Nike Air Jumpman Pro retro (Spring 2017)

People try to re-write things like they were cool back then. Naw b.

The same way we think of team j's now is how it was then.

Now though, people grew up on team j's and had to get the take down model as kid, or had to get a dub zero. So there's a market, because of the nostalgia.

Depends where you're from I guess. These came out when I was a sophomore in HS. They had the a lot of hype because they were worn by KG and Eddie Jones. No one I knew ever called them fake jordans or poor mans jordans. Guess depends how old you were when they came out.

Depends where you're from I guess. These came out when I was a sophomore in HS. They had the a lot of hype because they were worn by KG and Eddie Jones. No one I knew ever called them fake jordans or poor mans jordans. Guess depends how old you were when they came out.

Word. I lived in LA at the time and after EJ busted them out on the floor, I know I was sold. I personally liked them more than the xii's back then. I wasn't a fan of the taxi's...come to think about, I still don't care for the taxi's. it wasn't until MJ wore the "playoffs" in the all star game that I appreciated the xii. But the black with xlucent blue sole was my first pair of pros followed by the blk/wht/gold. No one clowned or looked down on the pros. They were just known as EJ's Jordans. Haha

On another note...these retros seem to follow every remade product. Anyone on here buy any of the new transformers? They're real crap compared to g1 hasbro...just like these pros are compared to the og.

I think people are thinking bout when they first retro'd

I had this same convo on another site but these were just new js when they first dropped

everybody had em

everybody who bought the sigs also had these and the team 1s including me

These came out spring 97 (8th grade) and I saw people rocking these all the up to the next year. These were fire back then, garbage in 08, and look great in '17.

So I heard the quality and material is really bad this time around. That's a shame because I was gonna cop. Oh well....
mean.gif

Just saw the black/white pair and quality wasn't too bad but that carbon fiber is just stupid! Idk why jb doesn't go all out on these kind of retros! Had the og black/reds wouldn't mind a pair and always wanted the black/blue pair
These were cool back in day but people knew what the deal was

Last edited:
So I heard the quality and material is really bad this time around. That's a shame because I was gonna cop. Oh well....:smh:

i just received my blk/wht/gold from footlocker. the shoes look good from far, but are far from good. aesthetically, they're AMAZING!!! but after a full inspection of the materials and the lack of comfort, that's all they are. the black nubuck isn't bad, but the white pleather is terrible! the midsoles are tough to the touch even before wearing them. just like dude explained in the short video review, the comfort is lacking. if there is a zoom pad/pod in the forefoot, it's not very noticeable.

with all that said, i'm still going to keep the pair i have cause it's the closest thing i'll have to one of my grails. i passed on the last retros cause i didn't like any of the colors they released...other than a couple of the PE's released at hoh, plus the quality was still crap! at least now i have a polished turd! haha.

Last edited:
who the hell is calling them taxi? that's stupid ignorant, but so are 90% of the nickname/labels other shoes get...a different story for another time. not a bad review, but you could've mentioned that the "carbon fiber" shank isn't really cf; also that's been covered in the other reviews.

Last edited:
Lol taxi? ***** [emoji]128514[/emoji] So I checked these out at my local footlocker and that leather is no where near the original! Looks good in pictures I guess but when you have the OG and check them out in person its not even close.

Last edited:
Hey just cop the blk/gold og cw. This the only cw I would get. Try them on and they are .5 smaller...FYI. Lucky they sold out 9.5 and brought me out a 10 and its perfecto! The material overall is stiff. Only heel zoom I believe it is (more bouncy then air like what the description said). As for many Jordan heads reason said that they passed the pros coz they are the take down 12s. Now I regret not getting the og back in the days which it was fully loaded with techs (full length zoom n carbon fiber plate) in it. Anyway, its a pretty nice color blocking with the design.
View media item 2328845

Word. I lived in LA at the time and after EJ busted them out on the floor, I know I was sold. I personally liked them more than the xii's back then. I wasn't a fan of the taxi's...come to think about, I still don't care for the taxi's. it wasn't until MJ wore the "playoffs" in the all star game that I appreciated the xii. But the black with xlucent blue sole was my first pair of pros followed by the blk/wht/gold. No one clowned or looked down on the pros. They were just known as EJ's Jordans. Haha

On another note...these retros seem to follow every remade product. Anyone on here buy any of the new transformers? They're real crap compared to g1 hasbro...just like these pros are compared to the og.

Transformers! Right here I do! I m a G1 fan. The G1 retro really are on point but not the masterpiece that came out after Optimus Prime..which all versions still has the rubber tires not the master pieces on other veichles like Rodimus n Red Alert...are just hard plastic tires..what a put off. Back to the subject. The reason I got the retro og cw was coz of EJ. Memories.

Picked these up today at full price smh... but now I'm a VIP Platinum member so hopefully that helps with royals. Stayed true to the OGs with the fat laces, compliments of Nike SB

View media item 2353583

Last edited:
Those Pro Quick reminds me of the Dub Zero. Anyone tried the dub zero on feet? They supposedly have air in heel and fore so that maybe makes it better than the tech specs than the JP2, 15 and Penny 4...

Back
Top Bottom