Nike Air Foamposite Pro "Crimson"

They've been priced at $1100 for months, apparently people are hungry for a blacked out foamposite one from 5 years ago.

My take on the whole camping/safety issue is simple, stop having release dates. Let stores sell the shoes right when they get their shipment in and don't put out a public release date. In addition to this, do a restock or two so everyone gets multiple chances. I can pretty much guarantee you that this would cut out 90% of the BS we hate about releases. However, Nike would never do this because these release dates create a buzz behind the shoe and it keeps people on social networks talking about them, which causes more and more people to buy the shoe based on that alone. Can you imagine a world where you don't need to get up just to wait in a line, or even camp out on your computer? Nike servers wouldn't crash because a million people wouldn't all be trying to buy the shoes at the same time and with restocks you could just walk into your shoe store whenever and pick up your shoe or even stock locate it if you needed to.

My take on the whole camping/safety issue is simple, stop having release dates. Let stores sell the shoes right when they get their shipment in and don't put out a public release date. In addition to this, do a restock or two so everyone gets multiple chances. I can pretty much guarantee you that this would cut out 90% of the BS we hate about releases. However, Nike would never do this because these release dates create a buzz behind the shoe and it keeps people on social networks talking about them, which causes more and more people to buy the shoe based on that alone. Can you imagine a world where you don't need to get up just to wait in a line, or even camp out on your computer? Nike servers wouldn't crash because a million people wouldn't all be trying to buy the shoes at the same time and with restocks you could just walk into your shoe store whenever and pick up your shoe or even stock locate it if you needed to.
I agree with this. People just being able to get shoes whenever would be great, but like you said business is business and Nike is about a dollar at the end of the day. Regardless of how many people get hurt or miss out on something that should be available to everybody, money is money.

I agree with this. People just being able to get shoes whenever would be great, but like you said business is business and Nike is about a dollar at the end of the day. Regardless of how many people get hurt or miss out on something that should be available to everybody, money is money.

i believe it could work if they just said the month they release and not the specific day thats a way to create a buzz the only thing about

i believe it could work if they just said the month they release and not the specific day thats a way to create a buzz the only thing about

Exactly, every blog would still have a "_____ arriving at retailers now" post. People would still have a general idea when stuff is coming and when to plan, but this would eliminate camping and a lot of the danger and headaches that come along with releases.

Anyone know of any other sites / retailers out there selling the Crimson Foams for at / near retail? (not looking to break $275, ideally) - hoping for a restock regardless.

Thanks in advance as always...

Kind of regret not trying to get these when they dropped online. Seen them in person and they look pretty :pimp:

lesson here is: use credit/debit cards because if they steal those all they can do is buy food with your card and you can just cancel the card before any real purchases are made.

Can't work. A lot of people are young, and then you have others with bad or no credit.

lesson here is: use credit/debit cards because if they steal those all they can do is buy food with your card and you can just cancel the card before any real purchases are made.

Can't work. A lot of people are young, and then you have others with bad or no credit.

On top of that, a lot of people aren't buying these shoes with their own money. Mommy and daddy gives a lot of people the money to buy these shoes. Last I checked, they checked ID for credit/debit card purchases at shoe stores.

The resell prices in my area for these isn't even OD but I'm not paying a dime over 250 for these...

Sad thing is, all I was asking dudes in my area locally was 250 meet up and they were either flaking or trying to have me drive to them.
so you sold them already? or you never had them?

Yeah, sold em since they were 1.5-2 sizes too big.

On top of that, a lot of people aren't buying these shoes with their own money. Mommy and daddy gives a lot of people the money to buy these shoes. Last I checked, they checked ID for credit/debit card purchases at shoe stores.
Yeah, sold em since they were 1.5-2 sizes too big.
you shoulda swapped them with some1. Did you notice a color defect on your pair? im feeling like im the only person who had one, even the new ones i got have a little color problem but its not super noticable for a $240 pair of shoe

lets try this again:

the kid did not die because he was buying foams
the kid died because he was standing in line defenseless with cash in his pocket

RULE #1 : DO NOT STAND IN LINE WITH CASH IN YOUR POCKET, DEBIT CARD OR CREDIT CARD ONLY

i personally bring two cards , one that works and one that doesn't , ive been robbed before and i offered up the card that didn't work and give a fake pin
while the card that works is hiding under the sole of my shoe ..... when you stand in line you are like a row of vulnerable ducks , dont ever tell a guy with a gun NO unless you are ready to meet your maker and dont stand in line if you dont have a debit card

RULE #2 Get a Concealed Weapons License, proper training, and protect yourself....As long as your state allows that....

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of you dudes talking about staying strapped ever had a gun pulled on you? Any of you dudes ever fired a shot outside of a gun range or backyard?

Again, if you ain't built for that life (and, why should you be?), having a gun on you will only increase the likelihood of you getting shot by a real deal stick up kid.

I'm no tough guy - I'm a square nowadays, and proud of it. But, I did grow up in NYC in the pre-gentrification era.I did my share of dirt when I was a hard headed youngin too. And, let me tell you - it all sounds really easy. Get a permit, strap up, defend yourself, etc. But, when the theoretical becomes reality, and you've got a dude who you know has done multiple bids before pull out on you, you're pretty much only going to do one thing, and that's give up the goods. Even if you have heat. Do you want to get into a shootout?

The dudes on this strap up stuff, tell me how an interaction would go -

So, you're on line or leaving the store. Somebody gets the drop on you. Approaches and pulls out, demanding your cash/shoes/whatever. What happens next? And, how does the interaction change because you have a gun?

Do you pull out? What happens when you do?

Which of these options is more likely?

A. Dude sees you reach and licks off. You're shot now. And, likely still robbed.
B. Dude sees that you have a gun, and says, "My bad, I didn't realize you had heat. Look at that we're gun brothers!!" Then you guys look at each other, shrug, share a laugh and go your separate ways.

I don't understand how you expect this "protect yourself" charade to actually work.

Multiple hours of training in real life scenarios....check

I was robbed at gun point for my huffy bike when I was 13.....check

Properly licensed through the state of Florida to conceal carry.....check

So in cases where the person legally carrying is properly trained to handle a firearm in and out of need for it.....again yup sounds good.

My friend was coming out to his truck to go home around 3am four years ago and confronted a guy robbing his truck. The guy attempted to pull out a 9mm glock and shoot my friend. He protected himself with a .40 cal springfield. Saved his life. Went home to his kids and family. So yet again it seems as a yes. Properly carrying a concealed weapon saved his life....

Also in the case of the 19yr old....Didn't he give up the money and still get shot?

Do you think that "multiple hours of training in real life scenarios" is the norm?

People act like acting quickly, responsibly, and definitively when at gunpoint is a given. And, they act as if shooting somebody is no big deal either.

Your friend saved his life... but he also initiated a violent situation where one didn't previously exist. He could have also called the police and reported the incident and never risked his life in the first place. You say that he saved his life and went back to his wife and kids, but he also chose to endanger his own life over a material possession (albeit a very valuable and important one) when he has a family at home. ...Did he have theft insurance on his car? Again, it all worked out okay for him (thankfully) in this case, but was it even a wise risk to take? At the end of the day, he risked his life in a way he would not have had he not had a gun.

And, yes, of course, there are instances when the victim complies and still gets shot. But, this discussion isn't about anecdotes - the 19 yo old, your friend, me or you - it's about increasing the odds of coming out of a situation safely. Having a gun may work in some cases - I will not argue that - but I'm unconvinced it improves those odds in the aggregate.

The other aspect to consider is what happens even if you successfully defend yourself. Most likely, there will be an investigation of some sort. So, even if you are eventually cleared of any charges, you go through a major hassle and ordeal. In a sense, that's the best case scenario. Worse, the narrative of what happened is murky or contested. Perhaps you're actually charged. Perhaps there's doubt whether your scenario fits within the "Self-defense" clause. Perhaps you have to hire a lawyer to get off and you wind up out way more money than you would have been in the first place. Perhaps, you don't get exonerated. Perhaps in the process of the investigation, you incriminate yourself regarding something else.

Maybe the person you shoot gets away and plots to get you back.

You sound like a responsible dude and all, so I'm not trying to attack you individually here. I'm just trying to give people a larger landscape of associated scenarios to consider when forming their opinion on this issue.

Even if you successfully defend yourself against a "goon" and get out of that situation without being harmed or robbed, there are number of chains of events that firing one shot could start that would lead to worse outcomes than being out a couple hundred bucks or a pair of shoes.

Do you think that "multiple hours of training in real life scenarios" is the norm?
People act like acting quickly, responsibly, and definitively when at gunpoint is a given. And, they act as if shooting somebody is no big deal either.
Your friend saved his life... but he also initiated a violent situation where one didn't previously exist.
The guy attempted to pull out the gun and shoot him. He got to his first and ended that. Come on my dude... He didn't noticed the guy until he was right near his truck.
He could have also called the police and reported the incident and never risked his life in the first place. You say that he saved his life and went back to his wife and kids, but he also chose to endanger his own life over a material possession (albeit a very valuable and important one) when he has a family at home. ...Did he have theft insurance on his car? Again, it all worked out okay for him (thankfully) in this case, but was it even a wise risk to take? At the end of the day, he risked his life in a way he would not have had he not had a gun.
And, yes, of course, there are instances when the victim complies and still gets shot. But, this discussion isn't about anecdotes - the 19 yo old, your friend, me or you - it's about increasing the odds of coming out of a situation safely. Having a gun may work in some cases - I will not argue that - but I'm unconvinced it improves those odds in the aggregate.
The other aspect to consider is what happens even if you successfully defend yourself. Most likely, there will be an investigation of some sort. So, even if you are eventually cleared of any charges, you go through a major hassle and ordeal. In a sense, that's the best case scenario. Worse, the narrative of what happened is murky or contested. Perhaps you're actually charged. Perhaps there's doubt whether your scenario fits within the "Self-defense" clause. Perhaps you have to hire a lawyer to get off and you wind up out way more money than you would have been in the first place. Perhaps, you don't get exonerated. Perhaps in the process of the investigation, you incriminate yourself regarding something else.
Maybe the person you shoot gets away and plots to get you back.
You sound like a responsible dude and all, so I'm not trying to attack you individually here. I'm just trying to give people a larger landscape of associated scenarios to consider when forming their opinion on this issue.
Even if you successfully defend yourself against a "goon" and get out of that situation without being harmed or robbed, there are number of chains of events that firing one shot could start that would lead to worse outcomes than being out a couple hundred bucks or a pair of shoes.
Respect

I agree about the money. I'm just stating that not all scenarios end with give up the cash/items and go on your way....That's all.

Anyone who wants to conceal carry should ALWAYS get proper training before carrying a weapon. That should be the law and the nrom. Even though it is not...
mean.gif

I really didn't find these foams a must have or anything. It's the only foam release I skipped this year. kinda crazy that it happened over these and not the Galaxies. Also hopefully not once people start to wear the Paranomans out and about...

Every time I goto checkout, it gives me an error.

I know my card(s) (I've tried both now) are good (not at any limit) so I'm not sure what's going on? Maybe they're soldout and that's the way of declining me? smh
did u paypal cause its in canada

Back
Top Bottom