Nike Air Flight Huarache Nike please retro these colorways!!!

I've always loved these colorways especially the white purple.  Remember the " We all shine on" commercial nike did and fab five rocking these?  Brings back some memories..  I remember seeing a couple retro colorways a few years back but nothing I thought as good as these 2.  Starting to see Nike retro more and more styles so was hoping these could get on the list.  Heres pics of my Originals. 

7fc36ebe57ca1aecfd681155c7824cfd007b4546.jpg

And the black purple colorway

475367bd545c1a6bf0041fb9ca9b4b1fd163bcfd.jpg

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs WTB LEBRON PEs 12, 12.5 
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

They need to do the white ones [Larry Brown voice] "the right way."

Flocker now has some women new huarache flight lows that is similar to that colorway, and they look great.

Make it happen cap'ton!

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

They need to do the white ones [Larry Brown voice] "the right way."

Flocker now has some women new huarache flight lows that is similar to that colorway, and they look great.

Make it happen cap'ton!
I agree only if done the right way, these could get butchered easy. 

Yeah, I heard the white ones were supposed to retro in that exact colorway this year, but I'm guessing it's on hold for now. Hope to see those again someday.

I'm with you on that OP!........
HOOOOOOWWWWEEEEEVVVEEEEEERRRRRR............
the TRAINER HUARACHE 93' need to drop first!(the Huarache with no laces........I KNOW ya'll remember those!)

Originally Posted by Earl the Pearl

I've always loved these colorways especially the white purple.  Remember the " We all shine on" commercial nike did and fab five rocking these?  Brings back some memories..  I remember seeing a couple retro colorways a few years back but nothing I thought as good as these 2.  Starting to see Nike retro more and more styles so was hoping these could get on the list.  Heres pics of my Originals. 

And the black purple colorway

475367bd545c1a6bf0041fb9ca9b4b1fd163bcfd.jpg
both of these already retroed already......

I see a white blue and a black blue on PYS but not with the purple... You have seen retros with the purple?  the black blue looks close and I agree that one might be it but I haven't seen the white og colorway with the white blue purple?  Any info appreciated.

WTB  Trainer 1s size 12 thru 13 Manny Pacs first colorway, Ladanian PEs, Jimmy Rollins PE, Trainer 1 Oregon PEs WTB LEBRON PEs 12, 12.5 
WTB Nike Maestro red all star colorway any size 11.5 thru 13 any condition besides beat.

^^^Yo Pana are you serious?!
How do you know????(the ones WITHOUT laces right?)
^Yeah OP those were retroed in the early 2000's.

Anybody got pics of the white blue purple retro?  Sorry guys I'll delete this post... guess I should have done my homework.  Swear I've never seen a white blue purple retro...  Thanks for info fellas....

You never seen them because they never existed.

"ninjahood" talking out the side of his neck.

Blacks were close.

Whites?  Psht.

yeah these came out 2003.....nike ran these intot he ground....first was these 2 colors, then they dropped WHITE/RED/SILVER....WHITE BLACK/YELLOW...and BLACK/SILVER

Just like the previous person stated, these were retroed in a whole bunch of colors, but they didn't sell that well.  I had the retro version of the all black ones.  They didn't retro the original colorway, but something very similar without the purple.  I just got them from a friend, but they are at my parents place.  When I get a chance I will try and post pics of them, but here is a pic of the retro black ones.
3b2351cbec22640e15f80a3aa783c11be3a194d.jpg

Yeah, they retroed in 2003. I need some more, love these things.

And those colorways weren't released.

I have the white/blue/silver

Sorry don't know why my text didn't appear with my pic, but these were retroed a couple of years back in many different colors.  I don't think they sold that well.  I posted the pic of the retro black ones that I had.  They also didn't retro the original white colorway, but something similar without the purple, which I have in storage.  I will try and post pics of them when I have a chance.

Nice pics jk...  Yeah I saw blacks just didn't know how close they were but your picks convinced me to get on the hunt..  Didn't think I had seen the og white retroed yet though.  Thanks again jk....  I've seen the white blue silvers and those are the ones I'm thinking people are getting confused with the og white blue purple like fab five rocked. 

Yeah, it was the white/blue/silvers...which I prefer to the purples, because you don't have to worry about matching.
They also had the burgundy/silver
black/yellow
black/grey
all black

I don't think they sold well either. If they were to come back out now, I would get a lot more.

they should def. re-retro these in this same exact c/w. these are most memorable for me b/c i always think of jalen rose rockin these at michigan. they replaced the purple with silver/grey on the retros.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

You never seen them because they never existed.

"ninjahood" talking out the side of his neck.

Blacks were close.

Whites?  Psht.
it was da same exact sneaker
laugh.gif

and da white ones are modified from da OGs...you can tell by da sole which still had some of its original green.

fab5.gif
[h1]Nike Air Flight Huarache[/h1](July 2003)
Flashback to 1992. 5 Freshmen took the world by storm. Long baggyshorts, black socks, cocky attitude, alley-ooping, trash talking and ohyeah, a little game too. You could say the game was re-invented. Theyplayed with an urban mindset - a ghetto style of hoops thatrevolutionized millions of youngsters to come. It was not just dope butit was also marketable. Would there even be an And1 Mix Tour today ifthe Michigan Fab 5 hadn't pave the way for the generations to come?

Basketball powerhouses Temple, North Carolina, Ohio State and Cincinnati all fell at their feet in the NCAA Tournament.You could say the revolutionWAS televised. Over 21 million people tuned in to see the finalshowdown with Duke, making it the second-highest ranked basketball gamein television history. Basketball fans swarmed to the MichiganWolverines Fab 5 like no other freshman team in the history of collegebasketball.
huarache2.jpg
Rose, Jackson, King, Howard and Webber: five fabulous players, but only one shoe is needed to define them.The first time the team broke out this new pair of Nikes, every kid wondered "what IS that on their feet"?Distinctive, SWOOSHLESS, bold & flashy, nothing like we've everseen before - much like their game. Make no mistake about it, theHuaraches were the coming-out-party kicks that put them on the map. TheFab 5 even requested Nike to make an all black pair just for them.
huarache_rear2.jpg
Looking back, the marketing machine of Nike in 1992 boasted that theHuarache (defined as a flat-heeled sandal with an upper of wovenleather strips) is a new line of athletic shoes that will perform withonly the basic necessity of a shoe. Comfortable, smooth and huggable iswhat Nike wants you to believe. The elastic inner bootiereminds you of a pair of comfortably fitted socks. The outer structureconsist of only what's needed to lock your foot in place, therebygiving you maximum comfort with the least amount of weight. Take a peakat the bottom of the shoesand you will see a simple yet gorgeous design. Traction proved to behighly grippy and more than adequate for your balling needs. If allthat you need was a light-weight, breathable, luxurious ride, then thisshoe is just about as good as it gets.

But can a performance basketball shoe really onlyconsist of part sandal and part sock? Unfortunately, shoe technologyhas changed so much in the past 10 years that this shoe is anything buttrue performance by today's standards.
huarache_rear_400.jpg
Thelarge cut-outs in the Huarache helps the shoe breath and saves weightbut also cuts corners in stability and safety. If you were to roll yourankles, there's practically nothing in the upper area of the shoe thatwill keep your foot from turning. Keep in mind that the black strap atthe ankle area is a piece of thin leather, not an anti-inversion monkeypaw you'd expect to find in today's Shox or a lateral stability shellthat exists on the Zoom Flight 2k3. The Air Flight Huarache's lack ofankle support is comparable to a modern day luxury car withoutstandardized air bags - it just won't cut it with safety-orientedconsumers. The minimalist approach in the uppers also means moreslippage when planting your foot and making quick cuts. It's almostlike a car suspension with too much body roll - decent for the streetsbut unable to perform on the track. Sure Nike could have tweaked theperformance a bit on the retro, but they choose to leave the shoe aloneand we commend them for that.

For a classic such as the Air Flight Huarache, leaving it true to the original is just exactly what they should've done. (*It'sfair to note here that the OG had voilet-purple instead of grey in themiddle cut out sockliner area as the only notable change for thiscolorway).

Durability is another area where the Huarache tend to fall short bytoday's standards. The materials used on the upper simply won't lastdue to the fact it's been pre-cut and constantly stretched out. Theplastic pieces on the side and the rear of the shoe gets scuffed prettyeasily. This is definitely not a shoe you want to wear outdoors andexpect it to last.

TheAir Flight Huarache Retro has been re-released in 4 colorways to date:White/Black/Royal-Blue, White/Black/Varsity-Red, White/Black/Silver andBlack/Royal Blue. It retails for around $100 in mostly Footaction &Finishline stores. Surprisingly, even with the relative low price tag,this shoe was not an immediate sell-out as one might think. Perhaps therecent scandals involving Chris Webber and the Michigan Wolverines hashurt the Fab 5 image more than ever. The fact that Michigan has been onprobation and will not be eligible for the Big Dance for years to comewill mean even less chance for kid's to remember the Fab years.However, for those of you that do remember that era, the Air FlightHuarache is truly a shoe for the ages - possibly a top 10 shoe of alltime in terms of design, inspiration and history

Back
Top Bottom