Nike Air Penny 3 2020 retro

Nike-Air-Penny-3-OG-2020-Release-Info-1.jpg

This past year alone, Nike’s releases have evoked a strong sense of nostalgia for those old enough to fully witness the sneaker culture of the late 90s and early 2000s. Among revivals of the Air Spiridon as well as a few of Jordan Brand‘s greats, the imprint has also proffered gifts for devoted fans of Penny Hardaway. And though more recently enamored with the 5, it looks like they’re heading back a bit further with the re-release of the Air Penny 3 in its OG colorway. First debuted in 1997 and then brought back nearly a decade after, the silhouette repurposed Foamposite tech with a new design whose inaugural set hued to both home and away schemes. The forthcoming version is likely to be nearly identical to the blue and white most remembered, while follow-ups of more will arrive not too long thereafter. Take a detailed look at 2009’s pair to see what to expect and sit tight for more solid release dates and pricing info.

Hopefully they will be better than the first retro, but I doubt it.

The black pair was the first Penny I got back in the day, and the retros were like fakes in comparison :smh:

They are bringing back these instead of the 2s (it’s been 12 years) or 1s? Seriously.....do they send out surveys to customers asking what they want, look at sales figures from years past, post stuff on IG to see what kind of nostalgic responses they receive, etc? No, some goon who claims to know about sneakers makes decisions. So disappointing.

i love the first 3.
its like the shoe is evolving.

ill pick up whichever of the first up there go on sale first lol

They are bringing back these instead of the 2s (it’s been 12 years) or 1s? Seriously.....do they send out surveys to customers asking what they want, look at sales figures from years past, post stuff on IG to see what kind of nostalgic responses they receive, etc? No, some goon who claims to know about sneakers makes decisions. So disappointing.
The 1s and the 2s have been been re-retroed since the last time these came out though.

They just didn't release all the OG colorways

I want the black 3s. But they need to add the zoom back in the forefoot. Thats why these Penny retros have sucked. Missing that really nice zoom feel.

These will be a cop... OG White/royals and if they release the black / silver pair, those were always dope to me. Hopefully at a discounted price

Any info on the black ones?

Chunky basketball shoes don't fit my style anymore, but I just love the nostalgia. Sneaker designs used to be super unique.

Cushioning sucked so doubt these retro gonna be better. Might be in for nostalgia for the lowest price

Any info on the black ones?

Chunky basketball shoes don't fit my style anymore, but I just love the nostalgia. Sneaker designs used to be super unique.

90's were definitely the golden age of sneaker design. Today's bball shoes are mostly generic/performance based shoes. It's definitely tougher to come up with something new and unique after 30 years. Zoom is still Nike's best cushioning and that came out in 96/97.

Bro Nike is so whack sometimes, I think everyone would agree we need some 2's in og colors smh. These are going straight to marshals and outlets

Back
Top Bottom