Nike Air Pegasus ALL NEW MODELS 30, 31, 32 and up

From TrackTalk: “New Pegasus is less cushioned and more light / racer-ish than the 36. It’s essentially become the Zoom Elite 11. New trainer in the works to be a daily workhorse.”

I'm interested if they lower the price. But I also think they'll change it back in a few years or slowly add back cushioning. I'll be interested if it becomes Nike's take on the Kinvara.

From TrackTalk: “New Pegasus is less cushioned and more light / racer-ish than the 36. It’s essentially become the Zoom Elite 11. New trainer in the works to be a daily workhorse.”

Why not just keep the Pegasus what it’s always been and make a new line or make them the elites. Doesn’t make much sense unless Nike turns the Pegasus into a “Updated Elite” and the actual Pegasus are now a default Turbo.

Why not just keep the Pegasus what it’s always been and make a new line or make them the elites. Doesn’t make much sense unless Nike turns the Pegasus into a “Updated Elite” and the actual Pegasus are now a default Turbo.

I think it makes sense to revamp the Pegasus. The Vomero 14 fills the space for the Pegasus. I prefer the Vomero 14 to the Peg 36 for sail training anyway.

I think it makes sense to revamp the Pegasus. The Vomero 14 fills the space for the Pegasus. I prefer the Vomero 14 to the Peg 36 for sail training anyway.

I don't mind a revamp. I'm just simply not paying $140 for a daily trainer. That said, with the Legend React being only $100, they could easily make a $100-$120 daily trainer with React and Zoom. Although personally, the 33-36 have hit the sweet spot for me in terms of underfoot feel.

Select runners on sale on NDC 25% off...
Code SPRINT apply to cart if qualified.

Select Turbo 2, Vomeros, and Epic reacts to name a few.

Screenshot_20190924-052835_Chrome.jpg

Retail for Vomero 14 are at $140, but I’ve been finding them for between $60 and $80 no problem. I made the switch to Vomero 14 for my daily trainer this year, really been enjoying them. Pegs are basically not in my rotation any more except for short recovery runs

I relaced them for a little tighter feel, so I was able to have a good lockdown. I’ve heard from some there may be some heel slippage, but that was not an issue for me at all. Personally, I prefer the peg turbo 2 over my ER2.

I bought my first pair of Pegasus Turbo 2 (recent Finishline sale). I bought TTS and feel like there’s definitely some heel slippage just from trying them on and walking around. Definitely will give it a run later this week.

Retail for Vomero 14 are at $140, but I’ve been finding them for between $60 and $80 no problem. I made the switch to Vomero 14 for my daily trainer this year, really been enjoying them. Pegs are basically not in my rotation any more except for short recovery runs

That's the beauty of these runners. Not every iteration will suit you across the same shoe. The combination between the make up of the upper, cushion setup, and midsole setup will always make a shoe ride differently. Mix this with your your body mechanics, feet, and gait cycle its possible you'd have to change shoes.

The Vomero was never meant to be a fast shoe. The plushness thereof Is what they are remember for. Since they changed the the zoom setup in the Vomero it's made the ride stiff and not as cushioned... They feel like as if they are daily trainers with the firm ride.

To me the Vomero and Pegasus dont differ much... Just really comes down to personal preference anymore...

I wish they didn't have the rose... it just looks off to me.

They'd look 100% better without it. However, I like them enough to purchase at retail. I'll probably swap out that lace system for a pair of timberland-esque boot laces.

That might explain why they stopped making the Elite. I'm sure this decision has been in the works for a while. The Elite 9 was easily my favorite shoe for the bulk of my mileage (low weeks of 50 miles and high weeks of up to 65). The Elite 10 felt cheaper all around and I only had one pair - and went online everywhere to buy as many Elite 9s that I could scavenge. I've been relegated to using the Streak 6/7 and Zoom Fly FK for my heavy mileage, and while it's OK, but not nearly a perfect routine or ideal replacement. I've recently been looking at the Peg 36 to replace the Elite 9, but the weight difference is noticeable underfoot. If they can pare down the Peg by an ounce or two, it'll be my new go-to.

That might explain why they stopped making the Elite. I'm sure this decision has been in the works for a while. The Elite 9 was easily my favorite shoe for the bulk of my mileage (low weeks of 50 miles and high weeks of up to 65). The Elite 10 felt cheaper all around and I only had one pair - and went online everywhere to buy as many Elite 9s that I could scavenge. I've been relegated to using the Streak 6/7 and Zoom Fly FK for my heavy mileage, and while it's OK, but not nearly a perfect routine or ideal replacement. I've recently been looking at the Peg 36 to replace the Elite 9, but the weight difference is noticeable underfoot. If they can pare down the Peg by an ounce or two, it'll be my new go-to.

The ZF 3 and Peg Turbo are both great shoes that can handle easy and uptempo miles. I’ve been doing the bulk of my training in these two models and have been very happy with them.

The ZF 3 and Peg Turbo are both great shoes that can handle easy and uptempo miles. I’ve been doing the bulk of my training in these two models and have been very happy with them.

I've tried the Peg Turbo - felt great the first 100 miles and then became a different shoe - too squishy for me. Haven't bought the ZF3 yet and probably won't since I have two pairs of the ZF2FK to wear through.

Any release date for the next Peg? Isn't it usually August?

I've tried the Peg Turbo - felt great the first 100 miles and then became a different shoe - too squishy for me. Haven't bought the ZF3 yet and probably won't since I have two pairs of the ZF2FK to wear through.

Any release date for the next Peg? Isn't it usually August?

The Peg 36 just came out in May or June. I wouldn’t expect to see the next model until May / June next year.

Back
Top Bottom