Nike Air Jumpman Pro retro (Spring 2017)

Some guy on YouTube said these are popping up in some stores already. Said the leather was lackluster and there's only zoom in the forefoot. I hope he's wrong.

My OG pair I bought in July, 1997. Had all four colorways (white/blue, red/black, gold/black, blue/black)  back then but foolishly donated the other three pair to Goodwill circa 1999! 

Hard to believe that in a few months it will be 20 years since they originally came out. Someone referenced their dad having them and it reminded me how OLD i am, LOL.

I recall that they were  popular and sold out quickly at the time. 

Here's to HOPING that the black/white/gold OG Pros come back in OG form this time around. This was my favorite of the OG Pros by far.

I got this pair of very lightly used size 13s for about $60 on eBay in the early 00's. Worn them maybe 6 times. Still in great condition in my vault, but I'd love a brand new pair to wear with no fear of disintegration, LOL.

View media item 2295842

Here's to us[emoji]128526[/emoji]
Fresh from my local Finishline, I bought the same size I prefer in recent retro 4s/12s/13s(9.5) & for reference in the metallic 5s I bought a 10

View media item 2299056
They were $140 btw

Hey bro you saying this color is back out now?

Yea that's my own pair I just bought at Finishline
It was random luck, I was talking to my dude I know last night because he was in a random smaller store. I was telling him I wanted the black/red pair but didn't know when they were coming. He had no clue what I was talking about & I knew that particular store wouldn't have them but I was talking to him about them anyway. I happened to need a hat I ordered & had store delivery for at the mall he works at otherwise I would've just went home.

So I go to the mall to get my hat, only reason I even went into Finishline today was the power went out like 1 minute inside the store so I wanted to see what happened. I see him, he said "oh yea I saw the Jumpman pros, we got them, not the color you wanted but we got some black/gold pair, they aren't out though" so I pull up the black/reds to have him describe them & he said he could just show me.

That's when I saw these babies[emoji]128526[/emoji] This is the only color they had but he asked & they ended up saying today was the drop date for them so they let me buy my pair today. I just got home, I'll take more pics in a sec

Plastic CF? :smh:

Yea looks the same as the last release. I hope they don't squeak like the last release did, I bought the all black pair & returned them for that reason since they were to beat down. Won't do that with these but it'll be annoying as hell.

They feel like they have forefoot zoom btw too, the cushion felt nice for a retro when I tried them on, haven't put them back on yet

I tried to take other pics too but they won't load, I'll try again later to at least put a pic of the tag up

So wait. Are the breds available too?

Yea Finishline only had my pair, he didn't know about any other pairs but he said they just got them too. Like the convo was such random chance, the pairs were still in the box in the back for them to unpack & stuff(pretty sure it was these that were in the box by us back there) so it's possible they'll be getting more colors next week. They didn't even know the drop date until we got to talking about them & they went ahead & gave the ok to sell them to me

I'd just check with local stores today/this week, that's my plan now

Not sure why I can't upload the good pic I took of the tag but this is a pic that works of the inside that at least can be blown up to make out the tag info I guess
View media item 2299318

Yea Finishline only had my pair, he didn't know about any other pairs but he said they just got them too. Like the convo was such random chance, the pairs were still in the box in the back for them to unpack & stuff(pretty sure it was these that were in the box by us back there) so it's possible they'll be getting more colors next week. They didn't even know the drop date until we got to talking about them & they went ahead & gave the ok to sell them to me

I'd just check with local stores today/this week, that's my plan now

Not sure why I can't upload the good pic I took of the tag but this is a pic that works of the inside that at least can be blown up to make out the tag info I guess
I see. Appreciate the info brotha

All of this!
The last retro was straight garbage. Solid sole and felt like bricks!

They will never have that 'springy' feel like the OGs.
Some old pics.
View media item 2294769View media item 2294770

I copped the last release on discount at Nordstrom rack for like $50 but I couldn't stick with the quality also, I ended up selling them. I still have my OG white/midnight navy :smokin can't believe its been 20 years. :lol: at dude saying his dad still had them.

Looks like they are coming out with a "cool grey color way" too:

View media item 2300644
I hate that they put grey on the white/navy for this release. I bet they won't do the OG color way for another 10 years.

yep seems like that one and the grey cw have what looks like nubuck on the upper. id prefer all leather but it is what it is

The OG black/gold/white pair had nubuck-ish material on the rear upper, so the 2017s look pretty true to the OGs in that regard.

The OG black/gold/white pair had nubuck-ish material on the rear upper, so the 2017s look pretty true to the OGs in that regard.
Cool I'm not too familiar with the cws for the model. Thanks for the clarification

Back
Top Bottom