Nigeria bans gay marriage, gay meetings -- Does so secretly

Banning some **** that no one was trying to do in their country anyways. Diversion from some real issue that's probably happening.

As someone who grew up in Africa, they feel like black Americans squander the opportunities they have being born in the US and are lazy. Moving here at 12 I realized things aren't so simple.

I`m Liberian so the beef to American Blacks is deeper, on top of Africans thinking Black Americans are Lazy, lol Liberians were actually discriminated in their own land by Americo-Liberians.

map from the washington post which came out in december (after india criminalized homosexual activity). pretty eye-opening:

not sure it reflects all 18 american states that have legalized gay marriage either.
Oh look at that, The Islamic countries...

Hmm
 half of that map is christian countries though...  the largest/most populated country on that map, India, is 80% Hindu...

Last edited:

map from the washington post which came out in december (after india criminalized homosexual activity). pretty eye-opening:

not sure it reflects all 18 american states that have legalized gay marriage either.
Oh look at that, The Islamic countries...

Hmm
 half of that map is christian countries though...  the largest/most populated country on that map, India, is 80% Hindu...
Can we end this pissing contest and just admit that neither Christianity nor Islam have the best track records when it comes to the issue of homosexuality?

Can we end this pissing contest and just admit that neither Christianity nor Islam have the best track records when it comes to the issue of homosexuality?
That's cool, they're both jokes to me. It just so happens one religion/culture is way more extreme than the other.

Religion in general is ridiculous and it fuels this type of hate, I'm anti-religion on all counts but I really despise Islam the most. It's not doing any good.

From my experience.

That's cool, they're both jokes to me. It just so happens one religion/culture is way more extreme than the other.

Religion in general is ridiculous and it fuels this type of hate, I'm anti-religion on all counts but I really despise Islam the most. It's not doing any good.

From my experience.
Not gonna disagree with any of this.

Is there anything bad about segregating schools and not allowing black people the right to vote. Is there anything wrong with a ban on interracial marriages?
nerd.gif
And here we go...I knew exactly where you were headed with this last night. The civil rights movement and the gay rights movement don't compare at all so just quit while you're ahead
This is what homophobic minorities tell themselves to justify discrimination.

They do though.

Where can't gay ppl eat freely? Where are there gay ppl hanging from a ******g tree by the neck? Gay ppl gotta take literacy tests to vote? Are there cops killing anybody supporting the gay movement? Nah, they just can't get married everywhere and it's frowned upon. I won't be back in this thread, I see y'all dudes baiting me but it won't work. Be free and do you.

There were actual laws that said blacks were less than human (3/5s of a person). We suffered through segregation. We fought to level the playing field...Totally different than gay rights. There weren't any laws that denigrated them. They just felt left out versus black being oppressed. But that just my opinion....

Last edited:
So much truth,

I was there for christmas.

Ya'll talk about 1% in america, its basically your either royal blood or you're a slave.

and im sorry im nigerian, and I hear people talk of hope for africa, and the future of africa, this is the BEST of africa, I don't see a way out, I just see an endless cycle of perpetual poverty.
word, it's like that for a lot of countries all over the world too, India, Saudi...the list goes on, the people living in poverty ain't got no hope unless they leave the country....**** is depressing.
I`m Liberian so the beef to American Blacks is deeper, on top of Africans thinking Black Americans are Lazy, lol Liberians were actually discriminated in their own land by Americo-Liberians.
what's the beef between Liberians and American Blacks? I wanna learn more 
nerd.gif

and i have no idea why African Blacks hate American Blacks..........this ish is so stupid to me lmfao

They do though.
Where can't gay ppl eat freely? Where are there gay ppl hanging from a ******g tree by the neck? Gay ppl gotta take literacy tests to vote? Are there cops killing anybody supporting the gay movement? Nah, they just can't get married everywhere and it's frowned upon. I won't be back in this thread, I see y'all dudes baiting me but it won't work. Be free and do you.
Uhhh...Nigeria?

There were actual laws that said blacks were less than human (3/5s of a person). We suffered through segregation. We fought to level the playing field...Totally different than gay rights. There weren't any laws that denigrated them. They just felt left out versus black being oppressed. But that just my opinion....
It's more than just "feeling left out". 

They do though.
Uhhh...Nigeria?
*Posts in thread about people being arrested, beaten, tortured, and killed for being gay in Nigeria*

*Asks "Where can't gay ppl eat freely? Where are there gay ppl hanging from a ******g tree by the neck? Gay ppl gotta take literacy tests to vote? Are there cops killing anybody supporting the gay movement?"

#Scumbag@The 7th Mile
laugh.gif

Last edited:

There are laws that take away certain freedoms from gays as well. While they may not be as severe as the 3/5th Compromise, they still take away the constitutional freedoms of a large group of people. Gays legally cannot adopt children, get married, and LGBT-related hate crimes aren't recognized in 24 states. So there is a bit of oppression there, not just a simply "left out" feeling.

And a question; Why do you say "we" suffered through everything. Unless you were an adult in the Civil Rights Movement, I don't see how you were a part of the fight there. Not trying to start anything, it's just something I don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom