Nike Air Max 98 Retro Scheduled? via NB

i know some of you have been asking for this (including me).

- via NikeBlog

I don’t want to get anyone unduly excited here, so I’m not making promises. I’m not sure if there is a Nike Air Max 98 retro scheduled for 2014. Truth be told, this is the first I’ve heard of it.

That being said, these ostensibly new photos were passed along to me and . . . see for yourself. It’s definitely three colorways of the classic (if underrated) turn-of-the-century running model, with its leather overlays, inset mesh, full-length Max Air bag and just an overall unique aesthetic. Rather faithful to the original, too. They’re even carrying a seemingly authentic style#.

So, take it for what it’s worth, grain of salt and all that. But if a pictures worth a thousand words, there are 3000 below. Stay tuned for updates.

Source: http://www.nikeblog.com/nike-air-max-98-retro-scheduled/

6rvSCrA.jpg

Air Max 98 "Tour Yellow"
White/Tour Yellow-Midnight Navy-Cement Grey
640744 105
$160

BmtZGax.jpg

Air Max 98 "White/Obsidian"
White/Obsidian-Metallic Silver-University Red
640744 100
$160

CUb8xSL.jpg

Air Max 98 "GMT"
UK Exclusive
White/Gold-Black
TBD
TBD

a9M7SOY.jpg

WOMENS Air Max 98
White/Black-Gym Red-Reflective Silver
AH6799-101
$160

CfhNSNT.jpg

Air Max 98 QS "Thunder Blue"
Thunder Blue/Diffused Blue-White-Team Red
924462 400
$160

2uZesa5.jpg

Air Max 98 QS
TBD
Cone/Tour Yellow-Hyper Grape
924462 800
TBD

QUx4zRY.jpg

Air Max 98 "Triple White"
TBD
White/Pure Platinum-Black-Reflect Silver
640744 106
$160

rrrgMWr.jpg

WOMENS Air Max 98 "Fossil"
White/Black-Fossil-Reflective Silver
AH6799 102
$160

10 Things To Know About The Nike Air Max 98, The Most Underrated Air Max In History

February 1, 2018
by John Kim

The Nike Air Max 98 is in full effect for 2018, and we can tell that the hype around this sneaker is increasing as each new colorway is revealed. While the 98 model is certainly not as storied as the recognized “flagship” models like the Air Max 97, fans of the bubble remember the shoe fondly – and the mainstream is just now jumping on the bandwagon. Here’s a list of ten things you should know about the “it” Air Max shoe of 2018, one of the most underrated sneakers in Nike’s cushioning legacy.

3iciXEY.jpg

The Nike Air Max 98 was designed by Sergio Lozano, who designed the Air Max 95.

DcG2Rbq.jpg

When the Air Max 98 first released, it was a somewhat of a flop for several reasons – one being the $150 price-tag. Most pairs went on sales racks.

Jlk27gj.jpg

Much of the hype around new Air Max models was the redesigned Air bubbles. The 98, however, recycled the full-length Air unit from the 97, which took away from allure.

awTKT01.jpg

The Youth sizes of the Air Max 98 used the sole for the Air Max 95.

fxrINCt.jpg

This OG colorway is called “Gundam” because of its resemblance to its mecha-based anime of the same name. However, there was never any collaboration between Nike and the anime.

rupVPWT.jpg

Nike released several new Air Max models in 1998 that were way more popular; the Air Max 98 TL, Air Max Tailwind III, Air Max Plus, and retro of the Air Max 95 overshadowed the Air Max 98.

GYVqiHc.jpg

The Air Max 98 first retroed in 2000 with colorways inspired by the Air Max 95 as we all as other exciting colorways.

KpKETMb.jpg

The Air Max 98 retroed again in 2014 in original colorways as well as new ones. Again, most of them appeared on sales racks for under $100.

ge8MLhd.jpg

Supreme’s Air Max 98 collaboration in 2016, which featured four colorways, were inspired by Prada’s America Cup sneakers.

OHy1hcE.jpg

The 98 was simply hated on by Nike. In 2005’s “History of Air”, the model wasn’t mentioned. In 2015’s Air Max Day tribute to the history of Air Max, it was again excluded.

via https://sneakernews.com/2018/02/01/nike-air-max-98-history-info/

Last edited:
Great news, I hope it's a wide release so that anyone that wants a pair can get at least one. I've always wanted a pair of Gundams.

Now if only they'd do the 96 and the regular and light 94s.

i know some of you have been asking for this (including me).

- via NikeBlog

I don’t want to get anyone unduly excited here, so I’m not making promises. I’m not sure if there is a Nike Air Max 98 retro scheduled for 2014. Truth be told, this is the first I’ve heard of it.

That being said, these ostensibly new photos were passed along to me and . . . see for yourself. It’s definitely three colorways of the classic (if underrated) turn-of-the-century running model, with its leather overlays, inset mesh, full-length Max Air bag and just an overall unique aesthetic. Rather faithful to the original, too. They’re even carrying a seemingly authentic style#.

So, take it for what it’s worth, grain of salt and all that. But if a pictures worth a thousand words, there are 3000 below. Stay tuned for updates.

Source: http://www.nikeblog.com/2013/09/06/nike-air-max-98-retro-scheduled/

View media item 568007
View media item 568008
View media item 568009

It's true...

JM

Gundam 98s and those neon/volt ones are my early favorites.

Those teal ones will probably go straight to the outlets. If these are the initial three to release, that's a good thing.

But since this is Nike Sportswear we're dealing with, I shudder to think of what other terribad colorways could come, not to mention hybrids with AM2009s, Frees, Hyperfuse, etc

Yes yes, finally , wouldve been nice to see the Tuned air in the bronze/saturn red cw comeback next year, prob too much to ask 4.

These and Jordan VIs.... Maybe a couple AF1 IDs is all I'm purchasing in 2014 unless they do vintage med ball trainer IIIs

Back
Top Bottom