Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by zidane4661

Buying these sneakers aint really much of the hustle when you think about it. Lets do some math ladies and gentleman. For arguements sake, someone lines up on last saturday, and they plan to resell said sneakers for $1200. Thats means there outside for 168 hrs, and thats at a midnight release. so your out there for 120 hours your making $7.14 an hour. Thats really no money to pretend to be homeless, id rather flip burgers. Just my 2 cents

Who the hell works 24hrs a day tho?
People usually have the weekend off and usually work 8 hour shifts, so if we go off of those numbers instead of the unrealistic numbers you chose to use, then they'd be making $37.5 (
laugh.gif
 at what I had there originally) an hour if a midnight release is held. 

And no, I'm not out here camping.

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

Buying these sneakers aint really much of the hustle when you think about it. Lets do some math ladies and gentleman. For arguements sake, someone lines up on last saturday, and they plan to resell said sneakers for $1200. Thats means there outside for 168 hrs, and thats at a midnight release. so your out there for 120 hours your making $7.14 an hour. Thats really no money to pretend to be homeless, id rather flip burgers. Just my 2 cents

People usually have the weekend off and usually work 8 hour shifts, so if we go off of those numbers instead of the unrealistic numbers you chose to use, then they'd be making $37.5 (
laugh.gif

doesn't even make sense though, because they are outside for 24 hours regardless. 
Dude wanna go by 8 hour shifts now with weekends off like the other 16 hours don't matter
laugh.gif

Hoh in Orlando is gonna be crazy. Their building some walkthrough tunnel to get in the store. Supposed to have bron, kobe, and durant out there doing q and a. Cats in the parking lot sleeping in their cars for these foams.

@trapped. so everyone who camps for shoes is uneducated and lazy. your elitist view is elite

i have a college degree and so does my mother, girlfriend and most of my friends, as well they are employed aside from mom dukes who retired after 30+ years of teaching...if a hustle is brought my or their way that i agree with that can make me money and that will not harm anyone directly, SIGN ME UP.

if I go camp, and I dont fight anyone or cause any problems, then MY hustle has not harmed anyone.

if you dont respect somebody's hustle thats on you but it doesnt make you better than them or make them lazy and uneducated.

OT: this is nuts that probably the weakest foamposite aesthetically is causing this uproar...says alot about the 'Game'

Anyone know what it's looking like at the King of Prussia House of Hoops? I'm starting to think that's my only chance of copping these. Don't wanna get there and there already be 30 dudes camped out though.
ohwell.gif

All sneaker heads need to band together and just do the unthinkable.. On release day for jordans or nikes ever body just bum rush the door taking shoes clothes what ever they can find off the racks of stores like FL,FTA,Champs, Niketown. some people will get caught becasuse thats the part of the game, but it will show Nike that we aren't a sneaker community thats going take they BS any more. Soon this stores will get tired of people wrecking up there stores and have serious talk with nike about having enough pairs to satisfy the big crowds that come out to get them.

I may seem like a mad man but Im just getting prepared for armageddon im out yo

Originally Posted by FEETure

@trapped. so everyone who camps for shoes is uneducated and lazy. your elitist view is elite

i have a college degree and so does my mother, girlfriend and most of my friends, as well they are employed aside from mom dukes who retired after 30+ years of teaching...if a hustle is brought my or their way that i agree with that can make me money and that will not harm anyone directly, SIGN ME UP.

if I go camp, and I dont fight anyone or cause any problems, then MY hustle has not harmed anyone.

if you dont respect somebody's hustle thats on you but it doesnt make you better than them or make them lazy and uneducated.

OT: this is nuts that probably the weakest foamposite aesthetically is causing this uproar...says alot about the 'Game'
The vast majority of people who can take off 5 weekdays to camp for a shoe are either a.) uneducated b.) lazy at everything that matters c.) unemployed or d.) all of the above. People with jobs don't, won't, or simply can't take off a week to go sleep on a sidewalk for a shoe. That's reality. Call it elitist, but the reality is responsible people aren't putting life on hold a week to score some gaudy sneakers.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by ohboydanny

laugh.gif

doesn't even make sense though, because they are outside for 24 hours regardless. 
Dude wanna go by 8 hour shifts now with weekends off like the other 16 hours don't matter
laugh.gif

Those other 16 hours would be their free time. Instead of chilling on the couch, they're sitting in line.

Originally Posted by Seuok720

All sneaker heads need to band together and just do the unthinkable.. On release day for jordans or nikes ever body just bum rush the door taking shoes clothes what ever they can find off the racks of stores like FL,FTA,Champs, Niketown. some people will get caught becasuse thats the part of the game, but it will show Nike that we aren't a sneaker community thats going take they BS any more. Soon this stores will get tired of people wrecking up there stores and have serious talk with nike about having enough pairs to satisfy the big crowds that come out to get them.

I may seem like a mad man but Im just getting prepared for armageddon im out yo
This is brilliant. Oh wait... no. No it's not.

I don't know why we just don't assemble at our nearest HoH and cut the line on these fools.... we can do the NT handshake for solidarity, throw stonefaces and forever alone memes at people who give us problems, and tear down their ninjahood tents!

My friend wore these today. I dont know why people like these they are corny looking and look like shoes for kids that light up when you take a step.

I've been collecting since 1997. The game has changed so much its disgusting. Sure you had releases that required camping at 4-5am the most, but for over a week? And the fact that Nike limits them to ramp up the hype for publicity is equally disgusting. I don't see why buying a pair of shoes you like should require extra effort. But you guys seem all too comfortable with this process so nothing will change. Nike can keep these Foams and all subsequent "limited" releases I'm really done.I haven't copped Nikes as often as I used to, but these actually caught my eye and I wanted them. But after seeing all the extra nonsense you have to go thru just to get a pair, I'll pass. Back to my cave. End rant

wow such strong generalizations for people youve never met.

there could be someone out there who has a masters and a week of PTO from a job that they do really well at....but if that person choose to camp they instantly become uneducated, lazy and unemployed. thats crazy.

like i said camping is something i would not do but i cant make a generalization about someone i have never met solely based on one thing that they take part in.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by RiverPhoenix

verysteri otypical wrote:

DEFINITELY this, trapped i continue to agree...
That maybe the best post I've ever read on NikeTalk. (2 chainz voice) DAHYUM!

images

hustle however you can. and don't hate on the next man for his hustle. I swear theres so many haters in this thread salty because they won't get a pair. be mad at the company, the store that allows it. who says you HAVE to pay the reseller?
This hustle mentality is what keeps us in the margins of society. Stop striving for the short term gratification and start thinking for the long term. If your stressed about money hustling shoes is not going to fix your problem. Find your passion and turn it into a career. If you answer is Kicks then maybe start an online shoe store or a local consignment shop. Look into opening a Nike account. Its sad that some people call what I'm saying "hating" when in fact they are the ones who are the haters by perpetuating this reckless kind of behavior. Think about it.
Tried, you cried, you shouted, you pouted
But I told ya - you should thought about it

Originally Posted by Nron

Hoh in Orlando is gonna be crazy. Their building some walkthrough tunnel to get in the store. Supposed to have bron, kobe, and durant out there doing q and a. Cats in the parking lot sleeping in their cars for these foams.

I heard they had a restock on the concords too

I can never give celebs/athletes props for having SHOES early
laugh.gif
.... Like show me a Bugatti or Ferarri or something.

Ninja's is salty since Nike closed the door on us. It's over, we need to move on. Good luck to whomever gets them

I am a teacher in New York City and we have this week off, so I or any of my teaching friends could wait on line. We're getting a paid week off and we have college degrees, but lets be real... it is not an efficient use of our time and it is fair to make the generalization that most of the people waiting in line are not working and have no way of making real money money consistently. That's what generalizations are... they don't account for every single person, but they represent a statistically significant majority.

I would be embarrassed to be camping and being in line with one of my students.

Back
Top Bottom