Nike Air 180 OG

Bows and Arrows just got them in. Unsure of the price. The pictures of them they put up make them look less appealing, tired of this OG yellow sole.

Tired of all these pee pee stain joints. Glad I'm still sitting on a DS pair from a long time ago. They are dirt magnets but at least when you do it, it's true patina. I hate it when they pre-distress or in this case, make them look like you too a stroll through a puddle of piss or something. So nasty.

Thought some of you may be interested in this review. Not wrote by me. taken from THEDROPDATE. Def cop for me !
Whilst some of the purists out there disagree with the addition of the yellowed soles and vintage effects that the Nike ‘OG’ range brings, most heads can’t get enough of these original, iconic Air Max colourways – and we can see why!  After the strong ’87 and Infrared ’90 that dropped at the end of last year, Nike have once again dipped into their huge archive of classics and brought back another one of their icons - the legendary NIKE AIR 180.

The 180 originally dropped at the height of the ‘tech wars’ in 1991, where every shoe company was bringing out a gimmicky cushioning feature to try and compete with Nike’s Air and Reebok’s Pump.  Nike’s answer was simple: MORE air! The 180 boasted 50% more air in the heel than previous max offerings, and made sure that the airbag was the star of the show, giving it a clear outsole wrap that allowed it to be seen through 180 degrees.  A big ad campaign and the ’92 Olympics followed, with these even being worn by Michael Jordan for some off-court antics… but then the original 180 went quiet, with Nike choosing not to follow it up.

The shoe lived on the minds and collections of Nike fans though, partly due to that massive air bubble, and partly because of the amazing colourways the shoe came in, with early 90′s neons providing crazy pops of colour on the otherwise plain white upper.  By far the most memorable was the ‘Ultramarine’ makeup of neon pink and blue;  A colour scheme previously seen on the Mariah PR, but which looked even better on the wedge silhouette of the 180.

2013′s ‘OG’ version stays true to that palette, with the Solar Red surrounding the 180 unit sure to break some necks on the street! The upper keeps it correct with the original mix of suede and mesh, with the slightly off-white of the materials and matching laces still looking fresh and clean.  The midsole yellowing has been toned down to a much more subtle level than previous releases, and whilst that signature 180 airbag has shrunk in size since 1991, it’s still a great looking feature.

Overall these are a strong remake of a stone-cold classic which are perfect to save for those (few!) dry spring/summer days we get here in the UK - and as the closest we’ll get to the 1991 originals, we’ve got a feeling the purists and collectors will be eager to pick these up too!

Maan I wanted these ever since I saw my big sis in em years ago. Hope I have money this time round

They look dope in those pics^^^^^. Reconsidering picking up a pair now. Anyone willing to post a few pics of their pair?

I need these!!! I was always a fan of runners but the original color ways just do something for me..

I'm digging the love for the Air 180.

I remember happily copping the 180 over the AJ VI back in '91 simply due to the stellar ad campaign. After "Bo Knows" Nike really started to harness the power of advertising and the 180 worldwide launch prior to the 92 Olympics was huge! As a young buck I ate it up.

My brother got the back/infrared J's and I got the 180s and have never regretted my decision.

I remember calling HUF when the first QS Retro dropped and cherishing that pair. I've worn them only a handful of times as they have a lot of sentimental value.

Easily one of my grails.

GALLERY]

The OGs are hitting, I just got an email blast from a local shop with these listed as going on sale this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom