Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

No chance at all.

No way they drop these in 2016, Do The Right Thing F&F in 2017, Black Cement this year, then drop these again.

Last edited:
The Air Jordan 4 OG Restoration Situation:

The situation starts with my friend (that's a girl) we've been through a lot. Brought her soup when she was sick, been emotional support, and overall trying to be a good person to her. Even though sometimes she was standoffish, I was patient with her and always told her I would be her friend no matter what (I did have feelings for her but put them aside for her happiness). One day she told me about this shoe consignment store that also had a restoration section. I told her about my 4s and how they had scratches, speckle smears, and the paint had chipped off. I sent her photos of them for a quote which she replied with $50. I said that was a great price and that I would give her the pair and the $50. On January 23rd I gave her the pair and the $50 for the restoration. Then on January 31st she told me that she didn't take my shoes yet and that she was busy; which I replied with ok. February 8th (a day after her birthday) I asked if the shoes were ready because I wanted to wear them for All Star Weekend and she replied that she didn't take them yet and didn't have time again. I said alright, just let me know when you give the store the shoes. This past Thursday I asked again if she took the shoes yet and she said no she didn't and she almost got evicted from her apartment but the church paid her rent at the last moment. I said I'm sorry to hear that, if she could give me my shoes and my $50 back I would take them Monday. I ask if she could give them to me that Thursday or Friday before 3 PM and she said neither, she was busy. Then I ask when can she give me them so I could take them Monday and she replied I'm not sure, she could probably take them (to the store) that weekend. Again I tell her to let me know when she does. I text her Saturday if she took the shoes and I receive no response. Monday I call her and she says she's busy right now and that she has the shoes and that she will leave them outside for me to get them and she doesn't have the money and that she will give it back to me at a later date. I told her to not leave the outside (someone could steal them) and asked what did she do with the money? She replied that she will be leaving them outside and that the $50 went to her rent. I arrive at her house to find them behind a bush; uncovered for people to see. I then proceed to take them to the store to have them restored. I thought I could trust her but now I found out I can't and don't even know if I want to continue being friends with her.

Sounds like she stole your 50 and made the whole shoe restoration thing up bro. Did she even show you said quote from the shop or just tell you. Either way that aint no friend and you need to dead that realationship AFTER you get you 50 piece back

alonzofacepalmlebrontech.gif

The situation starts with my friend (that's a girl) we've been through a lot. Brought her soup when she was sick, been emotional support, and overall trying to be a good person to her. Even though sometimes she was standoffish, I was patient with her and always told her I would be her friend no matter what (I did have feelings for her but put them aside for her happiness). One day she told me about this shoe consignment store that also had a restoration section. I told her about my 4s and how they had scratches, speckle smears, and the paint had chipped off. I sent her photos of them for a quote which she replied with $50. I said that was a great price and that I would give her the pair and the $50. On January 23rd I gave her the pair and the $50 for the restoration. Then on January 31st she told me that she didn't take my shoes yet and that she was busy; which I replied with ok. February 8th (a day after her birthday) I asked if the shoes were ready because I wanted to wear them for All Star Weekend and she replied that she didn't take them yet and didn't have time again. I said alright, just let me know when you give the store the shoes. This past Thursday I asked again if she took the shoes yet and she said no she didn't and she almost got evicted from her apartment but the church paid her rent at the last moment. I said I'm sorry to hear that, if she could give me my shoes and my $50 back I would take them Monday. I ask if she could give them to me that Thursday or Friday before 3 PM and she said neither, she was busy. Then I ask when can she give me them so I could take them Monday and she replied I'm not sure, she could probably take them (to the store) that weekend. Again I tell her to let me know when she does. I text her Saturday if she took the shoes and I receive no response. Monday I call her and she says she's busy right now and that she has the shoes and that she will leave them outside for me to get them and she doesn't have the money and that she will give it back to me at a later date. I told her to not leave the outside (someone could steal them) and asked what did she do with the money? She replied that she will be leaving them outside and that the $50 went to her rent. I arrive at her house to find them behind a bush; uncovered for people to see. I then proceed to take them to the store to have them restored. I thought I could trust her but now I found out I can't and don't even know if I want to continue being friends with her.

Personally, I would do the right thing: let her keep the 50 bucks and end the relationship.

Personally, I would do the right thing: let her keep the 50 bucks and end the relationship.

Same...

I’m sure you would’ve probably given her the $50 outright if she explained everything and asked, I know I would’ve...Didn’t have to go with the whole scam to get it...Don’t need to keep people like that around...

Never give your shoes to others for restoration.

Had a similar situation, I knew a person that customized and restored sneakers. We were in a program together, and he showed me his website and all. I ended up giving him my og navy blue low 13s to be reglue. Days passed and he kept coming up with excuses, he later got fired from the program and that was the last that I heard of him!

No chance at all.

No way they drop these in 2016, Do The Right Thing F&F in 2017, Black Cement this year, then drop these again.

Although I don’t see this happening. It’s not impossible. Those FandF were not attainable to anyone.

Chicago 1s dropped in 2013 and 2015

White black 9s dropped in CDP 2008 and in 2010

Black cement 4 in 2008 and in 2012

True blue 3 international pair in 2009 and worldwide in 2011

Not unlike Jordan to drop a shoe 2-3 years apart.

Although I highly doubt it.

I don’t think the 3-4 year turnover for anything that has already been remastered applies anymore. Only shoes that could possibly still be a thing for is the 1s. If they do, they won’t be a gr, and something will be distinctly different.

Last edited:

tbh i'm kinda shocked she didn't sell your kicks to make some ends.
my advice is to punt this HARD... just from reading the first couple of sentences - she has little to zero respect for u... u kinda kiss her ***... and like ferris bueller says, "you can't respect somebody who kisses your ***... it just doesn't work."

My advice airsak is like the others here. Dead that friendship. If she never gives you the money back.....just look at it this way, it cost you $50 bucks to see her real side and true colors. Its better than spending years being cool with her, occasionally paying for lunch or a bday present here n there...all money saved. But even more valuable is the time and energy you will save from dealing with her. Your time is the most valuable commodity. Just my 2coins

Sounds like she stole your 50 and made the whole shoe restoration thing up bro. Did she even show you said quote from the shop or just tell you. Either way that aint no friend and you need to dead that realationship AFTER you get you 50 piece back

No, she didn’t fabricate the shoe restoration part because I went to the store she told me about and the owner told me that she did know of her.

Never give your shoes to others for restoration.

Had a similar situation, I knew a person that customized and restored sneakers. We were in a program together, and he showed me his website and all. I ended up giving him my og navy blue low 13s to be reglue. Days passed and he kept coming up with excuses, he later got fired from the program and that was the last that I heard of him!

tbh i'm kinda shocked she didn't sell your kicks to make some ends.
my advice is to punt this HARD... just from reading the first couple of sentences - she has little to zero respect for u... u kinda kiss her ***... and like ferris bueller says, "you can't respect somebody who kisses your ***... it just doesn't work."

I'm definitely glad that I manage to get them back because this shoe is an original colorway with Nike Air and means a lot to me. I remember securing on footlocker.com when SNKRS was malfunctioning. I wore the shoe the whole summer because the design is just timeless. I can't wait until the next Nike Air 4 release in May.

My advice airsak is like the others here. Dead that friendship. If she never gives you the money back.....just look at it this way, it cost you $50 bucks to see her real side and true colors. Its better than spending years being cool with her, occasionally paying for lunch or a bday present here n there...all money saved. But even more valuable is the time and energy you will save from dealing with her. Your time is the most valuable commodity. Just my 2coins

Last year I actually did purchase her a birthday gift because she was a person I did hold dear.

When the white/cement came out in 2016, I bought two pairs because I really like the 4's, and it was an original colorway. After wearing the first pair, I thought that they ran super long, so I never even took the second pair/box out of the store bag. They have been sitting in my closet in the original store bag since release day. I was just messing around on StockX and looked at this shoe, and they are going for around $350 !! That's insane! I guess there is no point in these shoes rotting away in my closet. Might as well get a couple light bills out of them.

When the white/cement came out in 2016, I bought two pairs because I really like the 4's, and it was an original colorway. After wearing the first pair, I thought that they ran super long, so I never even took the second pair/box out of the store bag. They have been sitting in my closet in the original store bag since release day. I was just messing around on StockX and looked at this shoe, and they are going for around $350 !! That's insane! I guess there is no point in these shoes rotting away in my closet. Might as well get a couple light bills out of them.

Might as well because they are yellowing fast.

Back
Top Bottom