Nike Air Jordan ALPHA Series Continuation?

Originally Posted by superuntouchable

3onPar5 wrote:

Honestly I think the XI is the one shoe they should not touch. Either with Alpha or Fusion. That is an absolute classic and to mess with it would be like "new Coke" a disaster.
LMAO. New Coke, you know these kids on here have no idea what that was... Good point though, I agree. "If it ain't broke..."

LOL Busted. Guess I showed my age. Honestly though they could put zoom air in the XI but that is as far as I would take it.

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

I'd love to see a XI with Flywire technology and Zoom Air. Also, improved traction , ankle collar padding, and a satin lining.

NO!!!!!!

That's going WAY TO FAR.
laugh.gif
The original Fly-wire video was with an XI prototype shown (Concord). I actually thought they were pretty dope and would DEFINITELY get a pair or two to hoop in...
Pics/Video?

The AJ True Flight can be considered an Alpha 7 (zoom over air) but they blew those.

XI's with zoom air is the ideal combination.

^plus better ankle support and something to hold the tongue in place better like an inner booty thing...

then the 11s would be perfect by today's performance standards...

aj XI with zoom would be excellent.... i am wearing my og spacejams today at work, and they would be perfect if they had zoom. They could add full length zoomand the shoe would look the same. i hope they do add zoom to all the early jordans, but then i would have to buy them all.

I'd love to see a XI with Flywire technology and Zoom Air. Also, improved traction , ankle collar padding, and a satin lining.
FLYWIRE?!
Heeellllllll Noooo
laugh.gif

Thats Pushes the envelope tooo far Son.

Originally Posted by NikeHolic23

NO!!!!!!

That's going WAY TO FAR.
laugh.gif
The original Fly-wire video was with an XI prototype shown (Concord). I actually thought they were pretty dope and would DEFINITELY get a pair or two to hoop in...
Pics/Video?
This is the best thing I could find.
grin.gif

sc9oxi.jpg

I know someone has the vid on here... Or at least remembers seeeing it.

I wouldn't mind an alpha version of the XI to play in. If done right they could be pretty fresh. The alpha 1's look really nice and comfortable. Hasanyone tried them on yet. Did they do a nice upgrade to it as far as the comfort goes.

I like the Alpha movement but I would like it even more if they didn't copy old CW.

Instead use CW inspired by Current Team Jordan Players, we'd finally get Sugar Ray color ways, but they wouldn't mess with the exclusivity of classicsbecause there are SOME differences between the Alpha 1s and the OG.

The movement would directly combat with Adidas' Team Signature movement they've been using the last couple of years.

This has been done in the past with the 'Nu Retro line, Big Fund, Pro Status, etc..

i would prefer alphas to cycle the original 23 sigs over the new 20** sig line. they would both maintain the classic designs AND stay competative.

but i'm not a fan of them being called "alpha". there was already an alpha, that silly 1 with the photo on it.

I could get behind an ALPHA series. Re-imagining a model each year with new tech and high grade materials sounds alot better than the "this is as closeas we will get to the originals" retros they crap out left and right. I know they sell like hotcakes, but the retro is all but dead to me. The AirJordan retros are more Marcus Jordan than Michael Jordan (no offense Marcus). It would breathe life into the line that fusions could not and could neverdo....and since the Brand has such a hard time creating original ideas anyways, it would be perfect for them. All they would have to do is worry aboutimplementing the tech into the shoe. I would love to see a IV, V and VI Alpha shoe.

^EXACTLY!!

Re-design what made the brand famous into what kept it famous. Keep the designs but making them with modern technologies would be absolutely brilliant. Ireally can't stress enough how awesome JB would be for this. It's close enough to not stretch or ruin a classic, but good enough to satisfy thecustomers.

Originally Posted by 3onPar5

I like the idea but the key is to stay true to the original design. The Alpha 1's look like the OG's at first glance. I gotta admit it was cool to see D Wade sport them on the Christmas Day game. I like the idea of "what if we made that shoes today, and what tech would we put in it?" Again, the key is to keep the original design.

Exactly.

I really think that if JB kept this with the Alpha line, they would be on to something. I think a LOT of people are sleeping on these dropping because they simply don't know about them. I've seen tons of people say "oh alphas, what are they?" on here. People aren't seeing the bigger picture.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

People are sleepin because they've whored the 1's out and people are sick of seein em!! I myself like the idea, just use it on other models and givethe 1's a rest!!

Back
Top Bottom