Nick Cannon goes White Face for an album...thoughts?

I don't know how people are getting upset at White-face now. What about Chappelle when he put on White-face as the new reporter. What about White Chicks? A whole 2 hour movie with the Wayans Bro's dressed and acted like white chicks?

I guess Twitter and social media didn't exist then for all these soft *** people to voice their dumb *** opinions.
This!!!

I see two white dudes, a black dude and two girls that look like they have some kind of Asian/Egyptian in them...

not sure what this dude is getting at

and Tom Cruise didn't play an Asian :lol:

I'm getting at the fact that the movie is called Gods of Egypt and all but one of the cast members is of European descent. Considering most people don't read a damn thing and actually are heavily influenced by media then yes i do have a problem with a movie claiming that one of the most powerful civilizations of all time was controlled by Europeans. Sorry for not wanting history to be rewritten everywhere.

I'm getting at the fact that the movie is called Gods of Egypt and all but one of the cast members is of European descent. Considering most people don't read a damn thing and actually are heavily influenced by media then yes i do have a problem with a movie claiming that one of the most powerful civilizations of all time was controlled by Europeans. Sorry for not wanting history to be rewritten everywhere.

but you brought up a black guy and said all white guys which was wrong...I think I see the real issue here :nerd:

it's a god damn $150 million dollar summer blockbuster; who cares...this isn't an Oscar piece

Last edited:
jazz.jpg

but you brought up a black guy and said all white guys which was wrong...I think I see the real issue here :nerd:

it's a god damn $150 million dollar summer blockbuster; who cares...this isn't an Oscar piece

Sure why not care that a movie that's going to be seen worldwide is completely factually incorrect and is going to have people thinking that Europeans were the gods of Egypt. No people not knowing the truth about history is great for us. :stoneface:

it doesn't seem like people are actually mad just confused?
There is no historical basis of white-face like there is black-face. So as a white person i find nothing offensive with this at all. But i just wonder why? Is this going to help him sell records? Is there a fan base out there that has been asking for a black guy to paint himself white and rap in a white alter ego?

Idk just seems odd from a career/professional stand point

Exploitation at it's finest.

I can already hear the racial justifications now, "Nick Cannon dressed up in whiteface, why can't i do blackface?"

tired.gif
mean.gif

I'm who make that call

So don't make me get the dialin' out

Nick got that Cannon,

Yeah that boy be Wild-N-Out

but you brought up a black guy and said all white guys which was wrong...I think I see the real issue here
nerd.gif

Sure why not care that a movie that's going to be seen worldwide is completely factually incorrect and is going to have people thinking that Europeans were the gods of Egypt. No people not knowing the truth about history is great for us.
indifferent.gif
no one is going to the movies to learn about history, b

are you serious right now?

Sure why not care that a movie that's going to be seen worldwide is completely factually incorrect and is going to have people thinking that Europeans were the gods of Egypt. No people not knowing the truth about history is great for us. :stoneface:

yeah because people are really going to see this for history and not blockbuster action :lol:

Last edited:
There is no historical basis of white-face like there is black-face. So as a white person i find nothing offensive with this at all. But i just wonder why? Is this going to help him sell records? Is there a fan base out there that has been asking for a black guy to paint himself white and rap in a white alter ego?

I agree with this, while I don't think white people should be offended I do find Nick Cannon's approach to be unimaginative and cheap. And I'm black fwitw.

but you brought up a black guy and said all white guys which was wrong...I think I see the real issue here
nerd.gif

Sure why not care that a movie that's going to be seen worldwide is completely factually incorrect and is going to have people thinking that Europeans were the gods of Egypt. No people not knowing the truth about history is great for us.
indifferent.gif
no one is going to the movies to learn about history, b

are you serious right now?

indifferent.gif
yeah because people are really going to see this for history and not blockbuster action
laugh.gif
You dudes can't be this oblivious to the point that he's making. 

yeah because people are really going to see this for history and not blockbuster action :lol:

So are you now telling me that media doesn't affect people idea on a subject they don't know?

If so could you please tell me why whenever someone of middle eastern descent in clothing worn in his initial birthplace, is oddly looked at as being "suspect".

Why many Naive people looked at hiphop, and thought every black man was some kind of gun slinging, uneducated thug.

Jordan Davis was shotdown because he was listening to music in his car and moving too much. do you think that older white man judgement wasn't swayed by the perception of young black males that the media pushes? Stop the *******.

Was thinking the same. People can rightfully clown on him rap wise, but from a business venture standpoint, I thought he'd be above something like that, even fit a comedian.

deuce king deuce king you'd be surprised :lol:

and as far as the initial topic at hand.. It isn't going to hurt him or his rep at all because quite frankly i don't think enough people are going to be bothered by this. People do racially insensitive things on both sides and i rarely see any longlasting consequences from it.

I meannnn Mel gibson prayed that his wife got raped by a pack of ******* and people praised him as jesus :rolleyes

So are you now telling me that media doesn't affect people idea on a subject they don't know?

If so could you please tell me why whenever someone of middle eastern descent in clothing worn in his initial birthplace, is oddly looked at as being "suspect".

Why many Naive people looked at hiphop, and thought every black man was some kind of gun slinging, uneducated thug.

Jordan Davis was shotdown because he was listening to music in his car and moving too much. do you think that older white man judgement wasn't swayed by the perception of young black males that the media pushes? Stop the *******.

the movie isn't even out until 2016 and it could be pinpoint accurate for all you know besides Gerard Butler playing the starring role; wasn't that your whole point?

So if you the movie is dead on but has Gerard Butler playing the role instead of an Egyptian decent actor with falsities through out the film then that is ok?

When the hell has Hollywood ever told the true story on anything?

“It's official... I'm White!!!” he posted on Instagram on Sunday under a photo of himself as Smallnut, whom he describes as the musician behind “White People Party Music.” “#WHITEPEOPLEPARTYMUSIC #Wppm in stores April 1st!!!!!!Dude Go Get It!!!Join The Party!!!! #GoodCredit #DogKissing #BeerPong #FarmersMarkets #FistPumping #CreamCheeseEating #RacialDraft "Bro I got drafted!!”

:x

His jokes are so bad. He tried so hard with them too. Mariah Carey wants to be black so bad that she was willing to marry any black guy :lol:

Her father is Hispanic, not black (before anyone tells me she's half black)

and as far as the initial topic at hand.. It isn't going to hurt him or his rep at all because quite frankly i don't think enough people are going to be bothered by this. People do racially insensitive things on both sides and i rarely see any longlasting consequences from it.

I meannnn Mel gibson prayed that his wife got raped by a pack of ******* and people praised him as jesus :rolleyes

Mel Gibson wasn't even in that movie though...

Jim Caviezel played Jesus homie

you are now just grasping at straws to turn this into your own agenda race thread

Last edited:
I think the bigger issue here is that Nick Cannon is dropping an album.  If no one buys the album, did the white face really happen?

Back
Top Bottom