Nike Air Alpha Force

It's so crazy and random for me to learn in retrospect that Shawn Kemp wore Nike in the early stages of his NBA career because I will always remember him wearing Reebok when he was at the apex of his career with the Sonics in the '90s. But I believe he no longer wore Reebok in the latter stage of his career after the 1997-98 season when he declined badly.

In my mind, what I'd like to think happened:

Billie Eilish, banging on a corporate Beaverton table, "You WILL bring back the Alpha Force 88! The real heads want it!!!! If you want my name on any other Nike merchandise, you will do ME THIS SERVICE!!!"

In reality, what probably happened:

"Yo Billie Nike called and they wanna bring back this obscure model that most people don't even remember, but like they could be trendy and we could throw your name on them if you're cool with it...."

Ugh. Maybe put her name on the insoles of some Air Force Vs(high and low), Air Revolutions, and many other early 90s Nike basketball silhouettes, too.
I guess since this is a collab, the price will be around $140-$160?

Ummm…, other than the insole w/ Billie Eillish logo, can’t find the difference between the one whose pix were shown on the various news sites such as Sneakernews or SBD (supposed to be SP) while back… Oh, the top of the tongue seems different… So…, Nike changed it from “AIR” to “AAF88” while putting some insole w/ her logo on it and call them as collab???
EFB635A8-FFA0-4F49-8533-52F680CDC119.jpeg

888E341E-C89C-4E69-B15E-125A56B2D7BB.jpeg

Not a deal breaker for me as I bought both pairs of Air Revolutions in '13 with Air Revolution plastered on the tongues, but they couldn't put Air Alpha above FORCE on the tongues, like they did the OGs?

Back
Top Bottom