Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

been thinking bout grabbing a 2nd pair. this is the perfect bm5 and idk how the next retro could possibly be better than this release

PE with OG font. Extra White laces included.

Have always wondered why the hell they can't even get the font correct for the 23 on the heel. Just another little simple detail that should not even be an issue, yet there's JB screwing with things for no good reason yet again. I remember like it was yesterday when MJ busted out the OG 23 PE 5s in the 1990 playoffs and seeing pictures of them in an SI feature about the Bulls vs Pistons ECF. That was the first time I'd ever seen a "PE" like that. Thought it was sooooo sick LOL

Still aint cop, got some DS Black Supreme V's in the closet you think I can 2 DS pairs of these + cash for em

Still aint cop, got some DS Black Supreme V's in the closet you think I can 2 DS pairs of these + cash for em

Nah Market for those Sup 5's not that crazy last i check

maybe get 1 pair of 16's and some cash for them

Last edited:
A lot of people forget and or do not know that MJ had his pairs made to feel broken in right away, fresh out the box. That takes away from durability. So Js in those days didnt last as long. And by design. With a new sig every year, they dont want you holding on to the same pair for five plus years. If you wore them on the regular, they were gonna fall apart. That dont discredit the shoe, it was all set up that way. Now, JB knows most retros are for casual use. Which gives them the ability to give out more stiff materials to LAST. Which takes away from comfort. Again, all by design.

I see no lies JRepp23 JRepp23 .

Additionally, the old PU would start yellowing in the first year or two, and they probably felt it would take away from the brand’s “prestige”. From what I’ve read, closed-cell PU is actually more expensive than open-cell, so they must have truly felt the change was necessary.

The two retros you posted are UA, one being from swishsupply I think. The retail pairs weren’t drastically better, but it depends on the pair. My pair was actually decent and didn’t have the gargantuan tongue some pairs did. I like the shape more than the 2006 grey 5s i have. The new toe box is a little higher though
294C1B23-EB0C-4D5D-B3C1-55C5ABCFFAE0.jpeg
7C0F1018-A6B8-421A-A289-AC246D4451AA.jpeg
The tongue discrepancies are size dependant and have been since 2000, possibly 1990.

They share tongues between certain size ranges. I'm not sure what the ranges are but on all of my pairs since 2000; 11.5 feature smaller tongues, while 12 jump up to much larger tongues.

Back
Top Bottom