Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I have 100+ wears on my 2016 pair, absolutely no yellowing of the netting. However, my 2012 pair aged very quickly

That's because that pair was trash! I'm glad I unloaded mine before the og release. Paint started chipping after a few wears on those.

Really? I worn my 2012's into the ground . Little to no paint chipping, that's what I loved about them. That leather was super stiff though. They were also kinda uncomfortable.

That's because that pair was trash! I'm glad I unloaded mine before the og release. Paint started chipping after a few wears on those.

I woudnt say its trash.

The only thing bad about them is the supers stiff leatber.

Cant relate to the the paint chipping..been wearing mine since release and nothing yet

I have 100+ wears on my 2016 pair, absolutely no yellowing of the netting. However, my 2012 pair aged very quickly
Wish I knew how you managed that. The pair I've worn less than 20 times is yellowing. DS pair in my closet is not. Surprised it's happening with so little time on-foot, and it's not like I leave them sitting in the sun, ever. I hoped the fact they stopped gluing the netting to the mesh behind it would stop this issue, but I guess not. Ah well, gives them a truly vintage look I guess. 

Been wearing mine into the ground and to me, personally, out of all the remastered retros, this has to be the best in terms of leather quality and construction so much so that I'm contemplating doubling up. Prices are still surprisingly reasonable on sites like Stockx.

Been wearing mine into the ground and to me, personally, out of all the remastered retros, this has to be the best in terms of leather quality and construction so much so that I'm contemplating doubling up. Prices are still surprisingly reasonable on sites like Stockx.

I'm sure there's better remastered retros as far as quality, but it's just one of the best Jordan CWs ever.

I'm sure there's better remastered retros as far as quality, but it's just one of the best Jordan CWs ever.
Quality was all over the place. I bought 4 pairs. Out of 4 , only 1 was absolutely perfect. The other 3 looked like it was made somewhere else. Even the leather was different on them. Mind you my pairs came from NIKE, Footlocker, Eastbay, and Footaction.. FYI footaction was the keeper. If you got a perfect pair, the quality is one of the best pairs of 2016 hands down. But 1 out of 4 seemed sloppy to me.

Mine have that vintage look to them when the patch and laces have that off white look. I see some people's 4s still look like they came out the box.

Quality was all over the place. I bought 4 pairs. Out of 4 , only 1 was absolutely perfect. The other 3 looked like it was made somewhere else. Even the leather was different on them. Mind you my pairs came from NIKE, Footlocker, Eastbay, and Footaction.. FYI footaction was the keeper. If you got a perfect pair, the quality is one of the best pairs of 2016 hands down. But 1 out of 4 seemed sloppy to me.

I would like to double up or least get a cleaner pair than the ones I bought on EBay. Prices have jumped up since tax return time.

Wish I knew how you managed that. The pair I've worn less than 20 times is yellowing. DS pair in my closet is not. Surprised it's happening with so little time on-foot, and it's not like I leave them sitting in the sun, ever. I hoped the fact they stopped gluing the netting to the mesh behind it would stop this issue, but I guess not. Ah well, gives them a truly vintage look I guess.

I've worn my first pair to the ground two years in a row in the Oregon rain, and it still hasn't yellowed, but I know our climate also is great for storing shoes.

I would like to double up or least get a cleaner pair than the ones I bought on EBay. Prices have jumped up since tax return time.
You know the price on those pairs that are nice are probably bad quality pairs.... May not be a bad idea if it will be your wear pair. But I think most people that got good pairs are sitting on them or they are selling for the high. I unloaded my bad quality pairs with the quickness. I couldnt stand looking at them - they were that bad - and Im not usually the type that nitpicks..

But if you see a steal.. Id probably pull the trigger as well.. Good luck though.. Saw a bunch of pairs going for 310-350.. Which is the same price I sold my "off pairs" near release day.. Prices arent great but not horrible. Worth it if your able to grab a nice pair.

I've worn my first pair to the ground two years in a row in the Oregon rain, and it still hasn't yellowed, but I know our climate also is great for storing shoes.

Interesting. The pair I've worn that is yellowing isn't horrible, I am just a bit surprised it's happening at all given how many times I've worn them. I live in SoCal and keep the temperature in my place at a consistent 70-75 degrees, and I never left this pair sitting in bright sunlight when not wearing them. Doesn't really matter much to me, though.

So am I the only one who is experiencing clicking coming from the front ball of the foot area of both shoes? These are my GOAT, but the clicking is killing me and reducing my desire to wear them ...SMH.....

So am I the only one who is experiencing clicking coming from the front ball of the foot area of both shoes? These are my GOAT, but the clicking is killing me and reducing my desire to wear them ...SMH.....

Baby powder under the insole might fix it

Potentially, but it's not your typical squeak, but a click. These insoles are super glued down though, so I've been hesitating lifting them.....

I've broken my pair in pretty well and haven't experienced this. What is clicking exactly? Something bouncing around? something flapping?

I've broken my pair in pretty well and haven't experienced this. What is clicking exactly? Something bouncing around? something flapping?

I'm not sure. Maybe the front air unit isn't fully glued down. It's odd. I've had squeaking with other shoes, but never clicking. At first I thought I had a pebble stuck in the tread; it's a sound like that, or like the shoe laces clanking on the shoe when you walk, but it's definitely coming from inside the front ball area of the foot. I've probably only worn them less than 10 times, so maybe it'll resolve itself if I wear them more...seems unlikely, but you never know.

Last edited:
For those with multiple pairs of this shoe, is there leather inconsistencies between the pairs?

For those with multiple pairs of this shoe, is there leather inconsistencies between the pairs?
Yes. Extreme invonsistencies , imo. Bought 4 pairs. 3 pairs were crap leather. Got rid of all of those. Leather was cut very thin, you could tell each pair had a different type of leather on them.

Got one pair that has premo butter leather. Almost looks like they were made in different factories if you ask me. My pair from Nike was the worst... My footaction pair is a keeper.

Just compared to other pair I had(sold a fairly worn pair for a cleaner pair), the toe box leather varies from stiff to soft.

Newer pair seems better quality overall, but even then, the right foot seems softer/more creased compared to the left foot. Same applied to the worn pair.

Back
Top Bottom