NIKE ACG thread

Do you guys know how the ACG Mountain Fly holds up against more serious hiking shoes? Are they a valid "all conditions" shoe you can use for long trail hikes or are they more a hike looking lifestyle shoe?

I really like the lows for hiking. The rubber isn’t as soft and grippy as something like a vibram sole, but it does better than most Nikes. I took it on a hike that consistently goes across a creek, and has some decent elevation gains. The low did OK with the water resistance (no goretex on the low), but I thought did really well on the steep and loose terrain. They are my go-to for hikes at the moment.

7FC261A0-5D61-4775-8461-E23B97B23BB0.jpeg

I really like the lows for hiking. The rubber isn’t as soft and grippy as something like a vibram sole, but it does better than most Nikes. I took it on a hike that consistently goes across a creek, and has some decent elevation gains. The low did OK with the water resistance (no goretex on the low), but I thought did really well on the steep and loose terrain. They are my go-to for hikes at the moment.

7FC261A0-5D61-4775-8461-E23B97B23BB0.jpeg
Great thanks! I'm looking to add a hike shoe to my collection that will be used for, not mountain climbing really, but day trips in forest and hiking paths and the Mountain Fly looks cool and all but I don't wanna be to vain when it comes to technical gear.

Do you guys know how the ACG Mountain Fly holds up against more serious hiking shoes? Are they a valid "all conditions" shoe you can use for long trail hikes or are they more a hike looking lifestyle shoe?

IMHO they’re more on the lifestyle end of the spectrum rather than on the hiking shoe end. When I’m on uneven terrain, they feel very tall and unstable, like I’m about to roll an ankle at any time. I prefer a bigger outsole platform when hiking to give me more stability.

Since I missed out on the original Black/White MFs... I'm considering these with my MF donors.

Gyakusou LunarEpic Shield (Water Resistant) X MF - Seaweed
LunarEpic X Mountain Fly - Gyakusou Seaweed.jpg

Reactions: ejb
Great thanks! I'm looking to add a hike shoe to my collection that will be used for, not mountain climbing really, but day trips in forest and hiking paths and the Mountain Fly looks cool and all but I don't wanna be to vain when it comes to technical gear.

i love mine but i've seen some people say the sole wears down pretty quickly on the MFs. i've barely worn mine so can't confirm or deny myself but it's something to be aware of before buying.

i love mine but i've seen some people say the sole wears down pretty quickly on the MFs. i've barely worn mine so can't confirm or deny myself but it's something to be aware of before buying.

Mine isn’t necessarily wearing down quickly, but some of the lugs have broken off.

IMHO they’re more on the lifestyle end of the spectrum rather than on the hiking shoe end. When I’m on uneven terrain, they feel very tall and unstable, like I’m about to roll an ankle at any time. I prefer a bigger outsole platform when hiking to give me more stability.
This is spot on. It's a cool shoe, but it's definitely a lifestyle model. There are much better shoes out there if you're actually interested in hiking / trail performance. Most people here aren't... 🤷‍♂️

I’ve been hiking/running on trails in dc (pretty moderate terrain) in my mountain flys high’s lately . I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how they they’ve performed on and off the trail.

I plan on hiking old rag mountain (first time) in Shenandoah national park soon, so we’ll see how well they do with the rock scrambles.

I also just doubled up on the black pair (found a pair at the outlets) so can really put work in on the pair I been wearing without fear of ruining them 😂.
4A75628C-7C87-4FBD-9876-1BFBB213ABE6.jpeg

im not an expert hiker, just moderately elite but i find most hiking shoes just too firm, i like the bounciness and rocker feel the MotherFlyers provide plus it works as a rock plate

I’ve been hiking/running on trails in dc (pretty moderate terrain) in my mountain flys high’s lately . I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how they they’ve performed on and off the trail.

I plan on hiking old rag mountain (first time) in Shenandoah national park soon, so we’ll see how well they do with the rock scrambles.

I also just doubled up on the black pair (found a pair at the outlets) so can really put work in on the pair I been wearing without fear of ruining them 😂.
4A75628C-7C87-4FBD-9876-1BFBB213ABE6.jpeg
Keep us posted on how they perform on Old Rag. Wife and did old rag back in Thanksgiving 2020. 2nd hardest I’ve done. Table Mountain by far the worst but rewarding. It was my wife’s second on Old Rag, my first. The worst part was that long fire road back to the park and nothing to eat in the town.

Old Rag
A4020E3E-2627-4764-89B3-A9931A5DFB03.jpeg

Table Mountain Dec 2019
1D9AEC00-2993-460E-B2C9-AF66A0DE7C73.jpeg
71A68610-36DC-4874-9509-33ACE04782B5.jpeg

Keep us posted on how they perform on Old Rag. Wife and did old rag back in Thanksgiving 2020. 2nd hardest I’ve done. Table Mountain by far the worst but rewarding. It was my wife’s second on Old Rag, my first. The worst part was that long fire road back to the park and nothing to eat in the town.

Old Rag
A4020E3E-2627-4764-89B3-A9931A5DFB03.jpeg

Table Mountain Dec 2019
1D9AEC00-2993-460E-B2C9-AF66A0DE7C73.jpeg
71A68610-36DC-4874-9509-33ACE04782B5.jpeg

Is this Cape Town Table Mountain?

Does anyone know if you can still get the ISPA utility vest in medium khaki size large for retail anywhere?

Sorry for the sidetrack, I don't think acg has made a fisherman style vest in at least a few years? With kids all the extra pockets are needed, I pretty much only wear cargo pants now. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm wrong, acg has the watchman peak vest but I like the ISPA one more

Last edited:
Is this what you’re looking for?

Reactions: TWC
Thanks but this is what I was looking for
ispa-utility-gilet-nmWgwr.png
So I reverse searched the image and found the product and color code, CZ3209 205. Then searched "Nike CZ3209 205" and found nothing. The only thing I found was that one sold on grailed for $405. I think it sold for that much because the seller used a photo of Jake Paul wearing it. I think your best bet for finding this vest is either on sites like eBay and Grailed

Reactions: TWC
Back
Top Bottom