Nike Air 3 LE - aka Air Garnett 3

I just copped these and was wondering what you guys think about wearing them for ball

good traction, ankle support, cushioning, etc?  are they durable?  thanks

Don't know how the retros feel, but I had a pair of OGs I got from Ebay YEARS after they were originally out and they are some of the best b-ball sneakers I've ever had. I honestly can't remember what happened to them, but I miss them. If the retros were anywhere close in terms of traction, zoom air, etc... they're great.

theyre a good balling shoe. i played intramural in them. traction is what i love the best and to me they are not a heavy shoe. i play point and shooting. only problem i had was i did roll my ankle...but thats cuz when i was coming down from the layup i landed on a girls foot all wrong...i still wear the shoes but with an ankle brace. i played in the retros and indoors btw.

These had forefoot air right, as noted on the midsole "ZOOM AIR"? If the retros still have it, I would say, you are good to go. Often times, the retros are bare bones. so be careful

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

theyre a good balling shoe. i played intramural in them. traction is what i love the best and to me they are not a heavy shoe. i play point and shooting. only problem i had was i did roll my ankle...but thats cuz when i was coming down from the layup i landed on a girls foot all wrong...i still wear the shoes but with an ankle brace. i played in the retros and indoors btw.

you can roll your ankle in any shoe

Nothing like the OG, The og's are in my top 10 ever one of the best shoes. Them retros have NO tune air in them the quality is no way near the OG's. This was def one of Nike's biggest fails

Originally Posted by richyung412

Nothing like the OG, The og's are in my top 10 ever one of the best shoes. Them retros have NO tune air in them the quality is no way near the OG's. This was def one of Nike's biggest fails

yeah the retros don't have tune air.

what's the difference anyways?

I heard that Nike went away from tuned air because of some legal issues with the designer or something like that?

OG's were my senior year hoop shoe... bubble eventually popped but I ran them hard... retro might want to just use for casual wear IMO

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Retro felt mad cheap, didn't even seem like the same shoe

Agree with my man right here, was VERY disappointed in these, the cushion was no where near the original.  Gave them away after the first wear...  

Partly why Nike stopped doing Tuned Air was cost and the little performance gain involved.  It is relatively expensive to manufacture an air bag lined up with two opposing hemispherical air bubbles.  In the end, similar cushioning can be achieved with dual stacked Zoom Air units or a smaller profile Air Max cushion as they have on the retros. 

Any suggestions on where to find a pair of the retro's in the white CW, outside of eBay? or are they pretty much cleaned out everywhere these days? appreciated !

Last edited:
success

:pimp: Lookin crisp Doogie...how do those run btw? Im trying to find a pair, Im pretty much an 11 in 90% of nikes and jays, have a slightly wide foot so i go 11.5 in Kobes

i still have my OGs, i used to ball in em, they are great, i loved em. i believe it has everything nike had to offer for the top lvl Balling shoes back to time: zoom front, air max back. i still wear em here and there

:pimp: Lookin crisp Doogie...how do those run btw? Im trying to find a pair, Im pretty much an 11 in 90% of nikes and jays, have a slightly wide foot so i go 11.5 in Kobes

I actually sized up from 10.5 to 11 just to grab a pair. I don't really notice the difference, can tell the 10.5 would probably fit perfect though. I know its not a straight answer but may help with your decision.

Rosewood consignment in CA has a pair of 11's they are willing to ship if you contact the owner

Back
Top Bottom