Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

In 10 years I’ve yet to have something break or leak on me. Guess I’m lucky

I use my shoes in the gym (depending on my lifts that day), walking, and general use. So far, only my 2014 Zoom Fly 2 leaked out over the course of two of so years, but I don't like even the most remote possibility.

ZF1 has react...supposedly

I cut one of my ZFs in half after I was done with the pair and there's react in there. Well, technically I can't say for sure since I didn't test the density or anything like that, but when I compared the inner foam on the ZF to the epics it sure felt like it was react foam...

4:00 mark the designer mentioned lunarlon & react (this vid should be stickied on the zf/vf thread :lol: )

https://news.nike.com/news/gyakusou-su19

2018.2 nike zoom pegasus 35 turbo 19.02.28 14.jpg
2018.2 nike zoom pegasus 35 turbo 19.02.28 15.jpg

Last edited:
we've wondered about not marketing it and had a couple of theories why that is in the zf thread

i think they didn't want it to rain on the epic reacts parade, nike wanted to announce that as the first running shoes with the brand new sole and marketing-wise it makes sense and it worked, that sold really well off the gate

they did use/announce that rubber compound on bball shoes before but that was a complete bust

they also have the zoomX being introduced in the VFs, they probably didn't want to take the focus away from it and have people wondering and being curious about the "other" new rubber was

but it wasn't until that video above that we really found out that there was react in the ZF1s

https://news.nike.com/news/nike-zoom-vaporfly-4-percent

Zero mention of React. 2017 predates the incorporation of React in the running line. And if Nike had debuted a brand new technology into their Breaking 2 lineup don't you think they would have brought it up in the official press release?

Yeah. React foam is in the Zoomfly 1. Was called improved lunar in the press release, when in fact it was a react core in a lunar carrier. The React foan in it though is not the same type now found in ZF FK, Vomero 14 and the Epic/Odessey React.
Main reasons for this is that talking about react needed to be with the launch of Epic. Bit hard to talk about this great new foam with a shoe with a plate in and a carrier foam compared to a shoe with a midsole that is pure version of the new foam.

we've wondered about not marketing it and had a couple of theories why that is in the zf thread

i think they didn't want it to rain on the epic reacts parade, nike wanted to announce that as the first running shoes with the brand new sole and marketing-wise it makes sense and it worked, that sold really well off the gate

they did use/announce that rubber compound on bball shoes before but that was a complete bust

they also have the zoomX being introduced in the VFs, they probably didn't want to take the focus away from it and have people wondering and being curious about the "other" new rubber was

but it wasn't until that video above that we really found out that there was react in the ZF1s

Yeah. React foam is in the Zoomfly 1. Was called improved lunar in the press release, when in fact it was a react core in a lunar carrier. The React foan in it though is not the same type now found in ZF FK, Vomero 14 and the Epic/Odessey React.
Main reasons for this is that talking about react needed to be with the launch of Epic. Bit hard to talk about this great new foam with a shoe with a plate in and a carrier foam compared to a shoe with a midsole that is pure version of the new foam.

God, I hate marketing. I regret majoring and working in it.

59EC82CA-CB31-419E-918D-BAE9A61558BE.jpeg

Clash of the pastels. The post about the 35s above inspired me to actually break out my 34s for their first run. Felt good but still need about 50 miles to feel great.
Also just got the ACG hat but am a bit disappointed- I also have a Nike Trail AW84 hat and whatever you call the band around the base of the hat is much more sweat absorbing than this ACG version. Apparently not all AW84s are the same...
Info on the hat please.

I hope the gyakusou would be available at NDC. Still iffy on the sizing on peg turbo. I dig the thin tounge on gyakusou version, which is what I prefer.

i like the pattern of the uppers, wish they play around more with the pattern to change it up and give the peg35 a mid-year-cycle

Finally copped a pair of the red(ish) peg turbos from FNL for about a buck. Can't wait to try them out, hopefully this weekend. Been running in zoom flys mostly for the last few months.

Anybody know where the cheapest place to get the grey turbos is? I know finishline has them for $150. Just curious if anybody has seen them lower.

Finally copped a pair of the red(ish) peg turbos from FNL for about a buck. Can't wait to try them out, hopefully this weekend. Been running in zoom flys mostly for the last few months.

I’ve been running ZF and switched to Turbos for long runs in the past two weeks. They’re definitely comfy, but it may take a run or two for your feet to get used to them coming off of ZF, the lack of the plate propelling you forward is a different sensation imo.

Also I feel like I prefer my ZF because of the snug fit, I went TTS in my Turbos and they just feel a bit bulky and loose. Not to the point where they’re sloppy, it just lacks that feeling of speed that I appreciate in the ZF.

Anybody know what happened to the react + zoom wild horse and kiger? I thought those were supposed to release around January.

Back
Top Bottom