Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

I had a pair of those ubiquitous maxs back in the day. Think they were Nikes most expensive shoe at the time. 160 if I remember correctly. Too fresh... but I think the cushion will be sub-par compared to the ogs.

They need to follow Kobes advice and upgrade just the materials in their Nike/Jordan retros. Keep the look 99% the same. Softer phylon and Zoom air. Done. Zoom in Jordan 3s, 4s, 5s, 6s.. Whhaaat. Everyone would go out and buy all the protros.

Actually, let's do it right; remake the OG Jordan XIV articulated zoom bag and put it in every forefoot of earlier Jordan retros. Now we're done.
They need to use whatever they used on the first retro of the XII, it was so good they had people believing it was double stacked. Must have been the XIIs midsoles that helped or something.

I had a pair of the OG XIIs and first retros. You're right the retros were plush. Ever felt the forefoot of a OG XIV? Was the best ever imo. Had that XII zoom feel but more pronounced in the forefoot, lighter and lower to the ground. So bummed when the absolutely botched every jordan xiv retro by not including the best feature from that model.

Edit - here's a picture. Smh JB. It was literally perfect. Too bad they aren't as passionate as they should be over at JB.

Attachments

• Inside-an-Original-Pair-of-Air-Jordan-14-Black-Toe.jpg
    Inside-an-Original-Pair-of-Air-Jordan-14-Black-Toe.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
So according to the champs release calendar, the lakers fisher PE uptempo 95, is set to release on the 25th of this month!

Was hoping the lakers colorway was coming out tommorow, but it seems it got pushed back cause it’s not on the champs release calendar anymore!

Angelus deglazer, paint, finish, and a couple of good brushes. Took quite a few coats to make it white. Paint kept seeping into the nubuck. Light coat then let it dry. Repeat. Possibly should've used dye but this method gave it that bright matte white I was going for to match the uppers leather. They're not cracking or fading. Looks right to me.. Idk if the dye would've done the same. They look just like the ogs now so the desired results were achieved. Anyone care to comment on better or worse?

Angelus deglazer, paint, finish, and a couple of good brushes. Took quite a few coats to make it white. Paint kept seeping into the nubuck. Light coat then let it dry. Repeat. Possibly should've used dye but this method gave it that bright matte white I was going for to match the uppers leather. They're not cracking or fading. Looks right to me.. Idk if the dye would've done the same. They look just like the ogs now so the desired results were achieved. Anyone care to comment on better or worse?
Looks like a good job to me, but then again it really doesn’t matter what I think as long as it looks good to you, that’s all that should matter!

Looks good, man. As I've said, I'm not bothered by the black on the toe piece so I'm just leaving mine as is, but those are for sure a solid job.

Looks way better. Congrats and nice job! Got me thinking about doing the same.

Back
Top Bottom