NIKE ACG thread

appreciate the tip, but I'm seeing on reviews that they're good for snow but doesn't grip on icy surfaces. that's my main concern, cause I slipped on black ice last time with those lunarglides and suffered a pretty bad quad tear. thats why im being extra cautious about what I take with me this time :lol:

Honestly then, get some real boots, ACG won't cut it...

id checkout the special forces filed boots that nike makes

they just released the new ones with a flyplate and react midsole and they look pretty good too

FIELD-READY STABILITY AND TRACTION.

Built for elite military and outdoor athletes, the Nike React SFB Carbon Low packs the durability, support and traction of a tactical boot into a rugged shoe. The full-length carbon plate helps to optimize your stride, while responsive Nike React cushioning provides comfort for the long haul. Aggressive tread gives you excellent traction wherever your mission or adventure takes you.

Stable Structure

Nike Flyplate technology made from stiff carbon fiber optimizes your stride while providing support to help minimize fatigue, ease pressure on your Achilles and reduce slipping inside the shoe. The plate acts as an internal rock shield while the outsole helps prevent punctures.

Comfort with Energy Return

Lightweight, durable Nike React foam feels soft yet responsive. The more energy you put into your step, the more you get in return.

Serious Traction

A combination of hard and sticky rubbers make up the aggressive sole pattern, giving you durability in heavy strike zones and exceptional traction in natural and urban environments. Rubber teeth in the arch provide added grip when you’re climbing ropes or covering rugged terrain.

Reinforced Support

Strong fabric wraps the midsole for containment and stability. Solid rubber reinforces the toe.

More Benefits

• Strong fabric wraps the midsole for containment and stability.
  • Solid rubber reinforces the toe.
  • Mesh helps keep your feet cool and dry.
  • Overlays in high-abrasion areas enhance durability.
  • Heavy-duty laces with Kevlar® core have high-tensile strength.
  • Laces stow away to reduce distractions.

Product Details

• Strong fabric wraps the midsole for containment and stability.
  • Solid rubber reinforces the toe.
  • Mesh helps keep your feet cool and dry.
  • Overlays in high-abrasion areas enhance durability.
  • Heavy-duty laces with Kevlar® core have high-tensile strength.
  • Laces stow away to reduce distractions.

1626808235682.png

1626808274572.png

1626808292185.png

1626808306710.png

they also got he older gen boots with goretex

1626808455645.png

id checkout the special forces filed boots that nike makes

they just released the new ones with a flyplate and react midsole and they look pretty good too

I wish these had goretex, woulda been all over for winter (and I don't need ice traction, but not sure how these are on ice)

I wish these had goretex, woulda been all over for winter (and I don't need ice traction, but not sure how these are on ice)

i did a last minute edit and added the SFB with goretex

while i am not sure how it does on ice (i live in socal so i dont even know what that is) but its probably your best bet when it comes to nikes

i did a last minute edit and added the SFB with goretex

while i am not sure how it does on ice (i live in socal so i dont even know what that is) but its probably your best bet when it comes to nikes

If those tall ones came in tan (or anything other than black) I might have to jump.

they do and the wheat suede looks good but its not goretex

They DO look good...silly no goretex though. I guess they couldn't justify adding goretex to a suede shoe. Also, I've read that goretex won't license its tech unless it approves the overall design, so the suede may have something to do with that...wet suede gets saturated, leaks into shoe, goretex gets called out even though it's not their fault, etc., so they veto it.

Wonder how the SFB comfort is compared to the Mountain Flys. Really liking the look of them. Would be a tough decision whether to go for the low or mids. That said, not sure I need more boots in Cali! I've already got Mountain Flys, 2 Terra Zaherras, AOs, Revaderchis, Conquer, and Jordan Future boots (and classic Merrells)....ugh....

Wonder how the SFB comfort is compared to the Mountain Flys. Really liking the look of them. Would be a tough decision whether to go for the low or mids. That said, not sure I need more boots in Cali! I've already got Mountain Flys, 2 Terra Zaherras, AOs, Revaderchis, Conquer, and Jordan Future boots (and classic Merrells)....ugh....

mountain fly is way more comfortable than the sfb.

I’ve had good luck running on the below micro spikes in hard snow and pavement with ice, although they’re not 100% slip proof. Now is the time to buy them tho in the off-season. Alternatively I’ve also put in #8 hex head sheet metal screws on an older pair of Speedcrosses, works just as well but they’ll be relegated to ice only duty as a more permanent solution.

Amazon product ASIN B01LXWG09T

For anyone that has had ACG zoom AO's, how was sizing? My TTS nike is 11.5, and I'm 11.5 in dog mountains is good for me, but I could rock a 12 in mowabbs.

not sure if ACG makes shoes for this purpose, but temporarily moving to a country with a very cold winter next month and looking for a comfortable pair of kicks to wear during the snow/ice season. talking below 0 at some points and last time I lived there i had regular lunarglides that had me slipping quite a bit while walking on the street. was looking at grabbing a pair of the older nike dunk boots on ebay, but figured I'd check in here first to see if there were any better options via ACG. appreciate the help in advance

I would look into the ACG Antarktik
Completely water-proof.
ACG.jpg ACG2.jpg ACG3.jpg

This Youtube video has a guy submerge the the sneakers underwater and the tissues inside are still dry.

Thank you. Now to actually find an 11.5. Love the blue void colorway but these shoes have completely dried up, I wonder if covid inhibited their production/distribution.

TTS is fine but you could fit a 12 fine, i found them a bit tight on the side, rubbed a bit on the pinky.

Thank you. Now to actually find an 11.5. Love the blue void colorway but these shoes have completely dried up, I wonder if covid inhibited their production/distribution.

Yeah, that's tough now. They went on deep discount awhile back; got my 10.5 for $72 shipped. I don't think there was a prod'n issue; it's just been a long time now. Sorry man.

I would look into the ACG Antarktik
Completely water-proof.
ACG.jpg ACG2.jpg ACG3.jpg

This Youtube video has a guy submerge the the sneakers underwater and the tissues inside are still dry.

Great suggestion, however, these dried up LONG ago and are super expensive now. I was looking for this pair last year, but fortunately the Mountain Fly's launched. They're not as waterproof in terms of height coverage, but likely more comfortable overall.

CNCPTS has a few diff Deschutz colorways on sale now; worth checking out, including the 15% off code. Anyone have this bag; do you like it?
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 9.56.06 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom