Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
My same reaction [emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji]

This is insane, sure Jordan 1s last a long time but no Jordan 1 except DS (1985 and 1994) should be $600 or over.  How I see it (at least):

Banneds: $350-375

Royals: $300-350

Breds: $275

Black and Whites: $200-210

My opinion

thats about right, but these stupid *** resellers are greedy for sizes 11-12. never saw them go ds for $3-400

Last edited by a moderator:
Very little I expect a refund from all 3
Yup, sad truth. Only one Footlocker in SF is getting these and the other is in Daly City but that HOH is rigged. Online it is then 
frown.gif

Does the "Chicago" nickname drive anyone else nuts for these?

Y'all see those wht,red, & blk jordan 1 joints that are dropping?

Oh, they releasing again? Ima grab a pair. He wore those in the 85 dunk contest right?...

Nah, not those. The wht, red, & black!

But those have white on the midsole, no? Ooh you mean the wht, red, and black joints! Yeah I beat my BMP pair to the ground.

Nah, the other wht, red, & black ones.

Oh the ones he wore in his rookie year?

Yes!

:lol:

I just don't understand why JB didn't make these a mass gr
My theory and just my theory...

They are mass produced, but they only allocate a certain amount to give the appearance of them being somewhat "limited" to build hype for us consumers to believe there are so little made and creating the "I need" mentality.

Reason for my theory is, how can you explain random restocks months later, or even almost a year later?

Just my theory, though. Open to criticism or better clarification.[emoji]128077[/emoji]

Last edited:

They are mass produced, but they only allocate a certain amount to give the appearance of them being somewhat "limited" to build hype for us consumers to believe there are so little made and creating the "I need" mentality. If not, why make too much of something if no one will want it? The profit margin will be breaking even, or even in the red causing losses.

Reason for my theory is, how can you explain random restocks months later, or even almost a year later?

Just my theory, though. Open to criticism or better clarification.[emoji]128077[/emoji]
Your theory is just plain turrrrrrrble on every imaginable front

They are mass produced, but they only allocate a certain amount to give the appearance of them being somewhat "limited" to build hype for us consumers to believe there are so little made and creating the "I need" mentality. If not, why make too much of something if no one will want it? The profit margin will be breaking even, or even in the red causing losses.

I feel the same way. We have to remember that Nike doesnt toss "defective pairs" (B Grades) and releases them at the outlets sometimes (Black Toes).

Your theory is just plain turrrrrrrble on every imaginable front
How so? And remember, it was just my theory.
Like I said, every front. If you can't understand why there's restocks at the end of Nike's financial year, you can't even begin to grasp the rest of it. And you don't even seem to understand that we're talking about ONE model out of a dozen that get retro'd every year (for 3 years now... and really 21 years if you want to be honest about it)

Like I said, every front. If you can't understand why there's restocks at the end of Nike's financial year, you can't even begin to grasp the rest of it. And you don't even seem to understand that we're talking about ONE model out of a dozen that get retro'd every year (for 3 years now... and really 21 years if you want to be honest about it)
That's why I mentioned restocks :lol:

As long as they're pre-sellers and resellers around, these or any 11s and any other popular Jordan will sell out in less than an hour online. Us sneakerheads have to make a conscious effort..to not pay these pre-sale and resale prices..EVEN IF IT MEANS NOT GETTING YOU'RE PAIR AT ALL. We must vanquish the market completely of these pocket poachers. It shouldn't be about you getting your pair at any cost..it really shouldn't...cuz they feed off of our nervousness..anxieties and desperation.

rightly said they been feeding off us

As long as they're pre-sellers and resellers around, these or any 11s and any other popular Jordan will sell out in less than an hour online. Us sneakerheads have to make a conscious effort..to not pay these pre-sale and resale prices..EVEN IF IT MEANS NOT GETTING YOU'RE PAIR AT ALL. We must vanquish the market completely of these pocket poachers. It shouldn't be about you getting your pair at any cost..it really shouldn't...cuz they feed off of our nervousness..anxieties and desperation.
Yeah, band together cause Nike purposely limits these OG 1's! Can't take any of that talk seriously at this point. Nike creates this situation based on their production decisions and releases they use to keep their low-cost marketing hype machine going. 2015 has made it painfully clear that short-term resellers/flippers don't have much to gain if Nike sets the pricers higher or better meets demand. So I really don't want to hear about "doing my part" when all that means is taking an L on the first retro I ever owned and my favorite Jordan model. Not one dude on here ever wants to hold Nike accountable.

cant take any of this serious, why are there middlemen making money off of regular consumers that have the ability to buy shoes for retail? why do these "opportunists" dry up the supply before the rest of the general population have a chance to buy them? are the general population handicapped? they dont have enough "money" to buy a pair for msrp? so the reseller has to charge more for his "service"? answer that. aint no need for that, what makes resellers so damn special? they giving you something back?

how can we blame nike when they only make so many pairs based on general demand research? if they want to make more or less its up to them, but the reseller makes it so much more harder for normal consumers. if nike makes 10 pairs of these and there are no resellers then we have the right to ***** and complain

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom