Nike Air Max 98 Retro Scheduled? via NB

How would you say these fit?  I'm not seeing any half sizes out there and I'm consistently a sz 11.5 in Air Max, although recently I've been able to rock with a sz 11 since Nike started making their shoes huge.  Just wondering if I should even chance the 11.   
It all depends on how tight you are gonna tie them..I'd say they are tts, but on the small side of it if that makes any sense lol..I wear a size 10 in all of my air max, and these fit exactly like the 97's IMO..they don't fit as lose as the newer kicks made with all this engineered mesh, or like the 09' and up Air max's..The 98's are an old school mesh and thick leather shoe, so naturally a little bit more snug from the start...That's the best I could do for you haha..hope it somewhat helped

...I was on the brink of copping - in the check out process, and decided that I'm going to hold off and take the leap of faith that these will make it to discount. If they don't, oh well.

Gundam CW is the only must have (would pay retial) to me. Michigans, these are on the "at discount" list. Concord and reds are on the "at deep discount" list.

How would you say these fit?  I'm not seeing any half sizes out there and I'm consistently a sz 11.5 in Air Max, although recently I've been able to rock with a sz 11 since Nike started making their shoes huge.  Just wondering if I should even chance the 11.   
It all depends on how tight you are gonna tie them..I'd say they are tts, but on the small side of it if that makes any sense lol..I wear a size 10 in all of my air max, and these fit exactly like the 97's IMO..they don't fit as lose as the newer kicks made with all this engineered mesh, or like the 09' and up Air max's..The 98's are an old school mesh and thick leather shoe, so naturally a little bit more snug from the start...That's the best I could do for you haha..hope it somewhat helped
That actually helps out a lot.  Sounds like they fit like Air Max traditionally fit and I'll have to go a half-size up thanks to these wide *** feet.  Appreciate the insight.  
...I was on the brink of copping - in the check out process, and decided that I'm going to hold off and take the leap of faith that these will make it to discount. If they don't, oh well.

Gundam CW is the only must have (would pay retial) to me. Michigans, these are on the "at discount" list. Concord and reds are on the "at deep discount" list.
I'm with you on this.  These probably won't fly off shelves.  The beasts will feast elsewhere.  If I can get them for $100-110 shipped, I'll bite.  

Saw these on KicksDeals. Had no idea these were retroing. FINALLY!!!!!

Hopefully going to cop a pair closer to $100

I know this is a 98 max thread but can someone tell me which shoes these two are? I've searched a couple places and haven't found anything definitive. I know some air max peeps will know in here. I keep finding that the top ones are 1998 air max black/copper but that doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
The top shoe released in '98 with the name of "Air Max". That's what my box says.. They have Total Air cushioning.

Last edited:
The top one is the Air Max 98 Alt Release, they released two different ones in 98, the bottom one is the Air Max TL, also released in 98.

thanks for the fast responses...  Now it makes sense why it was so confusing to get the names... all these sick air maxes in 1998

f*ck... hope they all retro

Yeah there was also the Air Max 120 and of course the Air Max Plus which is the one everybody really remembers and has seen the most success as a retro.

Why no sz 11.5 in JJ? Lol. Idk but I can't justify the $160 price tag, despite me patiently waiting for these for YEARS.

Any info on the Gundams? If I can confirm that pair, I'll hold off on these colorways for now.

640744002_grey_nike_max_98_sneaker_lp1.jpg

http://www.jimmyjazz.com/mens/footwear/nike-max-98-sneaker/640744002?color=Grey

Last edited:
About to try to get a look at them in person at some local JJ's tomorrow. Any word on the "Gundam's" RD? :nerd:

And great pics up there comparing the retros to the originals, TheFupaTroopa :pimp:

About to try to get a look at them in person at some local JJ's tomorrow. Any word on the "Gundam's" RD? :nerd:

And great pics up there comparing the retros to the originals, TheFupaTroopa :pimp:
Thanks bud..No idea on the Gundam's RD, but those will be doubled for sure..I'll be sure to compare the retro's and originals also lol..Damn, I need a good camera lol, this iphone isn't cutting it

I need these. They remind me of my youth. [emoji]128546[/emoji][emoji]128553[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom