NIKE ACG thread

just because the initial nasu 2 don’t have goretex, doesn’t mean they won’t make some with it.

True, good point. I was going off a comment from social media or something. I didn't realize they were originally released without Gore-Tex and my brain was too slow to realize they could always create a Nasu 2 Gore-Tex version later.

Sadly the removal of goretex from the mountain fly high to the mountain fly low did not increase breathability, but I agree I hope it does for these lower priced nasu.

Ah really? I thought they would have. I never owned the Mountain Fly High. Just thinking of my limited experience with trying/researching Gore-Tex rain jackets (even though I think it's usually more breathable than other rain jacket materials).

GOVRN Batch X is here!

Mowabb X Pegasus Trail 2
7A43AD63-169E-4A91-A407-A9D81C3A7B71.jpeg

Don’t be scared to throw out a low-ball offer on GOAT / StockX, you never know when it might be accepted. Was able to score Pegasus Trail 2 GTX for $90. Asking price was $168
C5C3DCD4-C967-4FB8-8D03-A1172816465F.jpeg

Don’t be scared to throw out a low-ball offer on GOAT / StockX, you never know when it might be accepted. Was able to score Pegasus Trail 2 GTX for $90. Asking price was $168
C5C3DCD4-C967-4FB8-8D03-A1172816465F.jpeg

Why is the Pegasus Trail not under the ACG line? It seems confusing to have “Trail” running shoes when you have a separate brand specifically towards outdoor. I always thought that seemed off.

different department and different philosophy per say

acg for the most part is still lifestyle focused, just the camping/hiking lifestyle type

you got to keep in mind that it was only a couple of years ago when ACG was a tech-ninja/acronym styled and while their shoes are capable to an extent, its still just for outdoor leisure while the pegasus trail, kiger, wildhorse, etc... are for actual trail running

the mountainfly does have the plate on the midsole and youd think thats for performance but its insanely heavy and just isnt built for speed

acg is still designed with more casual aesthetics in mind to be worn outside outdoor activities, its not the hardcore gear out there

different department and different philosophy per say

acg for the most part is still lifestyle focused, just the camping/hiking lifestyle type

you got to keep in mind that it was only a couple of years ago when ACG was a tech-ninja/acronym styled and while their shoes are capable to an extent, its still just for outdoor leisure while the pegasus trail, kiger, wildhorse, etc... are for actual trail running

the mountainfly does have the plate on the midsole and youd think thats for performance but its insanely heavy and just isnt built for speed

acg is still designed with more casual aesthetics in mind to be worn outside outdoor activities, its not the hardcore gear out there

I recall a day when the Mowabb was actually used as an outdoor running and cross training shoe. When did ACG get soft?

I recall a day when the Mowabb was actually used as an outdoor running and cross training shoe. When did ACG get soft?
ACG was on the ropes for the longest. Didn’t know exactly where the product line fell. It was only until recently that the line became revived as more of an ‘urban’ lifestyle line masked as outdoor apparel and footwear.

Anybody got the nasu’s? Wanted to try them out for hiking.
1D54F7E6-B7E7-435B-AE3E-D60335153731.jpeg

just got a pair of Nasus. Very comfortable to walk around and run errands. Don’t hike but they run really snug. Got my regular size but I’m wearing thin no show socks. If you are planning to wear thicker wool socks I would suggest to get at least a half size bigger.

not sure if ACG makes shoes for this purpose, but temporarily moving to a country with a very cold winter next month and looking for a comfortable pair of kicks to wear during the snow/ice season. talking below 0 at some points and last time I lived there i had regular lunarglides that had me slipping quite a bit while walking on the street. was looking at grabbing a pair of the older nike dunk boots on ebay, but figured I'd check in here first to see if there were any better options via ACG. appreciate the help in advance

not sure if ACG makes shoes for this purpose, but temporarily moving to a country with a very cold winter next month and looking for a comfortable pair of kicks to wear during the snow/ice season. talking below 0 at some points and last time I lived there i had regular lunarglides that had me slipping quite a bit while walking on the street. was looking at grabbing a pair of the older nike dunk boots on ebay, but figured I'd check in here first to see if there were any better options via ACG. appreciate the help in advance

Check out mountain fly highs with goretex.

Check out mountain fly highs with goretex.

appreciate the tip, but I'm seeing on reviews that they're good for snow but doesn't grip on icy surfaces. that's my main concern, cause I slipped on black ice last time with those lunarglides and suffered a pretty bad quad tear. thats why im being extra cautious about what I take with me this time :lol:

Back
Top Bottom