Nice Places to sit down and eat in L.A.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

TACO BELL on magnolia and the 91 freeway in Fullerton

roll.gif

no but seriously Lawry's is great.

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

how much you want to spend and what kind of food?

but LA has better spots than newport/OC
gotta agree. I grew up in OC for the first 25 or so years of my life so it's still home to me. That being said, the food choices are 10xbetter up in LA. Honestly I don't even know where to go in OC to get a good gourmet meal, so I too would like some good suggestions.

My personal preferences.

In OC a decent spot that I enjoy on occassion is Dukes in HB. The food is decent, not stellar by any means, but I like the location, the wait staff is nice,not pretentious, and the Sunday brunch there is pretty fun.

LA my favorite joint is still Pizzeria Mozza. Kinda laid back casual dining but solid food all around. My local restaurant of choice is Nook Bistro in W. LA. Extra points because I can walk there. Food is always solid, and they make a tasty burger (I prefer it over the burger at Father's Office which somepeople may consider to be borderline blasphemous), the wait staff there is extremely nice and attentive, especially the host who looks like Matt "TheLaw" Lindland (I'm a big MMA fan but thats a different topic alltogether). Another place I like for brunch (haven't gone for dinner yet) isAnisette in Santa Monica. French Bistro fare, but again... overall solid food. If you dig the spanish tapas style, Bar Pinxto in Santa Monica is also good. I am a bit biased though cause I am a huge fan of cured meats, especially jamon serrano, and any place that has a huge hunk of jamon jus chillin on the countergets extra stars in my book. I would say that I am more familiar with restaurants on the westside because I am lazy and dont like to drive too far for myfood.

Some cheaper eats that I really like are dumplings out in Arcadia. There are two Din Tai Fung (chk spelling) Dumpling Houses pretty much next door to eachother in Arcadia. First time I went there I thought, whats all the hype about dumplings? but that stuff is addictive. They are soup dumplings (similar tolike a Joe's Shanghai in NYC if you ever been there) and are pretty damn tasty. I can easily take down 30-40 of them badboys without thinking twice.

Originally Posted by YoungSk8

Pink Taco In Century City Mall
pimp.gif

hahahaha sorry dude, i gotta disagree.

The food is VERY average and a bit on the pricey side. The whole vibe of the place is kinda like a Hooters meets Mexican retaurant, although some of theservers there are very sub par. But there are some hot ones too. Im particularly fond of one of the hostesses (not server) who I think is cute. I'll eatat Pink Taco about once a month cause I work in Century City and the mall is in walking distance from the office. Furthermore, Pink Taco seems to be the onlysitdown restaurant at the mall (or surrounding) where you dont have to wait much, if at all, for a table during the lunch rush during the weekdays. On my dimeI probably wouldn't go there, but since the boss is paying for the lunch meetings... I'm not THAT picky where I'm going to turn down a free meal.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by YoungSk8

Pink Taco In Century City Mall
pimp.gif

hahahaha sorry dude, i gotta disagree.

The food is VERY average and a bit on the pricey side. The whole vibe of the place is kinda like a Hooters meets Mexican retaurant, although some of the servers there are very sub par. But there are some hot ones too. Im particularly fond of one of the hostesses (not server) who I think is cute. I'll eat at Pink Taco about once a month cause I work in Century City and the mall is in walking distance from the office. Furthermore, Pink Taco seems to be the only sitdown restaurant at the mall (or surrounding) where you dont have to wait much, if at all, for a table during the lunch rush during the weekdays. On my dime I probably wouldn't go there, but since the boss is paying for the lunch meetings... I'm not THAT picky where I'm going to turn down a free meal.
i feel you bro but back to the hostesses
devil.gif
there is one liteskin with kinda long curly hair she is
pimp.gif
when i go i always getthey're watermelon based ribs. i love those joints.

Originally Posted by erweeezy

manna...koreon bbq buffet..you gotta cook it yourself tho
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
been here too many damn times. the food is honestly whatever but the price ishard to beat for all-you-can-eat and you can straight up act a damn fool in there with big groups. whenever I roll up there without any of my asian friendsthough they always try and get us to leave super quick
smh.gif

The Bazaar in the SLS Hotel down the street from the Beverly Center...on the pricy side but the food is AMAZING, layout is unique and its poppin every night

Back
Top Bottom