Nick Cannon goes White Face for an album...thoughts?

yeah because people are really going to see this for history and not blockbuster action
laugh.gif
well ppl went out to see passion of Christ...and many are out to go see noah... and they think it is truth.. And many ppl didn't view see those movies as just a blockbuster movie...

well ppl went out to see passion of Christ...and many are out to go see noah... and they think it is truth.. And many ppl didn't view see those movies as just a blockbuster movie...

people went to see Passion of the Christ because of the controversy it caused and if you are going to a movie for a history lesson than you are doing it wrong.

If you want to go for a history lesson read the reviews first and determine if it's true to the story before attending; if not don't be lazy and open a book.

Last edited:

trying to remember a moment where nick cannon was funny
Drumline is a classic...
Only good acting role he ever had, but it wasn't a comedy
Nick cannon is doing it to reverse rustle jimmies.

He's a lot more aware and conscious than most people think.
He is but this still isn't a good move.

If you don't want white folk to do it then black folk shouldn't do it either.
SMH.  Not this rationale again.
Let a white person make fun of a black person and it's racism, let a black person make fun of a white person and it's comedy. One of the strongest double standards out there.

people went to see Passion of the Christ because of the controversy it caused and if you are going to a movie for a history lesson than you are doing it wrong.

If you want to go for a history lesson read the reviews first and determine if it's true to the story before attending; if not don't be lazy and open a book.
and passion of Christ was implemented into classrooms etc...used as teachings because of controversy to....? What about roots...? what about Cleopatra..? I could go on and on all these movies were or are used to teach... Hell 2pac music etc... is used in teaching.

No one is arguing the intent or why it was made...but that doesn't change how ppl take said material or how ppl view/interpret said material.

Do I believe movies etc... should be used as history/learning tools in most parts no... But there are ppl who see things like Lincoln, hell red tails etc... and see it as truth and while may not go to the movie on some im trying to educate myself, many do come out the theatre thinking they have been enlightened with more knowledge about said subject then going in.

I think part of the reason why this argument is lasting as long as it has is because the posters indifferent but accurate castings are arguing from their perspective instead of the average America whom isn't half as intelligent as they think.

It's the point dude has been trying to make. You may go read reviews and dig further to learn true history, but that's mean absolutely nothing in comparison to the average American whom believes half of what they see and everything they hear.

and passion of Christ was implemented into classrooms etc...used as teachings because of controversy to....? What about roots...? what about Cleopatra..? I could go on and on all these movies were or are used to teach... Hell 2pac music etc... is used in teaching.

No one is arguing the intent or why it was made...but that doesn't change how ppl take said material or how ppl view/interpret said material.

Do I believe movies etc... should be used as history/learning tools in most parts no... But there are ppl who see things like Lincoln, hell red tails etc... and see it as truth and while may not go to the movie on some im trying to educate myself, many do come out the theatre thinking they have been enlightened with more knowledge about said subject then going in.

the person who ran away, hid and repped this should come out of hiding but he talked himself into circles

Being shown in a classroom is the school's fault, Gibson has stated numerous times he never said any of the movie was historically accurate which says more about the school than the film.

There's nothing right with using inaccurate and over exaggerated stereotypes as a joke. ESPECIALLY if the **** ain't funny.

But I'm not surprised by this. Nick Cannon is as lame as it gets. He's the only guy to ruin a Slam Dunk Competition without actually competing. 

[/quote]

SMH.  Not this rationale again.

Nothing wrong with that rationale. Not that I care personally, but I have it when people cry racism then do racist ish themselves.

N E how Nick Cannon surprisingly looks better as a white man, he should just keep the costume on permanently.
Agreed there's an objective wrong in racism, we just accept it when the historically marginalized group does it. Which is bull IMO

Last edited:
I think part of the reason why this argument is lasting as long as it has is because the posters indifferent but accurate castings are arguing from their perspective instead of the average America whom isn't half as intelligent as they think.

It's the point dude has been trying to make. You may go read reviews and dig further to learn true history, but that's mean absolutely nothing in comparison to the average American whom believes half of what they see and everything they hear.

so the only solution is to stop Hollywood from making films; Hollywood is a business not an educational system. You can't control who chooses to learn what from a movie but Hollywood isn't going to stop making pictures for the purpose of making a profit.

Well its kinda hard to make a "white boy wasted" sequel if you aren't white I guess..

Maybe he's just trying to show that talent transcends racial boundaries.

Pause....

Not!

if John Mayer painted his face black and put out a mock R&B album is that offensive or non offensive?

its not like he is talented, so he has to do something like this to get people talking about him.

what if he's actually white, wearing black face and thats why he cant win over black people.

dude is the next wayne brady.

Back
Top Bottom