Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

You live long enough, you see it all. After a billion years of virtually every sneaker lover and NTer trying to keep their shoes clean, and finding ways to restore beat pairs, now we have a company selling a product called "sneaker stainer" so you can purposely jack up your shoes immediately :lol:

In fairness, I actually like the way a lot of them look in terms of an art project. But no way I'd do that to my own shoes, or pay someone to do it.

Those wcs actually look a lot better than any of the pairs that age naturally. That yellow midsole is everything. The netting alone looks horrible.
I like the way the sole looks. While I can relate on the netting, I still like how it came out. The "I like when my shoes age with me" speech is true to some extent but you'll never get to wear shoes with such a yellowed sole cause that means they're already decaying. So, when you like the look -how the yellow accents contrast with the white leather upper- it makes sense you'd want to custom your pair.

You live long enough, you see it all. After a billion years of virtually every sneaker lover and NTer trying to keep their shoes clean, and finding ways to restore beat pairs, now we have a company selling a product called "sneaker stainer" so you can purposely jack up your shoes immediately :lol:

In fairness, I actually like the way a lot of them look in terms of an art project. But no way I'd do that to my own shoes, or pay someone to do it.

Yeah that’s a no go for me and I don’t like the way that they look.

What do I look like paying someone to make my shoes look like they’re about to crumble?:rolleyes

Nah... They yellow WAY b4 they're decaying and unwearable especially if you're actually wearing them and not keeping them DS for years on end.

Vintage available but will buy something new to imitate vintage?
Ohhh the reasons i dont fit into modern society.
Never understood the vintage offwhite whatever craze its all tacky as hell to me.

Nah... They yellow WAY b4 they're decaying and unwearable especially if you're actually wearing them and not keeping them DS for years on end.
I've never seen such a smooth patina even on well-worn to beaten shoes, but that's probably out of not paying enough attention. I'll look into it.

IMG_20211007_140934709.jpg
IMG_20211007_140814340_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211007_140612093_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211007_140557110.jpg

Funny, I just sold my second pair of those in about the same condition for $350. Just became less enamored of them due to the shortcomings of that retro (other than the colorway which is my favorite IV other than playoffs).

Can always find deals with patience and timing. Saw a 11 in same condition for $300 locally.

Short comings ?

2016 was butter

Facts was decently comfortable and an eye catcher and a very proper retro. Sad I sold mines but I hope next retro they do dome adjustments to the shape, heel tab and FINALLY raise the shoe 1/4 higher like OG and 99s
🤣 No they weren’t. Bad shape, square toes, improper proportions to the toe rand, and they’re practically a freaking low top. But I’ll page M marztharealist and let him really get into it if you guys want to argue the point further LOL
Oh, not to mention the netting turns piss yellow with practically any normal wear.

Facts was decently comfortable and an eye catcher and a very proper retro. Sad I sold mines but I hope next retro they do dome adjustments to the shape, heel tab and FINALLY raise the shoe 1/4 higher like OG and 99s

Yes to all of this. Would never want to be without them; not like these were like the 2012s. Lots of great nostalgia wearing these frequently and glad to have them, and hope to get a fresh pair when they ultimately re-release.

Back
Top Bottom