Nike Air 180 OG

Urban Industries has a nice batch of 180s for really good prices. Picked up the brown/rust pink joints for $83 shipped to the US. Been going back and grabbing sneakers I genuinely just like based on cws/materials/models since my wife and I will be saving for a house soon. It’s been an onslaught of cops all month and I had to have these since I seen pics this summer.
https://www.urbanindustry.co.uk/products/nike-air-max-180-shoes-string-rust-pink-baroque-brown

The problem is the technology has changed. In 1991, this WAS the new technology and it was the top tier comfort (relatively speaking). With all the newer technology and shoes that are way more comfortable, we're going back in time to compare '91 to '19. Sure, the steam engine was awesome. But now you can plug your car in when you get home.
My .02

Yea but lets be honest here, the retro is NOT as comfortable as the original not even close. ASICS somehow has figured out how to make damn near all of their retro's just as comfortable if not more comfortable than the original. That's how it should be not the other way around.

^^ This.

It had the biggest air unit of any Nike Air shoe. It’s supposed to be comfortable. Stepping on the heel of my Air Tech Challenge 3 retro from 2015 is more comfortable than the current 180.

They can put a large air bag on the 270. They made the Concord 11 really close to the original. There is no reason why they can’t make the 180 with a huge air bag and the correct shape.

No wonder the 180s are on sale under $100.

They can put a large air bag on the 270. They made the Concord 11 really close to the original. There is no reason why they can’t make the 180 with a huge air bag and the correct shape.
they sold over 1 million from the concord 11, i doubt that there are 1 million peeps would buy the 180, even if they make an 1:1 retro from them and also i think that it is cheaper for nike to adjust shape from the 11s because there are less panels on the upper from the shoes and no visible air compared to the 180s, over 2 years is the 30th anniversary if they then not gonna adjust the shape and the air unit from the 180 they will probably never do it

Reactions: ARK
they sold over 1 million from the concord 11, i doubt that there are 1 million peeps would buy the 180, even if they make an 1:1 retro from them and also i think that it is cheaper for nike to adjust shape from the 11s because there are less panels on the upper from the shoes and no visible air compared to the 180s, over 2 years is the 30th anniversary if they then not gonna adjust the shape and the air unit from the 180 they will probably never do it

It’s funny how they will work to fix certain shoes and then literally do nothing to fix others. Look at the recent Air Max Light 2 retro. That looks really good but who knows about the comfort. Again, the Tech Challenge 3 from 2015 is a fantastic retro. Yet, any classic Bo Jackson trainer from that era always gets so so materials. Yeah hard to predict. At some point Nike remade that 180 air bag to be so wide and flat. Worst decision ever.

Yep, that's me! :smile:
250795_5e08b6fb6a_l.jpg
good to see you here man :wink:
lol i still hating you for declining my offer from 370 euro for those US8.5 LTR FL AM90s :angry:

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
They had a different tongue too. I'm pretty sure I had those exact sneakers but I don't remember the colors. What I do remember is being disappointed at not having a real 180 air unit. My guidance counselor couldn't tell the difference though, she told me she drove past a billboard every day that had my sneakers on them. I would like to think this was not an exaggeration or just something that a local store was doing.

I found some extra pictures, here you can see the different tongue and also a comparison between the airunits.
180international2.jpg
180international4.jpg
180international5.jpg

Rounded up forefoot/toebox (banana toe), more rounded toe box, shorter tongue, taller shoe overall, taller heel support, much bigger airbag, and of course forefoot air.

What we have now is not OG.

Back
Top Bottom