NFL Week in Review - Week 17 - Black Monday Edition

@buddhachris assume this is what you are looking for

20181230_225930.jpg
20181230_225904.jpg
20181230_225849.jpg

All these Carson Wentz takes in here are hilarious. Obviously he didn't play well much of this season. Its his third freaking season.... just last year he was literally gonna win ****ing MVP before tearing his ACL. This season he was coming off that injury and was playing with a broken back as well for half the season. If you want to question his ability to stay healthy, sure go right on ahead because its something that is a concern and he is going to have to prove. But to act like he is some sort of bust 3 seasons into his career where he has shown tantalizing potential is just pure lunacy. Just because Nick Foles has flourished it doesn't mean Carson is bad. This "tear down one guy to build up another" thing is just dumb.

:lol: People ***** about Jason Garrett playing starters yesterday are probably the same guys that *****ed and laughed at him sitting them in years past when the Cowboys played flat in their playoff game because he "killed their momentum"

Bears, Seahawks, Pats, Texans, Chargers, Rams with the exception of Gurley all played starters yesterday

:lol: People ***** about Jason Garrett playing starters yesterday are probably the same guys that *****ed and laughed at him sitting them in years past when the Cowboys played flat in their playoff game because he "killed their momentum"

Bears, Seahawks, Pats, Texans, Chargers, Rams with the exception of Gurley all played starters yesterday

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but all those teams had something to play for. Pats and Texans were playing for a first round bye, same with rams and chargers. Dallas' playoff picture was locked up before the game started then Vander Esch went down and dude still keep the starters in.

Bears, Seahawks, Pats, Texans, Rams with the exception of Gurley all played starters yesterday

To be fair though, literally every single one of those teams aside from maybe the Seahawks had some sort of seeding implications yesterday. Cowboys were locked into the fourth seed, theres a difference.

Reactions: HIM
All these Carson Wentz takes in here are hilarious. Obviously he didn't play well much of this season. Its his third freaking season.... just last year he was literally gonna win ****ing MVP before tearing his ACL. This season he was coming off that injury and was playing with a broken back as well for half the season. If you want to question his ability to stay healthy, sure go right on ahead because its something that is a concern and he is going to have to prove. But to act like he is some sort of bust 3 seasons into his career where he has shown tantalizing potential is just pure lunacy. Just because Nick Foles has flourished it doesn't mean Carson is bad. This "tear down one guy to build up another" thing is just dumb.

C'mon, man. We heard this all from the last Eagles fan, then the Eagle fan before that. We get it. Your best advocate will be time.

I think most did just start out trolling anyway, but then the same thing is happening again with Wentz going down and Foles coming in and winning when it matters.

There are a **** ton of folks in the world that prefer just to pile on an opinion without realizing how bias or hypocritical they are. Everyone ****s on Garrett, so I'm gonna do the same because I can be in on the joke type stuff...

Coaches like Marty Schottenheimer used to get killed for resting his players while a team like the Patriots would always play their guys. That opinion changes when it's someone like Jason Garrett making the decision.

And I always go back to 2007 as the perfect example of why I'm a proponent of playing in week 17. The Giants played the Patriots and neither team had anything to play for. Both had clinched and both were locked into their seed. They both played their starters and it was a really good game. The Giants played the Patriots down to the the wire in a loss and I believe it was that game that propelled their run. They knew they could compete, even though they were entering as a wild card. Lo and behold a few weeks later the beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, ending the perfect season.

I don't expect that result with the Cowboys, but good on Garrett for playing most his guys and getting a good, hard fought win. I won't knock it.

C'mon, man. We heard this all from the last Eagles fan, then the Eagle fan before that. We get it. Your best advocate will be time.

I think most did just start out trolling anyway, but then the same thing is happening again with Wentz going down and Foles coming in and winning when it matters.

My man... they were freaking 11-2 last season with Wentz and were gonna go into the playoffs with the number 1 seed on his back playing great ball. Who is anyone to say they weren't gonna have the same success with Wentz in the playoffs, he was doing it ALL SEASON. Nick didn't even play well in that first game against ATL in the playoffs last season. Your Vikings were going to get that work from the Eagles regardless of who the QB was in the NFCCG, they came into a hornets nest and Keenum wasn't ready. I have little doubt Wentz would've been in the SB last season also. Now would he have replicated Foles' performance against NE? I'd be foolish to say I can be sure that he would've because Foles played about as good as ANY QB can play. But who knows once he was in there.

Again, Foles is playing ridiculous football right now, setting franchise records and the highest rated QB in the league since he came in. Like I said in my previous post, maybe Foles is just pretty damn good? It's not like he hasn't impressed before, went 27TDs-2Ints under Chip Kelly, had a 7 TD game, played well against the Saints in the playoffs in 13 as well. Dude has some type of crazy magical presence about him. Why does it have to be one guy is good and the other sucks? Makes zero sense.

My man... they were freaking 11-2 last season with Wentz and were gonna go into the playoffs with the number 1 seed on his back playing great ball. Who is anyone to say they weren't gonna have the same success with Wentz in the playoffs, he was doing it ALL SEASON. Nick didn't even play well in that first game against ATL in the playoffs last season. Your Vikings were going to get that work from the Eagles regardless of who the QB was in the NFCCG, they came into a hornets nest and Keenum wasn't ready. I have little doubt Wentz would've been in the SB last season also. Now would he have replicated Foles' performance against NE? I'd be foolish to say I can be sure that he would've because Foles played about as good as ANY QB can play. But who knows once he was in there.

Again, Foles is playing ridiculous football right now, setting franchise records and the highest rated QB in the league since he came in. Like I said in my previous post, maybe Foles is just pretty damn good? It's not like he hasn't impressed before, went 27TDs-2Ints under Chip Kelly, had a 7 TD game, played well against the Saints in the playoffs in 13 as well. Dude has some type of crazy magical presence about him. Why does it have to be one guy is good and the other sucks? Makes zero sense.

I've been saying Wentz is the better option of the two long-term and been on him since NDSU and rode with Foles since years ago as well...I don't know why you're directing all this to me. I'm just telling you that you're saying the same thing every other Eagles fan has said and it's not going to stop the trolling. Sounds like you have a lot to get off your chest though.

To be fair though, literally every single one of those teams aside from maybe the Seahawks had some sort of seeding implications yesterday. Cowboys were locked into the fourth seed, theres a difference.
Either way, the Cowboys have done it the other way in the past under Garrett and Jason Garrett got **** on then, too.

People just look for a reason to jab at the Cowboys and Jason Garrett.

I've been saying Wentz is the better option of the two long-term and been on him since NDSU and rode with Foles since years ago as well...I don't know why you're directing all this to me. I'm just telling you that you're saying the same thing every other Eagles fan has said and it's not going to stop the trolling. Sounds like you have a lot to get off your chest though.

My fault, you right :lol: I been off NT for a little while so I just let it all out. I'm gonna let people get their jabs nothing I can do to change it lol.

I BROKE MY BACK!

SPINAL!

Either way, the Cowboys have done it the other way in the past under Garrett and Jason Garrett got **** on then, too.

People just look for a reason to jab at the Cowboys and Jason Garrett.

In all fairness to everyone else, 90% of the cowboy fans on here were calling for Garrett to get fired after week 6 so yall dont think he is a good coach either

Last edited:
What happened to all the excuses the Eagles had for losing? I was told it was impossible to win with all those injuries. What is the one thing that has changed??

People started getting healthy and some others started playing better

Like our secondary, for example

Avonte Maddox, a rookie, who has been huge for us.. was hurt and then has come back and has been huge for us at outside CB (he was playing safety before.. and slot CB all throughout training camp)

For the 1st time all year our other starting DT, Timmy jerningan, came back vs Texans

Our starting MIKE LB also came back vs Texans after being gone for a huge chunk of the season

Replacement guys have learned, like Leblanc being a good slot CB for us last couple games

At the moment, my biggest concern is the wealthy forecast for Sunday afternoon in Chicago....

never thought being 13-3 would feel this empty.

Not feeling confident. I wanted a rematch with the Bears but I think I let the nuts hang too much with that comment.

People started getting healthy and some others started playing better

Like our secondary, for example

Avonte Maddox, a rookie, who has been huge for us.. was hurt and then has come back and has been huge for us at outside CB (he was playing safety before.. and slot CB all throughout training camp)

For the 1st time all year our other starting DT, Timmy jerningan, came back vs Texans

Our starting MIKE LB also came back vs Texans after being gone for a huge chunk of the season

Replacement guys have learned, like Leblanc being a good slot CB for us last couple games

Shhhhhh, they don’t watch the games they think Foles is solely responsible because it fits their hot take narrative :lol:

Back
Top Bottom