Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

Got home from work and had to throw them on for the rest of the evening...

F9B72978-8A3D-448D-9D24-3AAD8DECD677.jpeg

Nike waited too damn long for these, da black and blue Chris Webbers & da 1993 Air Force Max CB's.... these joints would've sold all kinds of out in da early 2000's.

Nike waited too damn long for these, da black and blue Chris Webbers & da 1993 Air Force Max CB's.... these joints would've sold all kinds of out in da early 2000's.

They actually did retro this cw. I believe it was late 99 or early 00. They called it the Air Max Uptempo SC. That retro had Varsity Red instead of the True Red like the OG.

They actually did retro this cw. I believe it was late 99 or early 00. They called it the Air Max Uptempo SC. That retro had Varsity Red instead of the True Red like the OG.

i remember but it literally was more or less a glorified re-stock than a actual retro...like when air max 95's were being chruned out in 96 and 97.

Alright alright alright, almost the weekend again so I can wear these nonstop the next two days.

Alright alright alright, almost the weekend again so I can wear these nonstop the next two days.

I am waiting until winter to wear mine. These ****s have absolutely no ventilation. My feet were drenched in sweat. Plus, they are seriously stiff with all this fake *** leather.

Still love them tho

I am waiting until winter to wear mine. These ****s have absolutely no ventilation. My feet were drenched in sweat. Plus, they are seriously stiff with all this fake *** leather.

Still love them tho
LOL
I got no problems wearing them now in L.A. I will not be stopped.

My OCD anal retentiveness has gotten the better of me on these LOL. I've had five pairs of them pass through my hands in search of three solid pairs. Sent two pairs back. Thought I was done and dusted but earlier today, I was bored and pulled out the third pair I decided to keep just to admire them ... and then noticed something I missed when I gave them the once-over on Friday night: A small tear at the lateral collar of the left shoe, in the material that lines the entire tongue and collar opening area. Plus two random black stitches coming down into the actual leather in the same area that shouldn't be there, period. Like a runaway sewing machine punched some black thread into the side of the shoe at the collar opening. SMFH. Went to every sneaker store on the Santa Monica 3rd St. Promenade, including Nike Santa Monica, and not one had this shoe in stock. Called around afterward and not one store within reasonable convenience for me has them. So I just ordered another pair from FTL. Hopefully at least the left shoe is straight so I can swap it, then return the flawed pair to my nearest FTL in the mall. I need to be done with these and I'm running out of places to order and return to. I'm @tonytobacco on this one :rofl:

sucks to be that picky honestly, i take them as they come because even the OGs had many pairs messed up...we just didnt care as much as kids probaby because we didnt buy them ourselves (some of us)
Oh I know it sucks :lol: Believe me, I wish I wasn't wired this way. I was just as bad when I was a kid, too. But generally it's not a big issue these days because Nike's manufacturing processes are a lot more advanced than they were in, say, 1992.
Really I'm not being THAT picky on these: One pair I returned had an obviously frayed heel loop right out of the box and some other jacked up stitching. Another pair would have been totally fine except it had cracks in the leather above the swoosh that I couldn't believe made it past QC. And then this pair with the tear in the ankle liner and the random black threads stitched into it on top of that. None of these issues are minor when you spend $100+ on a pair of shoes.
If I could find a goddamn store(s) anywhere near me that actually had a run of these, I could just go in there and find a solid pair. Instead I'm reduced to having to order online, so it's a crapshoot as far as what I'm going to get. And I live in L.A., not some small town somewhere. I was shocked to discover yesterday how few stores seem to have them on-hand. The one Footlocker I found is at least an hour each way in L.A. traffic, and I ain't doing that LOL

Last edited:
its not that serious :lol:
:lol:
No, it's not. It doesn't bother me if you want to make fun of me all day LOL. I'm the first to admit I can get OCD about dumb ****. But when I'm paying for these things, I'm going to make sure I get items I am completely happy with. I'm nowhere near as OCD when it comes to many other shoes, but this is probably my favorite Nike basketball shoe of all time. I will have three good pairs come hell or high water :tongue:

Last edited:
Good ol' Nike. Giving us the colorways that no one is asking for! You can always count on them to do this nonsense. Might as well send these joints striaght to the outlets as well and save everyone's time.
I could see some people liking the colorway, but they had to eff it up even more by reversing the materials: nubuck upper with faux-leather rand wrapping the shoe? No thanks.
And why does Sneakernews keep saying Uptempos are $150?

Yea if they had reversed the materials, got rid of the patent and blacked out the AIR on the eyelets those would’ve been decent.

On my pair the straps that hold the tongue down are too long and bunch up by my arches, theyre goin back.
Yeah, the quality in construction on these is all over the place. Got another pair in today from FTL. After checking them out, I'm keeping the right shoe from my last Hibbett order and the left shoe from this FTL pair. Taking the now mismatched/unwanted pair back to FTL for the refund.

This is the sixth pair I've had in my hands in my quest to get three solid pairs LOL. I know, I know, it's OD and not that serious. But like I said before, this is my favorite '90s Nike bball shoe of all time, and my favorite colorway of it.

I was mega annoyed when this FTL pair arrived today because it was shipped from a store and had been tried on. And the left shoe had a dirty glue stain on the midsole while the right shoe had little cracks in the fake white leather upper. But the rest of both was fine. I got most of the glue off of the one, swapped the right shoe for the right shoe from the other pair, and that's a wrap for me on these. Finally. Initially today when I got the FTL pair, I was about to send them back and re-order yet again. But it's enough already, and I just can't :lol:. :smh: at myself. Plus I've now seen enough pairs now to know I'm just not likely to do much better than what I have at this point.
But @tonytobacco knows where I'm coming from. :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom