Nike Air Max Uptempo 1996/1997

Not yet... well they had the laker colorway.... i hope they retro.. again probably with small bubbles

they've reto'd that uptempo plenty of time in mult color combos.   they even released low cut versions of those.

^^Correct.
But not in that exact color combo.
Last time around the mid sole was white/black not solid black like in that pic.
Also the air bubble was not teal/turquoise it was just blank.

Thanks guys. I know they came out with a bunch of color combinations, Black, Laker (yellow) and Carolina (blue) retros (to name a few). I was looking for that exact color combination. Those, to this day, are still my all time favorite basketball shoe.

A word of caution.  Do NOT buy any OG's expecting to wear them.  The phylon midsole will disintegrate.  I wore mine for the first time last year and they imploded IN A NIKE FACTORY STORE!
laugh.gif

Here are some pics from around 2005.  (Check out the promo giant air bag on the bottom shelf.)
pimp.gif

you know, this may turn into an "appreciation" type thread...haha...

this technically should be in the retro forum

sweet skeetin' ballerina thugs...

I would date my best friend's girlfriend for a pair of those.

Exquiscellent.

Man those Air Max Uptempo 2's were the truth back in the day. I remember they got retro'd in a blue/gray colorway i could never find. If anyone can tell me where to get a pair in a 9.5, I'd be forever grateful!

if you are talkin about the air max2 uptempo in the navy/grey, i believe that cw was exclusive to finishline. they went on sale for 60+ awhile back. it'd be really hard to find those now and days.

i couldve sworn that colorway was reissued around 99/00 as part of the sc line. Depending on how they were worn/stored the midsole may hold up. It did on mine anyway but i live in a cold damp place.

They've been retroed but that's one of the retros that you'd better buy the instant the opportunity knocks. They usually aren't around when markdown happen and if they are, they're among the first casualites.

I still have mine and have worn them recently (White/Obsidian CW).  I'm surprised they still are holding up.  Sorry to hear of what happened to CWK.  I wore them a lot in the past so I guess you can say, they are "broken in" pretty well.  Now i'm selling em on ebay to make a lil money =)

Originally Posted by brettstawiarski

they need to retro the air max tempos with the huge AIR on the side

WHAT...are you new?!?!  the air more uptempo was retro'd last qtr

That Bulls colorway is now my #1 most sought after retro wish now that the Go LWP's are finally returning. What a clean shoe.

Still kicking myself for passing on those when I saw them in Champs Chicago back then.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

That Bulls colorway is now my #1 most sought after retro wish now that the Go LWP's are finally returning. What a clean shoe.

Still kicking myself for passing on those when I saw them in Champs Chicago back then.

Yeah man! Those are the only ones I want. Everytime they retro the uptempo's I pray they'll release that colorway. I had them my freshman year in HS & those used to always break necks. Seems a lot of people passed on them when they came out cuz I never saw anyone wearing them.
I even remember going to the mall with the intent of buying the Obsidian colorway & seeing those quickly changed my mind. The best colorway of the Air Max Uptempo.

Originally Posted by CWK

A word of caution.  Do NOT buy any OG's expecting to wear them.  The phylon midsole will disintegrate.  I wore mine for the first time last year and they imploded IN A NIKE FACTORY STORE!
laugh.gif

No, you mean polyurethane, not phylon. Now some shoes with large full length air bubbles like these will seem to disintegrate, but only because the glue and small polyurethane internal elements have decomposed over time. Any OG phylon midsole is still solid, you just have to reglue them down again, or take the air bubble soles apart, clean out the rot, apply lots of glue and pressure for at least a day, and there good to go again. I have direct experience in this area btw, so you can buy og's and wear them, just expect to do some restoration work (glue).

Also, to the original poster, these were in fact retrod in 1999 in both red and teal colorways, with the og's in 1995. They werent called retros that early tho, just 'air max uptempo sc' as the previous posters pointed out correctly.

Back
Top Bottom