Nike Air Max Express (Fall 2012 - Ken Griffey Jr. II Bottom)

Nike Air Max Express: http://counterkicks.com/2011/12/08/exclusive-nike-air-max-express/

nike-air-max-express.jpg

Turf shoes are all the rage again at retail, primarily due to Nike retro styles, particularly the Ken Griffey Jr. line. The Swoosh can’t keep churning out the old Swingman series indefinitely without potentially fatiguing the consumer (or running of out models and colorways to bring back!) though, so it’s continuing a remix strategy we’ve seen across brands and categories lately borrowing old tooling and merging it with new upper designs. That brings us to the new Nike Air Max Express, which you get a first look at now.

Previewed here in five Fall 2012 colorways:

- Speed Yellow/Black-Speed Yellow
- Sport Red/Black-Sport Red
- Hot Punch/Cool Grey-Game Royal
- Black/Black-Pine Green
- Total Orange/Dark Grey-Imperial Purple

Nike Air Max Express picks up the popular Air Griffey Max II midsole/outsole base and unifies it with a new Hyperfuse composite upper complete with a giant midfoot strap reminiscent of old Swoosh training shoes. Expect the Express to clear the retail runway in the second half of next year with a price target of $150.

nike-air-max-express-speed-yellow-black-speed-yellow-counterkicks.jpg

nike-air-max-express-sport-red-black-sport-red-counterkicks.jpg

nike-air-max-express-total-orange-dark-grey-imperial-purple-counterkicks.jpg

nike-air-max-express-black-black-pine-green-counterkicks.jpg

nike-air-max-express-hot-punch-cool-grey-game-royal-counterkicks.jpg

via http://counterkicks.com/2...ve-nike-air-max-express/

Not too bad, wouldn't buy though. Especially with that Griffey II sole... means they will feel like bricks, same as the retro II's that just came out.

Giantass-actual pics from an auction... 
I hope they will load.

I like the white-outsole more.

Word to HnT.

%24(KGrHqJHJBwE9rnk1wd8BPi1W6EI3w~~60_57.JPG

%24(KGrHqVHJEgE916EzziGBPi1Uthssg~~60_57.JPG
%24(KGrHqVHJBcE9rU8D!43BPi1WSWGUw~~60_57.JPG
%24(KGrHqRHJC4E912P7GdHBPi1Y!sU3!~~60_57.JPG
%24(KGrHqNHJFIE917hifoNBPi1(P0n,w~~60_57.JPG
%24(KGrHqFHJEgE92!f41LtBPi1YV!QSQ~~60_57.JPG

yea i agree wish they still had the white sole but theyre still kinda nice...

pulled this from another thread...im assuming those pink/grey are women's?

EDIT: @Nikestore confirmed on twitter that those are a men's colorway. those are :pimp:...RD is 8/11

edit:
the more i look at the black/yellow the more i wanna cop. some other pics of the cool grey/hot punch surfaced finally

Last edited:
Saw a couple of colorways in GS sizes at Athletes Foot and Footaction, pretty nice. Might look to cop a pair down the line. That hot punch colorway is nice!

More pics via Sneakerfiles

I'm feelin the orange pair. Thought I'd go for the Hot Punch colorway but the orange colorway is more my style.

Wish they would've kept the white sole on the black/yellow pair. They're still decent, though.

Last edited:
The black/green colorway looked really good in person. In all honesty, I was holding them in my hands earlier and they didn't seem bad. I can't fade that $150 price tag though...

If they cost less and had any kind of a blue colorway id prolly pick up a pair, but the only good cw's of these are actually kids only sizes... wtf nike. :smh:

Ive been waiting to see if any other cw's would surface but doesnt look like it.

Back
Top Bottom