Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

This Nike Zoom Freak 1 Is Inspired by 'Coming to America'
Good morning, my neighbors!
BY MIKE DESTEFANO

Nike Air Zoom Freak 1

Image via @The_real_Jobby
Since debuting last month, Giannis Antetokounmpo's Nike Air Zoom Freak 1has been seen in a handful of colorways inspired by everything from his family to the Milwaukee Bucks. The latest colorway of the Greek Freak's debut signature to surface is inspired by one of his favorite movies, Coming to America.

The mesh upper is covered in leopard print to resemble the shawl worn by Eddie Murphy's character, Prince Akeem, in the 1988 comedy. Additional regal details include a metallic gold Swoosh, "Coming to America" written in gold lettering on a furry black tongue, and a translucent outsole with gold speckling.

An officially licensed collab with Paramount Pictures, the offering is completed with a special card bearing a photo of Antetokounmpo dressed like the prince of Zamunda, pink flower petals as a nod to the one's thrown at the feet of King Jaffe in the movie, and a metallic gold box with red branding.

Check out a first look at the Coming to America x Nike Air Zoom Freak 1 below. The pair is currently scheduled to arrive at select retailers like nike.com alongside a matching collection of apparel on August 2.

Last edited:

I hope he plays in them. I'm envisioning all kinds of dunk celebrations.

Dunks on somebody, puts his hands out and then hops on one leg like OOH! OOH! OOH!

Dunks on somebody, points his finger, shakes his head and says "AAHHH HAAAA"

Dunks on somebody, stamps his foot with his arms out - "SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!"

Yeah... these Giannis gonna be the best Nike basketball drop this year.
The Coming to America and Greece pairs gives me hope that the special pairs like Christmas / All-Star / BHM, etc are gonna be potentially fire. :nthat:
Xmas shoes are non existent to us normal folk lol

I hope he plays in them. I'm envisioning all kinds of dunk celebrations.

Dunks on somebody, puts his hands out and then hops on one leg like OOH! OOH! OOH!

Dunks on somebody, points his finger, shakes his head and says "AAHHH HAAAA"

Dunks on somebody, stamps his foot with his arms out - "SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!"

I believe the children are our future.

Hopefully they change the back of the jacket though:
"Engineered to the exact specifications of Prince Hakeem of Zamunda" shouldn't it be Akeem?...
FA19_BB_GiannisZF1_CQ6308-010_Jacket_Back_53410_square_1600.jpg

Reactions: LoX
i hope all these releases are GRs so we can feast.
I probably will try to buy most of them for retail, but no way im paying resell for these.They dont look that special imo.

Also im pretty confident he is gonna rock the Athens ones during the fiba basketball world cup in september.

Back
Top Bottom