to hit Thielen 9 games in a row for 100 yards. Mr regular season numbers QB deserves to get killed for his performance.

df84c6200a58944b98ae17bc4caaabaf.gif

Eagles
- thanks for the gift washington franchise, yall didn't even try.
- thanks Bears, should be a good matchup next week. We ain't scared

Rest of the NFL
- 50 TD's and 5K yards in year one is really ridiculous. Give that man the trophy now
- I'll forever hate the Cowboys but Dakota is clutch, can't deny it. See it if translates in the 'offs
- nothing like playing the Jets to give the Pats momentum heading into the playoffs again. I'd be scared if i'm any team besides the Ravens
- Kirk Cousins was the missing piece they said, stout defense they said, ton of weapons they said.....disappointment .....AGAIN
- Ravens got like 4 guys who can get 10 yards a clip, that keep away offense just might get them to the bowl
- hate his corny *** antics but Baker Mayfield is a baller, I really wanted them to win just for comedic purposes but they came up short. Still a successful season though given their history
- thank God the Titans aren't in the playoffs, wanted zero parts of watching that mess again. Gonna be interesting to see what happens to Mariota after this

Panthers:
2 Panthers backup quarterbacks got injured in a span of 4 quarters behind what honestly might be one of the best performing O-lines Cam has played behind his whole career.
Did we really win a glorified preseason game and drop 8 spots in the draft?
Rivera’s job is secured for next season so garunteed 10+ win season and a new contract for 6 more years of mediocrity

Rest of the league:
Dak has the most game winning drives since 2916 one 5 yard pass at a time. Is dak just black Tom Brady?
What’s stopping an eagles chiefs Super Bowl?
Lamar Jackson proving the naysayers wrong
Kirk Cousins first team all ski-mask
Will gruden last 10 years?
Anybody heard any zest talk lately from Jalen Ramsey?

had to listen all year as eagles fans complained, *****ed, and moaned about refs, injuries, and everything else under the sun. big **** nick comes in and the team makes the playoffs. sucks that they wasted their #2 pick on the white markelle fultz but it is what it is.

had to listen all year as eagles fans complained, *****ed, and moaned about refs, injuries, and everything else under the sun. big **** nick comes in and the team makes the playoffs. sucks that they wasted their #2 pick on the white markelle fultz but it is what it is.

I could have played QB yesterday and we'd still probably beat the skins :lol:

Dak is the most perplexing QB I've ever seen ... He throws so accurately like 50% of the time ...
It's mind blowing how bad he looks at times.

He does feel like a guy that could be great with a more imaginative offensive staff. Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan are just so linear, and I think it hampers Dak. He's just never going to really fit the box they seem to want him in.

NFL
-Jason Garrett committed legal negligence yesterday and not **** is going to happen
-seahawks barely squeaked by an awful, awful cardinals team and lost to the 49ers a couple weeks ago. Good luck in the playoffs
-49ers, Jets, Packers, raiders, jags all are ****ing terrible
-I CANNOT BELIEVE IT TOOK THIS LONG TO FIRE GASE AND LEWIS

Quotes of the week

change the name Snyder change the name Snyder , I went through like 40 pages of reactions to the vikings signing Kirk. Most people thought it was going to backfire so most of this **** is pretty tame

That being said, here are some of my favorites:

I was definitely pro-cousins. I owe IATT IATT an apology, I was horribly wrong about the cousins experiment and spent 10 pages being a ****ing jackass. Sorry sir

20181230_230054.jpg

20181230_230040.jpg

@macbk was ready to quit his jete fan hood after the jets struck out on cousins and Arob

20181230_230012.jpg

@Bantz Lord T threw some money down on the vikes to win it all. RIP Wallet

Screenshot_20181230-215337_Chrome.jpg

"Hot Takes"

20181230_230310.jpg

20181230_230236.jpg

20181230_230117.jpg

20181230_230153.jpg

This thread sucks.

And for my favorite quote from the grave

20181230_225944.jpg

Last edited:
My Falcons stunk up the joint. Yeah injuries but idc offense fell flat in too many games, along with losing 4 games on final plays :smh:

So much for playing at home for the SuperBowl :frown:

I got this right though :smile:

Screenshot_20181227-104336_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom