NIKE ACG thread

2D9DB328-A1F0-49BF-B5A9-E366FB0888B9.jpeg

Hmm I still have 2 pairs of original ACG socks. Probably 25 years old now.

To anybody wondering about the sizing on Deschutz, I picked up a 12 and a 13 for comparison since I float between the two: 13 in most Nike models (SBs, Running, Basketball), 12.5 in Jordans, 12 in dress shoes.

Length - they're nearly identical front to back and wouldn't experience any toe overhang on either.

Width - The sole of the 12 almost feels like a 1 to 1 on my foot which is a bit too narrow and the 13 has a slightly wider base I'm more comfortable with. The top strap is where the biggest difference is. When tightened to my liking around the ankle, I had more velcro and strap available on the 13. With the 12, I had to loosen it a bit but there's no overhang. I guess for this, it may be more of an aesthetic choice.

13 on the left, 12 on the right.

IMG_5253 2.jpg

With socks, the 13 feels more comfortable whereas the 12 is kinda tight but more secure - especially in the heel. Without socks, the 12 feels great but in the 13, my foot moves around a bit. I'm still a bit undecided on which I prefer:lol:

IMG_5254.jpg

Last edited:
^^ I was in the same boat where I was right in the middle of a size but I went with the smaller size and fitment is perfect. I don’t wear socks with mine though. If so the toe strap can always be loosened, so it’s the best of both worlds imo

To anybody wondering about the sizing on Deschutz, I picked up a 12 and a 13 for comparison since I float between the two: 13 in most Nike models (SBs, Running, Basketball), 12.5 in Jordans, 12 in dress shoes.

Length - they're nearly identical front to back and wouldn't experience any toe overhang on either.

Width - The sole of the 12 almost feels like a 1 to 1 on my foot which is a bit too narrow and the 13 has a slightly wider base I'm more comfortable with. The top strap is where the biggest difference is. When tightened to my liking around the ankle, I had more velcro and strap available on the 13. With the 12, I had to loosen it a bit but there's no overhang. I guess for this, it may be more of an aesthetic choice.

IMG_5253 2.jpg

With socks, the 13 feels more comfortable whereas the 12 is kinda tight but more secure - especially in the heel. Without socks, the 12 feels great but in the 13, my foot moves around a bit. I'm still a bit undecided on which I prefer:lol:

IMG_5254.jpg

Nice review! Very helpful to those who aren't sure about their sizing!

IMG_5253 2.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

Great review - I’m a very similar size but with narrow feet, think I’ll grab the 12. Appreciate the insight.

Grabbed these yesterday, went down a size and they fit well.
574B2587-2634-48E6-8DCC-97344A99870B.jpeg

Anyone get the Karst backpack and NOT get chest strap like the official NDC photo.
Did I get a defect?? some sweatshop worker about to get this fade.

^^ I was in the same boat where I was right in the middle of a size but I went with the smaller size and fitment is perfect. I don’t wear socks with mine though. If so the toe strap can always be loosened, so it’s the best of both worlds imo

I'm an 11.5 and chose to cop an 11 over the 12...Kinda wish I went with the 12 but seeing that review up there makes me feel like I made the right choice haha.

However, my heel doesn't scoot back as much as it should with these....If it did, it would be a perfect fit...

Do any of you guys have that same issue? My heel is way too forward than it should be...

Olivia Kim jawnz? Was contemplating those before

yessir! underrated imo. Prices went down after some pairs hit the outlets. Still anyone looking to cop a pair is the best bet now before prices go up again go like $250-300

yessir! underrated imo. Prices went down after some pairs hit the outlets. Still anyone looking to cop a pair is the best bet now before prices go up again go like $250-300

The Olivia Squeaks? the Squeaky Kim’s? I had two pairs because I like them but they started squeaking so I went ahead and returned the other pair.

The Olivia Squeaks? the Squeaky Kim’s? I had two pairs because I like them but they started squeaking so I went ahead and returned the other pair.

Lmao, haven't had a chance to hear 'em squeak yet due to keeping 'em DS. Have had the original Tan mowabbs & the purple-brown suedes never had an issue with squeak. if these squeak i'll just stomp the soles on some baby powder. Ashy Larry.

Anyone know where an AO in blue void can be found for retail? Amazing that's the only one that sold out.

How do the Nasu compare? Looks like Nasu aren't zoom?

I would wear these like the Zaherra for hiking and never without socks so the drainage feature is not relevant.

I'm thinking the AO feel just as comfortable as the Zaherra with the zoom and react setup.

Thanks for any feedback!

Anyone know where an AO in blue void can be found for retail? Amazing that's the only one that sold out.

How do the Nasu compare? Looks like Nasu aren't zoom?

I would wear these like the Zaherra for hiking and never without socks so the drainage feature is not relevant.

I'm thinking the AO feel just as comfortable as the Zaherra with the zoom and react setup.

Thanks for any feedback!

They have some sizes here: Blue Void and Here

They have some sizes here: Blue Void and Here

Thanks! Concepts still has my size. Are these intended to be worn without socks? The description re. the drainage would seem to infer that, otherwise socks would be wet anywhere, or maybe just not sloshy? How are people liking the AOs? Compared to the Zaherra? Cheers.

Thanks! Concepts still has my size. Are these intended to be worn without socks? The description re. the drainage would seem to infer that, otherwise socks would be wet anywhere, or maybe just not sloshy? How are people liking the AOs? Compared to the Zaherra? Cheers.
In regard to socks. No. I went TTS and they fit great. The only problem was that in the back era of my Achilles it was rubbing something fierce so much that I had to switch from no show socks to mid calf so at least for me no way would I want to wear no socks with these. I asked the same question. In theory ‘drainage’ sounds cool but at the sacrifice of wet socks that was a deal breaker for me. I have the Terra Gobes, Zaherra’s and because of that was the reason why I ended up returning the AOs.

In regard to socks. No. I went TTS and they fit great. The only problem was that in the back era of my Achilles it was rubbing something fierce so much that I had to switch from no show socks to mid calf so at least for me no way would I want to wear no socks with these. I asked the same question. In theory ‘drainage’ sounds cool but at the sacrifice of wet socks that was a deal breaker for me. I have the Terra Gobes, Zaherra’s and because of that was the reason why I ended up returning the AOs.

Thanks! So you returned them bc there was no point given you have those other two? In terms of comfort, how do they compare to the Zaherras? I ordered the purple Zaharras from Europe b/c the green ones were so awesome on my Yellowstone camping trip and Nike took them down from the website (probably sent to the outlets). Maybe I don't need the AOs.

Only thing about the Zaherras is that I was right about the construction making them super hard to clean as dust/dirt gets in between the outlay layer and neoprene, and is especially hard to clean near the toe box. Also, the neoprene rubs on the the outer layer near the edges around the ankle and gets worn; no holes though.

Thanks! So you returned them bc there was no point given you have those other two? In terms of comfort, how do they compare to the Zaherras? I ordered the purple Zaharras from Europe b/c the green ones were so awesome on my Yellowstone camping trip and Nike took them down from the website (probably sent to the outlets). Maybe I don't need the AOs.

Only thing about the Zaherras is that I was right about the construction making them super hard to clean as dust/dirt gets in between the outlay layer and neoprene, and is especially hard to clean near the toe box. Also, the neoprene rubs on the the outer layer near the edges around the ankle and gets worn; no holes though.

The AOs were more of an impulse buy because I was interested in the 'draining' technology and they do look good on feet but yeah, the logical reason for returning them was with the TGs and Zaherras I knew I was never going to wear those AOs. Comfort wise, at least for me I would go with the Zaherras. You can't beat full length React with Zoom. Now, to be fair I really only wore the AOs once causally so my review of comfort is very limited but I didn't feel the instant step in comfort like I felt in the Zaherras.

I wore the Zaherras last week for a week straight on vacation. That included time in the gym (lifting), five days straight of Peleton riding and then a 2.68 mile hike with 1,524 ft of elevation gain. I came away very impressed with the shoe and it ability to work for any of the fore mentioned activities. My only complaint would be the 'lack' of what I would consider the ability to repel water.

A
The AOs were more of an impulse buy because I was interested in the 'draining' technology and they do look good on feet but yeah, the logical reason for returning them was with the TGs and Zaherras I knew I was never going to wear those AOs. Comfort wise, at least for me I would go with the Zaherras. You can't beat full length React with Zoom. Now, to be fair I really only wore the AOs once causally so my review of comfort is very limited but I didn't feel the instant step in comfort like I felt in the Zaherras.

I wore the Zaherras last week for a week straight on vacation. That included time in the gym (lifting), five days straight of Peleton riding and then a 2.68 mile hike with 1,524 ft of elevation gain. I came away very impressed with the shoe and it ability to work for any of the fore mentioned activities. My only complaint would be the 'lack' of what I would consider the ability to repel water.

Appreciate the feedback! I agree with the Zaherras...wore them on a 3500 mile camping trip up to Yellowstone, and they held up great and very comfortable and breathable. The toebox repelled water when I spilled a bunch of water on them while doing dishes, but they definitely wouldn't survive being submerged. Only complaint is the cleaning issue like I said....oh well....can't have it all!

Back
Top Bottom