NIKE ACG thread

8C8045F7-1799-4689-A007-8994000C94D4.jpeg

Already have one pair but that is a nice colorway. If this go on the disco I would cop to have a back up pair. Love those things. Haven't stopped wearing them all summer.

Any release date on those? I wonder if they'll retro some of the later Deschutz models; would love to see more models as opposed to more colorways of these.

The AO is a great looking model! The colorways are just as great too! With that said, I think the Pegasus Trail 2 might be overtaken by the AOs. Their cws are really strong, but how do they feel compared to the React on the PTrail2s?

-edit-
I just read the specs, and they only have Zoom bag in the heel. The Zoom Air branding on the lateral toe box is misleading. :smh: Usually, the Zoom bag is located where the branding is; toward the front = forefoot Zoom Air / toward the heel = heel Zoom / center = FL Zoom.

A positive is that they look to be sitting, which means... they'll go on clearance! :nthat:

Last edited:
I had the AO’s but ended up returning them when the Zaherra’s were on sale and ended up being $10 cheaper. Really liked the look of the AO’s and they were pretty comfortable but I’m fairly positive if I really wanted them they are going to get to marked down like the Terra Gobe’s did. (Which is still my favorite out of all three shoes I just mentioned)

I had the AO’s but ended up returning them when the Zaherra’s were on sale and ended up being $10 cheaper. Really liked the look of the AO’s and they were pretty comfortable but I’m fairly positive if I really wanted them they are going to get to marked down like the Terra Gobe’s did. (Which is still my favorite out of all three shoes I just mentioned)

Terra Gobes are the best out of the recent ACG shoes IMO, most of the ACG shoes go on sale though except for the antartiks which flew! I missed out on those :frown:

The AOs will surely hit clearance and that's when I'll scoop them up!

If you dont mind me asking, what size did you get for the Gobes/Zaherras and AOs? Just so I'll know what size to get. Thanks!

Terra Gobes are the best out of the recent ACG shoes IMO, most of the ACG shoes go on sale though except for the antartiks which flew! I missed out on those :frown:

The AOs will surely hit clearance and that's when I'll scoop them up!

If you dont mind me asking, what size did you get for the Gobes/Zaherras and AOs? Just so I'll know what size to get. Thanks!

Terra Gobes = size 9 (I regret that. Read reviews suggesting I should size up and they are to big. Should have went TTS, which is 8.5)
AOs = size 8.5
Zaherras = size. 8.5

Will probably end up doubling up on the TG's. I really love that shoe. It is so versatile - used it for hiking, working in a vineyard and shoveling my driveway.
The newer colorways of the AO's are enticing but I just don't get the execution. I don't care how quickly the water drains out of the shoe if my socks are wet it is game over and no way you could wear these without socks because the material on the back started rubbing my Achilles instantly. You can also see in photos that I posted that I'm not sure how the water will drain out of the inside of the shoe, through the midsole and then out the bottom when the holes in the bottom of the shoe aren't actually holes.

Like you guys, I think the AOs will eventually go on sale just like the previous modern ACG models. I absolutely LOVE the aesthetics of the AOs, and the cws are executed very well. Most of the colorways have a good aesthetic flow that's easy on my eyes, ESP the ones with the toe cap that blends in with the midsole/outsole! I know that I'll be purchasing at least three by the year's end.

In terms of function and design. They look to have sufficient cushioning even though it's just heel Zoom. The draining system is interesting, but my hikes don't go to the extremes of immersing or having to plunge my feet into water :lol:. If my socks were to get soaked, I'd be DONE :lol:. For my mild hikes, these would be m go-to's! I'm looking forward to try them out.

Last edited:
Terra Gobes = size 9 (I regret that. Read reviews suggesting I should size up and they are to big. Should have went TTS, which is 8.5)
AOs = size 8.5
Zaherras = size. 8.5

Will probably end up doubling up on the TG's. I really love that shoe. It is so versatile - used it for hiking, working in a vineyard and shoveling my driveway.
The newer colorways of the AO's are enticing but I just don't get the execution. I don't care how quickly the water drains out of the shoe if my socks are wet it is game over and no way you could wear these without socks because the material on the back started rubbing my Achilles instantly. You can also see in photos that I posted that I'm not sure how the water will drain out of the inside of the shoe, through the midsole and then out the bottom when the holes in the bottom of the shoe aren't actually holes.

Buy as much TGs as you can for the low! Bought 4 pairs for cheap when I had the chance. Yeah wearing wet socks with the AOs will be weird, still, I'll buy a pair when it's at least 50 off retail! Were they uncomfortable without socks? Maybe they were intended to be worn without them. I guess I'll check them out in store first before I decide on getting a pair.

Bingo entropy entropy have my eye on a few pairs now. One of the reasons why I sent back the AOs. Don't have to worry about water or rain as the shoe is water resistant.

For a hike that water or rain was not a distinct possibility the AOs would be more than fine. The newer colorways that have come out do look really, really nice. Much better than the all purple colorway I bought initially.

They felt fine sock less. I could have worn them like that but the back part of the shoe that holds your Achilles in rubbed really bad. Had to switch from no shows to mid calf so the idea of going sock less was not appealing.

AOs = size 8.5
Zaherras = size. 8.5

Like you guys, I think the AOs will eventually go on sale just like the previous modern ACG models. I absolutely LOVE the aesthetics of the AOs, and the cws are executed very well. Most of the colorways have a good aesthetic flow that's easy on my eyes, ESP the ones with the toe cap that blends in with the midsole/outsole! I know that I'll be purchasing at least three by the year's end.

In terms of function and design. They look to have sufficient cushioning even though it's just heel Zoom. The draining system is interesting, but my hikes don't go to the extremes of immersing or having to plunge my feet into water :lol:. If my socks were to get soaked, I'd be DONE :lol:. For my mild hikes, these would be m go-to's! I'm looking forward to try them out.
Buy as much TGs as you can for the low! Bought 4 pairs for cheap when I had the chance. Yeah wearing wet socks with the AOs will be weird, still, I'll buy a pair when it's at least 50 off retail! Were they uncomfortable without socks? Maybe they were intended to be worn without them. I guess I'll check them out in store first before I decide on getting a pair.

Thanks for this I was about to ask about sizing on the Terra Gobes because some sites say tts and others say half size up. Sites are letting them go for $60 now so I’m gonna scoop a few pairs.

I was skeptical about the AO’s but they’re actually really comfortable. Only complaint is that there is some minor heel slippage (tts) with regular socks but not so bad that I need to return them. I figured they’d probably hit big discount at some point but the blue colorway seems to be sold out most places so I grabbed them with a discount code on Urban industries and they came out to $98 which is great.

Bingo entropy entropy have my eye on a few pairs now. One of the reasons why I sent back the AOs. Don't have to worry about water or rain as the shoe is water resistant.

For a hike that water or rain was not a distinct possibility the AOs would be more than fine. The newer colorways that have come out do look really, really nice. Much better than the all purple colorway I bought initially.

They felt fine sock less. I could have worn them like that but the back part of the shoe that holds your Achilles in rubbed really bad. Had to switch from no shows to mid calf so the idea of going sock less was not appealing.

Yeah I am not really a fan of going sock less so I will be wearing them with socks. Thanks for the information you provided. Can't wait for the AOs to go on sale so I can buy a pair!

Thanks for this I was about to ask about sizing on the Terra Gobes because some sites say tts and others say half size up. Sites are letting them go for $60 now so I’m gonna scoop a few pairs.

I was skeptical about the AO’s but they’re actually really comfortable. Only complaint is that there is some minor heel slippage (tts) with regular socks but not so bad that I need to return them. I figured they’d probably hit big discount at some point but the blue colorway seems to be sold out most places so I grabbed them with a discount code on Urban industries and they came out to $98 which is great.

I went half size up on the Gobes which was fine, although I can do TTS with no socks I guess!

With all the colors releasing for the AOs, some of them will surely hit deep discounts!

Anybody tried removing the elastic band on their trail pants? dude from facebook removed his and looks good, I want to try it but I'm scared I might ruin my trail pants.

Attachments

• 7A1AAFE6-AF21-47B3-BD6E-7EF5DB06CE96.jpeg
    7A1AAFE6-AF21-47B3-BD6E-7EF5DB06CE96.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 341
How is it that the Zeharras (green and purple) are sold out now when they had full size runs up until today? Outlet bound?

How do the AOs compare in comfort to the Zeharras for those who have both? I can't imagine anything more comfy than the Zeharras I got! Is zoom only in the heel? It's hard for me to tell as the react cushion is so soft.

How is it that the Zeharras (green and purple) are sold out now when they had full size runs up until today? Outlet bound?

How do the AOs compare in comfort to the Zeharras for those who have both? I can't imagine anything more comfy than the Zeharras I got! Is zoom only in the heel? It's hard for me to tell as the react cushion is so soft.
Keep in mind I only wore the AOs once to run some errands in but I would prefer the Zeharras.
AOs have heel Zoom. Appeared to be the size of what is in the heel of signature basketball shoes. I didn’t feel it on initial step in but am guessing that it would be more pronounced after you break the shoe in.

Back
Top Bottom