Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

laugh.gif
i heard that whole release was shady my dude
30t6p3b.gif
cats wilin WOW!

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

This was a true re-stock. There were 100 pairs. If you don't know who manages Mercer now, you don't know what you're talking about. Talking about people getting fired...you don't know a damn thing.
I know the managers but i also know their boss. What he said was that this was the stock from allstar weekend. Not a restock just the pairs that got pulled. They were suppose to release the same day as the yellow foams but got pulled.

as i have been saying for years

buying and selling sneakers is a very selfish hobby

if you dont have any type of hook up your assout 

This was a true re-stock. There were 100 pairs. If you don't know who manages Mercer now, you don't know what you're talking about. Talking about people getting fired...you don't know a damn thing.

Lol true restock? Of course friends of the store are gonna defend them. I'll defend all my spots too but don't tell me 100 pairs were sold to all walk ins because there is no way you are going to tell me that everyone who walked in that day just so happened to be a reseller and an "influencer".

The store knew what they were going to do for days and the majority of the stock was already accounted for before doors even opened. I wont put names out there but something like this wouldn't have had "sneaker media" coverage if it was so random.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

100%. Honestly had to stop hooking up friends after I would give them the info to get a shoe at retail and the next day they're flipping it for double the $ after giving me this long story about how much they wanted the sneaker.

Only so many good people left who actually want sneakers and not the extra money you can get by flipping.

60% Of the people waiting for shoes are small time "resellers" who need to get a job. The other 40% are guys who really want the shoe and are doing their best to get in front of that 60% on line. Theres no reason a 16year old kid should give up 2 days of school because he really wants a sneaker and doesn't want to spend an extra 100$ to get it.

Originally Posted by kingofny04

100%. Honestly had to stop hooking up friends after I would give them the info to get a shoe at retail and the next day they're flipping it for double the $ after giving me this long story about how much they wanted the sneaker.

Only so many good people left who actually want sneakers and not the extra money you can get by flipping.

60% Of the people waiting for shoes are small time "resellers" who need to get a job. The other 40% are guys who really want the shoe and are doing their best to get in front of that 60% on line. Theres no reason a 16year old kid should give up 2 days of school because he really wants a sneaker and doesn't want to spend an extra 100$ to get it.
QFT
2 PEOPLE TOLD ME ABOUT THE FOAMS  AFTER THE RELEASE 

I ASKED THEM WHY YOU AINT CALL ME 

BLAH BLAH BLAH 

I AM DONE HOOKING PEOPLE UP MYSELF 

Lol true restock? Of course friends of the store are gonna defend them. I'll defend all my spots too but don't tell me 100 pairs were sold to all walk ins because there is no way you are going to tell me that everyone who walked in that day just so happened to be a reseller and an "influencer". 

The store knew what they were going to do for days and the majority of the stock was already accounted for before doors even opened. I wont put names out there but something like this wouldn't have had "sneaker media" coverage if it was so random.
this. if you weren't friends of the workers, paying the workers (yes, they ALSO get paid "off the books" money to divulge inventory and release info to known resellers just like certain HOH's used to and some still are in the more lowkey branches), on their VIP list, or on Nike's influential list....you weren't getting them.

and all of this.

I'm glad i'm putting this sneaker culture behind me, i can't keep up with none of this BS anymore...and although i love this site, the reality is that we're to blame for starting this craziness.

Just found out i'm going to be a father, about to hit 30 in the fall, and i'll be damned if i continue to take part in this corporate-facilitated madness.

switching to the spectator position and if real friends can hook me up with a shoe i like...so be it....but discounts or free is how i'll be picking up anything from now on.

#$%+ all that camping 96 hours and dealing with all kinds of BS just to pay full retail price like they're doing you a favor by selling you a shoe.....and then have to get others to come with you to get 2nd and 3rd pairs to flip so your pair is cheaper?

i'm good on that.

Honestly,

that store is A JOKE. It's completely mind boggling to me that Nike continues to let a supposed flagship store like Mercer get away with this type of stuff.

Go ahead and tell me how shoe store employees hook up their friends, and everyone else would too, and how all Nike cares about is the dollars spent.

That's all true, but there is NO question that something should be done about the TERRIBLE business practices that Mercer exhibits on a regular basis. Whether a mom and pop shop or a global monster like Nike, there's a right way to do business and a wrong way.

And no I don't own Galaxy foams and no I'm not "salty" or "mad" that I missed out. I just care about the general theory of there being a right way and a wrong way to do business. Pattas, Parras, Galaxies, etc.....C'mon....

Celebs copping pairs from Mercer of a shoe that, to the general public's knowledge, didn't even release? Child please. For that, call the store what it is and rename Mercer some type of exclusive spot that the general public doesn't even have access to.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not saying the average Joe off the street who's looking for a pair of Galaxies deserves a hand out (I've seen a lot of fools expecting things they don't deserve), you do need to make connections to "survive" these days, for lack of a better term, but that's a different conversation altogether.

it all started with 255...it was bound to get to this point.
and the celebrities and popular VIPs don't pay a dime for their shoes from Mercer. that's a fact.

they give them the shoes, and 75% of the time....they're approved to do so from the corporate level.

whatever is left over is either going to the employees personal collections, their friends, flightclub inventory, or other resellers.

Kaws 90's, Dizzee Rascals, Drury Silent Listeners, Black Pattas, Purple Pattas, HTM2's, Flyknits, etc are just SOME of the shoes....it's not going to stop unless Nike decides so....it'd have to take some seriously bad press revolving around the store for them to change anything and even then....they'd just replace the system in place with a much more discreet one. Mercer is Nike's baby.....they love it.

My homie used to work at Mercer back in '08 and left the job because of all the shady behavior going on and he told me that a lot of the BS comes from corporate and if it doesn't....as long as it works in the end....they don't care. 

and my other source of info on Mercer is from a current VIP who can walk in and walk out with as much as 10 pairs and maybe even more, in any size, at any given moment without paying a dime.

Mercer is a joke, you either gotta be real cool with one of em or be there an hour before they open to get what u want, real shady place and its crazy how they call themselves a flagship store

Facts:

-It wasn't a re-stock at all, it was the held shipment from all star break
-A certain NT'er is responsible for this happening like this

Like I said, if you don't know the manager, you don't know what you're talking about. It was handled it in a way that really had no other way - had they announced it 10 minutes before store opening, 500 people would've rolled up by opening time, and the crowd would've continued to pile up. It was the best way to receive them and get rid of them without creating another mass crowd. If you think all the pairs went to VIPs or whatnot...you coulda copped an hour and a half after store opening.

Everyone swears they know everything......
its simple, this is the original amount 21 mercer was going to sell on allstar weekend, it didnt get sold for obvious reasons, they held the stock down & released them yesterday @ 11am.

NO THE STOCK WASN'T ACCOUNTED FOR BEFORE HAND, THEY SOLD THE SHOES TO ANYONE THAT WALKED IN AT THE RIGHT TIME, MY FRIEND HAD A HEADS UP THAT THE SHOES WERE GOING TO BE SOLD THE NIGHT BEFORE AND I MISSED THE PHONE CALL YESTERDAY MORNING @ 9:54am because i was in the shower (sorry for yelling). the shoes sold out in a hr and thats the end of the story, anyone stating otherwise is complete BS.

To add insult to injury, my friend scored 2 pairs & put my size 12 in FC instead of giving them to me, so if theres anyone that should be disappointed it should be me. 

end of rant

Like I said, if you don't know the manager, you don't know what you're talking about. It was handled it in a way that really had no other way - had they announced it 10 minutes before store opening, 500 people would've rolled up by opening time, and the crowd would've continued to pile up. It was the best way to receive them and get rid of them without creating another mass crowd. If you think all the pairs went to VIPs or whatnot...you coulda copped an hour and a half after store opening.

Bro I can't discredit that they went about not promoting it correctly but it wasn't 100% legit. If you're going to just put up a shoe and let the first people who come in get it that's one thing. But once you've given your homies the heads up and allow them to know whats going down you've already done shady business. And if you are going by the time Mercer sent that tweet please get your facts straight. The last pair might have not been sold until an hour and half after the store opening but that doesnt mean anyone was just walking in to get them at that time. There was a line and only certain individuals were getting that right after a certain point.

Nike wants to run their version of a high end boutique and have all these names glorify the store to get it more press but they're only hurting themselves when stuff like this happens.

This is coming from someone who interacts with influencers, sneaker shops and brands on a DAILY BASIS. Your boy whose a manager might be on the books but if thats the case he clearly is not in the know about all the "sneaker politics" that surround that store.

I wont put anyone on blast but I can name you at least 10 people who can skip an entire camp out and walk into that store and get what they want no matter how long anyone has been waiting or no matter what number someone else is on line.

Theres different ways to please the right people AKA ship them their shoes. Them appearing at your store is great but not when its at the cost of someone not getting their sneaker.

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

Everyone swears they know everything......
its simple, this is the original amount 21 mercer was going to sell on allstar weekend, it didnt get sold for obvious reasons, they held the stock down & released them yesterday @ 11am.

NO THE STOCK WASN'T ACCOUNTED FOR BEFORE HAND, THEY SOLD THE SHOES TO ANYONE THAT WALKED IN AT THE RIGHT TIME, MY FRIEND HAD A HEADS UP THAT THE SHOES WERE GOING TO BE SOLD THE NIGHT BEFORE AND I MISSED THE PHONE CALL YESTERDAY MORNING @ 9:54am because i was in the shower (sorry for yelling). the shoes sold out in a hr and thats the end of the story, anyone stating otherwise is complete BS.

To add insult to injury, my friend scored 2 pairs & put my size 12 in FC instead of giving them to me, so if theres anyone that should be disappointed it should be me. 

end of rant

So Mercer sells an average of 100 shoes every random week day within the first hour and a half of opening? Dont think so. Especially with no release going on. My point is that people knew what was going down. Several workers accounted for you to show up and get your pair. You not showing up is on you but the "select" employees did their part by giving, selling info.

so no one remembers how their VIPs were walking out the store with multiple pairs during the week before they dropped them via wristbands? c'mon 
laugh.gif

and dudes finding out about the release 12 hours before they even publish the tweet about how they sold out....meanwhile all their release information is ONLY given out via twitter? 
eyes.gif

i swear, if it wasn't for my homies and Fam members being good folk at the mercy of their own hookups...i'd straight put their whole $#!t on blast.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

so no one remembers how their VIPs were walking out the store with multiple pairs during the week before they dropped them via wristbands? c'mon 
laugh.gif

and dudes finding out about the release 12 hours before they even publish the tweet about how they sold out....meanwhile all their release information is ONLY given out via twitter? 
eyes.gif

i swear, if it wasn't for my homies and Fam members being good folk at the mercy of their own hookups...i'd straight put their whole $#!t on blast.

QFT. Im not going to knock anyone's hustle whose in the in, by all means continue to do you. I just wanted it to be known that everyone who got a pair yesterday did not land them by chance.

Same type of release for the yeezys watch... Who said they did not sell their stock during allstar week? I got mine from there. LiKE i said before it was a stealth drop this is y the nike security was there and not the rent a cops that r usually there

Back
Top Bottom