NIKE ACG thread

timmydee timmydee - That IS true and evident based on my 10-mile hike experience in the React Terra Gobes. Yes, please let me know how they are compared to those!

pwguy pwguy - I think I was somehow considering that I do not want my feet slipping around in there, but it's definitely not loose in the heel going half-size up. It's just slightly roomier in the toebox area, especially with the rubber coming up all the way to the top of the shoe. However, I had a similar situation with the VaporMax Run Utility, and going up half a size on those felt perfectly fine there, so half-size up, it shall be for me. Also tried on my TTS pair for about 5-10 mins and I definitely felt a bit of tightness, so likely problem resolved!

It's raining right now and I go on a daily walk rain or shine, so let's see how these feel!

50615275856_a742620f9e_b.jpg

I can confirm that I much appreciate the extra wiggle room up front going up half a size. :lol: These felt really comfortable, but it was very iffy for the first 10 minutes walking in them simply because the ride felt high. I'm used to that in the React Prestos, but somehow couldn't process it right off the bat. It got better over time and I felt more confident about the shoe after some time. Plus, it didn't slip on those light rail tracks that I often have to walk over going on my daily walk compared to the Pegasus Trail 2 GTX... then again, I went at it at 80%, haha. Shoes did not get soaked at all although I ****ed around with a puddle too deep by accident... so my ankle got wet.

Obviously I didn't hike, but my assumption is that it will work out well for the easy/medium hikes.

Cool thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned, but the soles are mini-cleated. Not sure how big of a difference this makes.

50614533828_13b3d2c98e_b.jpg

Last edited:
50615275856_a742620f9e_b.jpg

I can confirm that I much appreciate the extra wiggle room up front. :lol: These felt really comfortable, but it was very iffy for the first 10 minutes walking in them simply because the ride felt high. I'm used to that in the React Prestos, but somehow couldn't process it right off the bat. It got better over time and I felt more confident about the shoe after some time. Plus, it didn't slip on those light rail tracks that I often have to walk over going on my daily walk compared to the Pegasus Trail 2 GTX... then again, I went at it at 80%, haha.

Obviously I didn't hike, but my assumption is that it will work out well for the easy/medium hikes.

Cool thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned, but the soles are mini-cleated. Not sure how big of a difference this makes.

50614533828_13b3d2c98e_b.jpg

Great! Any idea if there's gore-tex in the neoprene area, or did that just soak thru? I wouldn't think there is, however, it would be ironic if the only location that stated "gore-tex" didn't in fact include it....heh. I'm thinking that portion just soaks up water.....

Did the person with Antarktiks get yours yet and can comment of size/fit?

Great! Any idea if there's gore-tex in the neoprene area, or did that just soak thru? I wouldn't think there is, however, it would be ironic if the only location that stated "gore-tex" didn't in fact include it....heh. I'm thinking that portion just soaks up water.....

I sprayed water on it earlier before I left the house on that "Gore-Tex" cover and it rolled off for the most part. I don't know if it also contains some sort of membrane in it, but it didn't soak up underneath.

However, there is neoprene on the ankle which makes it easier to put on compared to the Antarktiks, but that's where the downside comes in unfortunately. If your pants don't cover up that area, then the water can definitely get in that way.

I sprayed water on it earlier before I left the house on that "Gore-Tex" cover and it rolled off for the most part. I don't know if it also contains some sort of membrane in it, but it didn't soak up underneath.

However, there is neoprene on the ankle which makes it easier to put on compared to the Antarktiks, but that's where the downside comes in unfortunately. If your pants don't cover up that area, then the water can definitely get in that way.

Only if the water can penetrate the neoprene though....I believe that part at the ankle where the neoprene meets the shoe is sewn; it's not an open pocket like on the Zaherras. Anyway, they look great on feet in ur pics, and sounds like you like them overall. Can't wait to try on my 11 (half size up)...assuming my order doesn't get canceled.

pwguy pwguy - Glad I can help! For the "Gore-Tex" cover, I don't think it can. At least for 30 mins out in the light rain, it couldn't, haha.

Yeah, it seems like this will be the shoe that'll work out to replace my VaporMax Run Utilities and be a multi-purpose shoe at the same time! I do wanna hear timmydee timmydee 's thoughts about the hiking aspect. When I walked in them, the forefoot was definitely on the flexible side contrary to my initial thoughts.

I received the Khaki cw, and I’m RELIEVED! I went TTS just as I did with the Antarktiks, and the length fit is just fine. I expected a significantly tighter fit as many reported, but they fit just like the Antarktiks for me. The only ACG that I had to size up on were the Tie-Dye Moc 3.0s (went +1/2).

Here are pics comparing the length of MF to the Antarktiks and AOs

6C53042C-60AF-47EF-9EDB-80F39431D438.jpeg

F9ECB55C-7CA1-4C71-8166-AFB2B3D06039.jpeg

FWIW, I have a narrow to normal width feet, and I usually wear thin NR running socks.

Aesthetically, the MFs do not top the Antarktiks, IMHO. However, the feel of the MFlys is unmatched. The React and CF plate has the same formula as the ZF2/ZF3, which I’m a HUGE fan of. With all that, I’m just glad to own a pair of the Khaki MFlys!

Last edited:
Was going to get the black and white mountain flys but decided that I'd rather try and find the antarktiks in juniper fog. In saying that, is anybody out there selling one in 10.5s? Lol

The Mountain Fly's are in stock on END, many sizes available

i copped at midnight, didn’t want to end
up empty handed. Grabbed both pair of socks as well. Wanted the balaclava but they didn’t have it, noticed it was sold out most places. Oneness had it so I grabbed it.
End shipping is pretty quick and the main reason for going with them. Hopefully it’s here by saturday

i want the black pair but dont knlw if i should go tts or half size up. ill be wearing reg socks. i was going to buy both sizes but didnt want to get stuck that i cant return

i want the black pair but dont knlw if i should go tts or half size up. ill be wearing reg socks. i was going to buy both sizes but didnt want to get stuck that i cant return

I ordered from Notre; they have free returns. My TTS from Nike is a little tight from the rubber wrap-around; length is actually TTS. Ordered half size up from Notre. If they're too big I'll return both and not get any as I think my TTS wouldn't be good for any length of time due to the slight toe pressure. Plus, my TTS from Nike is defective so would need to swap out with a different pair if I could find one.

SNS has a warehouse in NJ it says just have to pay shipping. think ill just go half size up just be safe. thank you

Got my Mountain Flys on Thursday, wish I had sized up half a size, maybe more. Thankfully pwguy pwguy gave the heads up about the restock, so I nabbed a 10. Should be here tomorrow.

These things are nothing like any hiking shoe or boot I've ever used. They're pretty cushy when your heel hits, and they feel a little like a running shoe. The forefoot is pretty stiff, which is good. Not super stiff like my old Asolos, but not too bad. I wish the mid foot were stiff like the forefoot for when that part lands on rocks or roots. The toe off is really different. I might like it? Will have to see when I get the 10s tomorrow. The shoe really rolls you through that portion of the stride, which is definitely unlike any other hiking boot I've used. Maybe it's like the Vaporflys, but I've not tried those yet. One final thought—I would have preferred a cushier tongue. When I pulled the lacing system tight to lock my heel down, it dug in a bit too much. Thicker socks would probably help (I had my Space Hippie socks on), but then you might need to go a full size up. Now I'm thinking I should have bought a 10.5. :lol:

Was back and forth between the NASU ACG and the Mountain Fly. Figured the carbon and React was worth the price difference. Decided to buck the trend in the thread and went TTS. Free exchanges with Nike is nice even though I would prefer it work the first time.

soggysocks soggysocks - Maybe it's just for me, but when I got both sizes, the difference was fairly minimal up front for me... well, that's if you were to wear thick socks like I normally do, haha. I'm sticking with the half-size up given that the feet will expand during wear and the rubber up to the top of the toebox can get uncomfortable if i go true size.

I'm on the fence about getting a pair of Nike ACG mountain flys, but I don't know what size to get. My normal shoe size is 10.5, but I have a pair of Zaherra's which are size 10 that fit perfectly whereas my TTS of that model was way too loose. Unfortunately there are no stores near me that carry the shoe, so i can't try it on myself to confirm... Can anyone help me confirm if I should get a size 10, 10.5 or 11 for the mountain flys?

I'm on the fence about getting a pair of Nike ACG mountain flys, but I don't know what size to get. My normal shoe size is 10.5, but I have a pair of Zaherra's which are size 10 that fit perfectly whereas my TTS of that model was way too loose. Unfortunately there are no stores near me that carry the shoe, so i can't try it on myself to confirm... Can anyone help me confirm if I should get a size 10, 10.5 or 11 for the mountain flys?

I wear a 10.5 in all Nikes and Jordans, including the Zaherras, and Zaherras are TTS for me, not loose. 10.5 in the Mountains is too snug at the rubber wrap-around on the toe. I mean, maybe it would be OK, however, after 5min of wearing around the house it's not painful or hugely uncomfortable per se, but not comfortable. I'm waiting on my 11.

For you if the Zaherras were VERY loose in your TTS, I'd got TTS for these; going a half size up may be too much. Definitely buy from somewhere that allows free returns if you can.

Back
Top Bottom