Nike Air Flight Lite II retro looks to be coming

1635794221096.png

1635794291972.png
1635794273266.png

With the NBA jersey and gear release the 15th is gonna put a hurtin on the wallet

So Nikes gonna do that thing where they bring back a shoe dudes have secretly been dying for out of 20 year retirement only to NOT give you the two most important flavors.. bc that's just too logical.

Nah, they'll bring those colors back as a surprise drop at 3AM on a Sunday so only the resellers eat and now we’re paying 200 over MSRP for a shoe that normally would’ve sat on shelves:angry:

So Nikes gonna do that thing where they bring back a shoe dudes have secretly been dying for out of 20 year retirement only to NOT give you the two most important flavors.. bc that's just too logical.
Patience my friend, I have a feeling out of the wht/red, blk/wht, and Olympic colorway, we’ll get at least 2/3.

Nah, they'll bring those colors back as a surprise drop at 3AM on a Sunday so only the resellers eat and now we’re paying 200 over MSRP for a shoe that normally would’ve sat on shelves:angry:
Patience my friend, I have a feeling out of the wht/red, blk/wht, and Olympic colorway, we’ll get at least 2/3.
I heard from another longtime NT member who should know what he's talking about that the Pips (white/red) are definitely on deck. I believe the Olys as well. Dunno about any others.

SN says this newest one today is an OG colorway.....is that true?
Saw that, too, and had the same reaction. If that's an OG colorway, I sure never saw it and have zero recollection of it.

Alright, this is the one that did it. This was finally bad enough to get me to come out of retro retirement. Hellllll no this is not an original colorway. SN is on their bullsht again. Those dudes baffle me with this stuff. They do absolutely no research and just post whatever then claim it as fact. :rolleyes

KanyIZZY KanyIZZY as far as I've seen it's supposed to be:...
the white/blacks that just released
the white/red Pippen PE
the OG black/white/cardinal Pippens you were asking about
Maybe the black/Neo Teal/Plum OG.

Unfortunately I'm hearing the black Pippens are gonna be tough to get.

That's why those resellers can rot with their pairs that people won't pay over retail for. Bleep them. Crap like that is why I'm getting rid of 90% of my pairs and getting out of the hobby.

Alright, this is the one that did it. This was finally bad enough to get me to come out of retro retirement. Hellllll no this is not an original colorway. SN is on their bullsht again. Those dudes baffle me with this stuff. They do absolutely no research and just post whatever then claim it as fact. :rolleyes

KanyIZZY KanyIZZY as far as I've seen it's supposed to be:...
the white/blacks that just released
the white/red Pippen PE
the OG black/white/cardinal Pippens you were asking about
Maybe the black/Neo Teal/Plum OG.

Unfortunately I'm hearing the black Pippens are gonna be tough to get.
I guess I imagined the Olys were in there lol

Honestly I'd be pretty surprised if many people wanted these. Kind of obscure to the majority of people nowadays. This kind of stuff has been mostly sitting again. Maybe people gravitate to 1 colorway. Even that feels like a stretch unless they simply don't make many.

Honestly I'd be pretty surprised if many people wanted these. Kind of obscure to the majority of people nowadays. This kind of stuff has been mostly sitting again. Maybe people gravitate to 1 colorway. Even that feels like a stretch unless they simply don't make many.
I'll probably get them...nostalgia factor overrides my common sense here...sadly. Ultimately they are a great nod to the 90's and comfy as hell.

file.jpg

Nike-Air-Flight-Lite-Mid-Black-Team-Orange-Imperial-Blue-DQ7687-001-Release-Date.jpg

I mean do you just laugh or cry at these clown shoe molds that Nike thinks is a "faithful replica"?

It looks like they did a similar thing here as they did to the Flight Huarache retros a few years ago. It's like they scaled-down the upper, which necessitated the changes to some of the lines and geometry. That side panel that runs from the heel down to the midsole above the outrigger follows a different path because the entire upper isn't as tall/large.

I assume Nike does this BS because by actually making the shoes "smaller," it means less material is required to create the upper, which logically costs less and increases the profit margin. Or (and this seems less likely) maybe some geniuses at HQ think people today prefer less bulky shoes, and slimming down these old '90s silhouettes will make them more appealing to modern buyers. I doubt that's the case, since models like this are obscure niche ones that only are going to appeal to old folks like some of us in here, in the first place. I have, however, wondered in the past if the Jordan 1 mid didn't come about because Nike planners thought that not a lot of people wanted to wear true '80s-style high tops anymore. I dunno.

My company just hired a new marketing director ... and he comes from Nike where he was apparently one of Kobe's main guys there, and he also led marketing for JB. I haven't even met the dude yet thanks to covid and working from home, but at some point I'm going to get to know him. And do I have questions for him :lol:

Back
Top Bottom