nike air native n(seven): exclusively for native americans?

so i assume flightposites, foamposites, and jordans are for african americans?

thoughts? discuss...

I guess I am not surprised that someone is going after such a specialized, but large and generally ignored market. But I do find it interesting that they needed a shoe designed especially for Native Americans. I glanced at the press release and the product page, but I didn't see any real reason as to its necessity.

Quote:
so i assume flightposites, foamposites, and jordans are for african americans?
Team I Dream In COLOR
I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time,
and all before has been a mean sleep
TEAM SAINTS
What did you expect I'm just a home team type of dude

What? No feathers? No peace pipes?

I know there has to be a Chief Sitting Bull Dunk SB in the making...

Tribe Pack
Fall 2008

Hey'ya'ya'ya......

I could actually probably go to heIl for those remarks.

God, I don't mean them.

Just having my weekly display of ignorance.

Sig check...
MY CITY NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE ME
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.
WITH WHAT I AM COOKING IN THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW...
DC WILL HAVE YET ANOTHER ASTERISK ON THE MAP.

Quote:
What? No feathers? No peace pipes?
does have a feather pattern on the insole. I guess they couldn't pry away the license for "Chief Wahoo."

"True Native Fit?" You've gotta be kidding me. That's like an ad for the Ray Fong Adidas saying, "Now With TRUE ASIAN FIT!"

How freaking patronizing is this? This is just a blind, ham-handed agglomeration of random focus group data and stereotype.

The conflation of all American Indian nations and cultures is as sickening as it is ubiquitous.

The concept of seventh generation sustainability isn't some generic, universally held mysticism endemic to all American Indians. It was an actual law of the Six Nation Confederacy, which included the Mohawks, Oneidas, Cayugas, Senecas, and Tuscaroras. The Six Nation Confederacy, by the way, was almost certainly the primary inspiration behind this government's representative democracy, three branched government, system of checks and balances, and bicameral legislature.

Seriously, it's like claiming there's ONE European culture and everyone in Europe wears clogs and berets, drinks vodka, dances the Polka, lives in Gothic cathedrals, and loves pasta.

with them? or a select few...

lets put EOH, DC Shoe Don, ILoveHipHop, DCShoeChick, Rudolph, and yourself together to collectively create a unique shoe for the African American culture...

..and lets say its done because AA usually have high blood pressure and put hot sauce on just about everything (DC? Mambo Sauce)

I only scored a 950 on my S.A.T., so I really don't understand what Meth said.

But I nodded my head when I finished reading...
Sig check...
MY CITY NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE ME
I REPRESENT IT PROUDLY.
WITH WHAT I AM COOKING IN THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW...

Point taken. We could talk about how it's a demeaning, soulless byproduct of committee thinking, but it's just easier to post this:

story.great.dane.jpg

Meth. you win after that joint...

or this...

ghetopoly.JPG
MY CITY NEEDS PEOPLE LIKE MEWITH WHAT I AM COOKING IN THE KITCHEN RIGHT NOW...

See, I think Ghettoopoly was designed for racists/ignorant fools.

On the other hand, companies actually think that using patronizing, condescending, and mocking product names like "Jimmie Hatz" or, say, "Jumpman 4 Shizzle" are relevant and exciting to their consumers.

It's like your 50 year old mother trying to sound "cool" when talking to your friends.

They just don't get it, and that they actually think this sort of thing IS relevant only further demonstrates the depths of their ignorance.

180px-Poochie.gif

Wiggity wiggity word up! Rock on, party!

i thought this was a joke on jimmy kimmel :lol:
laugh.gif

Team DC/MD/VA
Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
young black and dashing like Sydney in his prime in a black film classic

you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

Bypassing all the joking (but also truthful) remarks...

This REALLY does not sit well with me, especially for consumers who will just take that ad for word and face value and keep it moving.

As much as NIKE thinksand advertise it that way, it always
Dream Team of MD/DC/VA - TRUTH hurts, doesn't it?
'TeePeso,' 'Ryan8478,' DCShoeDon,' 'JaywhYeNeX,' 'Importking,' 'DCshoechick,' 'Scott Scotch,' 'rudolph1996,' '7hillz'​

being part native american im not sure how i feel about this, im sure it will help some people but the approach isn't right.

Actually they researched and met with a bunch of different tribes and got different measurements because Native Americans have a much wider forefoot than the average person.

I really don't think it was meant to stir up controversy.

My-T.
LISTEN TO THE KIRKOUT HOUR LIVE!
THURSDAYS 5-7PM EST
WWW.XTSR.ORG
WWW.SMOKINGSECTION.NET
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/BONEYSTARKS

Quote:
"True Native Fit?" You've gotta be kidding me.

It sounds a little strange to me as well but have you heard feedback directly from who the shoe is being marketed to? I see Nike's stated intentions in their news release and while it's usually assumed that every corporation has ulterior motives I'm hard pressed in this case to see what they might be, am I not looking hard enough?

Quote:
On the other hand, companies actually think that using patronizing, condescending, and mocking product names like "Jimmie Hatz" or, say, "Jumpman 4 Shizzle" are relevant and exciting to their consumers.
THAT WAS A PIMP SCHOOL MAN!

lol. i cant believe bammas really care. nike is trying to mske $$$$ and thats it
Another one bites the dust!

Back
Top Bottom