Nike Air Barkin...... Ugly Step Brother of the Sharkley

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

nike-air-barwin.jpg

Quote:
In the 90s both Dennis Rodman and Charles Barkley dominated the defensive scene and now both of their shoes are combined into one. Nike will be release a follow-up shoe to the Nike Sharkley posted a few days ago, labeled the Air Barwin. Rodmans Darwin and Charles Barkleys CB94 get blended into one shoe to create the Sharkley in a sleek black/white color-way. Via Its a DC Thing@NT.

SO um, yeah the Hybrids continue.......^
" src="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/alexgray23/NikeTalk/smh.gif">
202< Bush Lives In My Backyard, He Doesn't Dare Hop That Fence >202

IF you read the first post in this thread, it says the shoes will be called the air barwin. The info I recived about these shoes initialy was thatthey were a hybrid of the darwin and the air bakin which was just recently retroed. But I guess thats not the case.

There is not obvious bakin influence and I agree that it really does look like a darwin 2k8. You could argue that the bakin and darwin have somesimilarities, swoosh location. similar midsole, lightweight upper, and the air unit is a bit more bakin than darwin even though it evolved from heel to fulllength visability.

These shoes are on eastbay right now and they are indeed the Barwin. CB 94 and Darwin.

In the late 80's and early/mid 90's Nike cut alot of its basketball shoes the same way and built on past models in current years. The dunk becamethe Jordan 1, the Jordan 2, 3 and 4 shared the same influence and outsole and the jordan 2-7 almost continously evolved into one another. Tinker adapted theJordan 3 from previous shoes and used his visair unit in it.

There are many less prominent examples, but the barkely, darwin and bakin are cut simlarly, as are many of the shoes adapted from the barkley models in thoseyears.

I am interested in seeing how these perform when I find them at the right price, saw D fisher looking happy in these in the playoffs so far.

LOL LOL LOL BARKIN!?!?!? wow thats funny....but one hell of a lazily designed shoe.......0 effort.....is Gentry responsible for this
??.....

Sharkley's kill these without a doubt! However, I'm afraid Nike's taking this "fusion" or "remix" thing a tad bit too far. Inthe future, I wouldn't be suprised if Nike releases a Penarkely....

wish they'd release a Gasol and/or David West colorway! Their Barkins are FIRE.

the darwin inspiration is obvious, the barkley inspiration is in the eyelets and the toecap as far as i can see. IMO BARKIN>>>SHARKLEY

The David West ones are definitely better than the Pau ones. You don't see may PE NOH colorways, if Chris only went with Nike basketball than JordanBrand....

KOBEMVP

Back
Top Bottom