Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

Repping the home team! 95’ down to the socks.
8A71D3A7-0964-478E-B681-6FA73B24B0D7.jpeg
1E4BC2BF-B171-4DD2-9BBD-C5FD068F1BE4.jpeg

My cousin in law used to work at Niketown back in the 90s Beverly Hills location. He was cleaning out his things at his parents house and came across this OG pair
EFA0675E-6B00-4A77-915C-C43365746BA0.jpeg

1595486254743.jpeg
1595486254743.jpeg

I think this is the first time I’ve seen the white Carolina blue color way in over 20 years

Last edited:
I have those in storage. It's the retro and they're pretty close. I guess I need to do an integrity check, clean em up and rock em. I know for a fact they're better quality than any of the newer retros. I've tried on the black/white retro when they first did it in 2012/2013-ish and those were bricks. One of the most comfortable pair of kicks I've worn.

I have those in storage. It's the retro and they're pretty close. I guess I need to do an integrity check, clean em up and rock em. I know for a fact they're better quality than any of the newer retros. I've tried on the black/white retro when they first did it in 2012/2013-ish and those were bricks. One of the most comfortable pair of kicks I've worn.

those 90s Uptempos were amazing. they have that distinct air bubble divider that is missing in today's retros. I felt the air cushion on the OGs were bigger and bouncier. I also felt the PU midsole back then were comfortable compared to today's Nike conventional EVA. the only downside is that the PU midsole crumbles over time.

those are not OG, they are retros. i had them. according to the ebay reference came out in '98. when the uptempo came out, there were 4 OG colors: wht/blk/teal, blk/blk/wht, wht/obsidian and blk/wht/concord...then the regionals came out a little bit later: wht/blk/royal and wht/blk/red aka pippen.

those are not OG, they are retros. i had them. according to the ebay reference came out in '98. when the uptempo came out, there were 4 OG colors: wht/blk/teal, blk/blk/wht, wht/obsidian and blk/wht/concord...then the regionals came out a little bit later: wht/blk/royal and wht/blk/red aka pippen.

huh? which retros are you talking about? this pair

and why would you say these are retros?

huh? which retros are you talking about? this pair

and why would you say these are retros?
Because they didn't come out in 95-96, they came out in 98.
That said, I wouldn't really call them retros, either. More like a continuation of the OG releases not long after the first run was done. Pretty sure they were built identical to the first wave of the shoe, with no changes made to them. But I get the point. Those were not part of the official OG releases, or what are considered the true OG releases.

around 10 years ago I found the original black/white/purple, Mitch Richmond pair at the thrift store, a little worn and about a size too big, So I threw them on and tried walking, about 3 steps in the whole sole was collapsed and was flopping off the shoe as expected. I asked for a discount because they were broken, (just keep em for display), then the lady told me no they would just throw them out since they’re broken. So I put them down for a second, and next thing I knew they disappeared from the rack. Probably cuz that dumb hole brought them to the back and threw em in the trash 👿

That said, I wouldn't really call them retros, either. More like a continuation of the OG releases not long after the first run was done. Pretty sure they were built identical to the first wave of the shoe, with no changes made to them. But I get the point. Those were not part of the official OG releases, or what are considered the true OG releases.
Good points here, totally forgot the Carolinas came out in '98.

And donjuan513 donjuan513 that is the sickest pic I have seen on NT in quite some time my man - brings back so many memories and those SOCKS.

My cousin in law used to work at Niketown back in the 90s Beverly Hills location. He was cleaning out his things at his parents house and came across this OG pair

1595486254743.jpeg
1595486254743.jpeg

I think this is the first time I’ve seen the white Carolina blue color way in over 20 years

Loved when the new eastbay catalog came out. This one was one of the best.

Yes, this is correct. I wanted to buy them during that first retro around 1998.

They've also never retroed the original black/black/white colorway.

And I don't think they've ever actually retroed the white Air More uptempo with blue air pockets like it originally had.

this is exactly the point. I wouldn't call them retros myself because typically retros would be more like re-release or remasters of shoes that are atleast almost a decade old that don't possess the same features/materials that first releases normally have. aside from the short production year gap and material similarities, in that era of shoe manufacturing and distribution, shoes weren't widely available as it is now and certain territories won't have them for some time. besides, I haven't seen any uptempo retros that are even close nor true to the OG pair. the foam and air bubble on the retros are an obvious tell. and that uptempo comfort unfortunately wasn't there anymore. despite my love for the uptempos, I passed on them a lot no matter how sick looking they were.

call them what you wish, there's no time limit involved when calling thing's retro. the uptempo 3 came out around 97 and uptempo 4 around 00-01 and other colors of the am uptempo (95) were still coming out. not to mention the air more uptempo in 98. nike continued to make more cw's and even changed the name to am tempo. don't know why they removed "up"tempo and even stamped them on the heels; this was back in 03. looked and sounded kinda dumb but that's what the customer had to deal with. even those releases had the bigger bubbles. on or about 2011, the smaller max bubbles started coming out and were called am uptempo again and continue to be produced this way.

call them what you wish, there's no time limit involved when calling thing's retro. the uptempo 3 came out around 97 and uptempo 4 around 00-01 and other colors of the am uptempo (95) were still coming out. not to mention the air more uptempo in 98. nike continued to make more cw's and even changed the name to am tempo. don't know why they removed "up"tempo and even stamped them on the heels; this was back in 03. looked and sounded kinda dumb but that's what the customer had to deal with. even those releases had the bigger bubbles. on or about 2011, the smaller max bubbles started coming out and were called am uptempo again and continue to be produced this way.

Those smaller bubbles started appearing around '05. My brother had this cw which came out in '05.

1595709566632.png

This is the box tag to the 99-00 retro Bulls colorway. I trashed the box somehow, but kept the tag.

20200725_173443.jpg

Anyone know what the "SC" stands for?

Back
Top Bottom